A Dream Is A Wish The Heart Makes | Teen Ink

A Dream Is A Wish The Heart Makes

By HannahSaulnier PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
HannahSaulnier PLATINUM, Manitowoc, Wisconsin

"The heart may be weak, and sometimes it may even give in. But I've learned that deep down, there's a light that never goes out!"
"There is no darkness strong enough in this world that can diminish the light in our hearts."
-Kingdom Hearts

What is a dream?

A dream is something that you experience while you're sleeping. Sometimes you don't experience them and have a dreamless sleep. You often don't remember that type of dream when you wake up in the morning.

However, that's not the type of dream I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is the goals you set and hope to achieve one day.

My passion of writing became so important to me that it became my dream to become a published author. For someone who loves playing sports, it's probably their dream to become a part of a known sports team. Your dream really depends on who you are as a person.

But what is a dream, really?

It's not just a goal, or a plan for the future, or even a vision you set for yourself.

As Cinderella says, "a dream is a wish your heart makes."

Believe in it, and it will eventually come true. You don't decide what it is, but you can decide whether to succeed at accomplishing it. I know from experience- after a little over a week more than nine months have passed since I first joined this community of creative minds and took that first step towards my dream, yet here I am, one of my poems being published in the print magazine, two of my works having received editors' choice awards, and one of my poems having been voted number one by fellow TeenInk users.

Never give up on your dreams, because if you do, you give up on yourself. Keep in mind that a dream is a wish your heart makes.