summer football practice | Teen Ink

summer football practice

It was a hot and sunny day in June when we were doing defensive line drills. After about an hour of practice, we moved on to live practice, where the offense was pitted against the defense. During this time, I was assigned to line up against Lessandro, the Wildcatz team's best-left tackle, who stood at 6'4" and weighed over 300 pounds. As I took my position and the ball was snapped, the play began. team. I Line up and the ball gets hiked I have the best get off of my life and beat him with a step in and out then a spin around him to tag the quarterback (since we can’t tackle them). I win that rep and we line up again the ball is snapped and I get to put on my ass this time he grabs my jersey.  After all that we had to do conditioning the worst part of practice. We did the 40s first about 20 of them then we did log rolls to the 20 and back. Practice was pretty much over at that point besides the coaches talking to us. We all head into the locker room get our pads off and head home good day of practice.

i play football