The Curse of the Bambino | Teen Ink

The Curse of the Bambino

The curse was to have begun in 1919 when Babe Ruth was traded to the New York Yankees from the Boston Red Sox, The Curse of the Bambino was said to keep the Red Sox from winning the MLB World Series. Prior to 1919 the Boston Red Sox were one of the most successful professional baseball teams and even won the first ever World Series in 1903.The most interesting part was the success of the New York Yankees. After they had bought Babe Ruth they became the most successful professional baseball team.
Many Red sox fans attempted various methods to reverse the curse. One of these ways were placing a Red Sox cap on the top of Mt. Everest and burning a Yankees one at the base camp. Others included hiring professional exorcists and Father Guido Sarducci to purify Fenway Park.
The curse to have said to have been reversed in 2004 when the Red Sox won four out of seven games against the Yankees when trailing three to zero in the first three games. Then they went to face the Cardinals in the World Series, and won the first four games to take their first series win since 1918.
In my opinion the curse has permanently broken because of recent events of the Red Sox winning the 2007 World Series. Hopefully the curse has not been turned on the New York Yankees being a fan of them and all. I bet many Red Sox fans out there hope that the Yankees get a little taste of the curse themselves, but we will see what happens. We will see…