I'M Back | Teen Ink

I'M Back MAG

By Anonymous

   "I'm Back." These are the very words the Chicago Bulls have been waiting for for the past 17 months. Of course, I am talking about the return of the greatest basketball player who has ever played in the NBA: Michael "Air" Jordan.

For almost a year and a half, people have been saying that Michael Jordan would never play the game of basketball again. Others said that he would return and make the league stronger. Michael had gotten a lot of attention while playing for the Birmingham White Sox (Chicago White Sox's minor league team) where Jordan didn't do too well. The Chicago Bulls have been paying Michael $4 million dollars so that he wouldn't talk to any other teams.

The media for the past two weeks knew that Michael would be returning to the game, because they saw Michael pulling into the Chicago Bulls' practice court, 40 pairs of Nike's being delivered to the United Center, and confirmation from the White Sox that he would not be returning to baseball. It was pretty obvious at this point. Why would one person need 40 pairs of sneakers if he wasn't going to play?

There is only person who has received seven straight scoring titles, nine straight All-Star game appearances, two MVPs, three straight NBA Championships, two Olympic Gold medals, a 63-point game against the Boston Celtics after a 40-game injury, many 50-point games, a Slam Dunk Contest championship. The only thing missing is the 101 point record to beat Wilt Chamberlain's 100.

What else can you ask for? That's just it, you can't. The Chicago Bulls are hoping that with the return of Michael, they can make another run for a fourth championship. Can they, or can't they? Can Michael make it the eighth scoring title? Can he get a third MVP? All in a matter of three and half months? Who knows? It is Michael Jordan; it is unpredictable. Welcome back number 23 and number 45! l