Life Control | Teen Ink

Life Control

I like to believe I have total control over my life; but do I really? Like, my whole life is just rushing to make it on time to the next thing I have to do. It's all scheduled and planned out for me already. Damn, that's sad. I'm always in a rush, and maybe that's why I'm an introverted person; because in the rare situation that I, Kristen W., have even a second of freetime, I choose to use it by relaxing at home and hiding in my dark-hole-of-a-room. I wish my life had more spontaneous vacations, or surprises, or something. Everyday is literally so predictable, it makes me sick sometimes; and when it's not predictable, it's usually due to some s***ty stuff that decided to make itself present that day. It probably sounds like I'm being ungrateful, because honestly, my life is pretty great when you look at it from the outside. I'm not lying when I say this, though: my life is controlled by deadlines and daily routines. I guess some people find comfort in daily routines, and maybe I do too, to a certain extent. I crave something new, though. The universe doesn't hate me, but it doesn't love me either.