Challenges That I Overcame! | Teen Ink

Challenges That I Overcame!

December 7, 2017
By Anonymous

 “ Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze me, they are supposed to help me discover who I am.” said, Bernice Johnson Reagon. My parents always teach me that the challenges did not exist alone on this planet, they existed as a part of our life in order to determine who we are? In fact,  I think facing challenges makes you stronger and without them, life becomes somewhat meaningless because we have nothing to compare with a good too.Facing up to challenges and living through them give us the experienced that make up our life.

Throughout my life, I have experienced many challenges of getting achievements, whether in sports, education or my personal life. For instance, Last year, I had a soccer match against the team who wins the winning trophy 3 consecutive times. They are the only team who has the best defenders and the attackers in their team. I remembered when I played the first time against them. (it was a final match), they made our whole teammates because they took over the match by hitting 8 goals on us. My coach was so disappointed with my performance because he was expected from me to take our team to champions. But I could not, and I was so humiliated at that time. Even though, when I returned back to my home, I did not even talk to anyone for a moment since I lost the match. I was so disappointed in my performance because I played forward and failed to express my skills.

But then, I had the opportunity to beat them. I was not really afraid to play upon them because I believed in my skills and abilities. But at the same time, we could not take them easy, we had to play better to beat them. Therefore, my coach told me that I had to improve my weakness in order to be in the team, which made me really frustrated, and that is why, I was not expecting that I would be able to take my revenge from them because I had a little injury in my leg. I broke my leg in practice field and having a pain in my knee. I was so concerned that my coach would not let me  play in a team. Moreover, my biggest concern was that I had not enough stamina to compete with my opponent. For that reason, I had to overcome my weakness and I could not give up because I cannot accept my defeat.

Therefore, I decided that I had to be improved my weakness.  During my training session, I started running 5 miles every single day. I often participated in a bicycle race in order to work out of my leg muscles. The race has been usually about 27 miles and 10 laps. I had to finish one lap in 5 minutes to be in that race. Oftentimes, The weather is too hot and I usually give up when I forget to bring my water bottle with me and had to deal with dehydration. In my second session, I woke up soon to go for the practice field. I used to do practice with and without the ball to improve my techniques skills as well. After a lot of my hard work and dedication toward that match, I was getting better to play again. I improved my various skills. I was being able to change direction quickly and control movements of my whole body because it was needed to be able to change direction quickly while diving to avoid letting the ball pass the line and spread my body out to block incoming shots or collect a loose ball.  Eventually, I got my position back in a team, because I was completely ready to play again, my coach was completely impressed by me. 

Finally, the day had come out when I was dying to take my revenge. I came out on the ground, wearing my favorite jersey number ‘7’. I was so excited and proud of myself that I did not avoid the challenges and overcame them. The referee blew a whistle, I encouraged my teammates and said, “Let’s go, We got this!” The ball started to roll. The bleachers were full of spectators from both teams. Like I said above, this game was the most important game so far because three teams were tied at the 1st game with two games left. One of my teammates passed the ball to me and I took and curving into the goal and making the swish sound on the net. “GOAL” my teammates screamed out loud. Right after that, when all of my teammates began to run at me and started hugging me. On the other hand, I was so happy when I saw my opponent putting their heads down. Lastly, After 60 minutes, the referee blew an ending whistle and points his both arms out to us, which was the signed of our victory and it was not just a coincidence but as a result of my hard work and dedication.

Since I played that match, I learned that if you want to achieve anything in your life, then you have to face challenges because of almost every day, every person faces challenges or difficulties. But we should never give up and accept that challenge because as we all know that the challenges are the part of our life. Every human being on this planet can go far in life if we obtain challenges. I also learned that we are all born as winners, but we just have to let remind ourselves that if there is a problem in anything, there is always a solution for that.