Make Helments For Girls Lacrosse | Teen Ink

Make Helments For Girls Lacrosse

By cursiveink BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
cursiveink BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

"Being popular, isn't all glory and happiness as it's said to be."
"Who I am to judge the life that someone else lives?"
"I am who I am, judge me if you must, but I shall not be negatively effected because I know who I am, I found god."

I think that in girls lacrosse, there should be a strict rule that prohibits not wearing safety equipment such as helmets and padding. In men's lacrosse, they are to wear padding gear, helmets, ect. These are the things that keep them safe. Women's lacrosse has turned into such a rough and physical sport between years ago and now. Girls are getting more aggressive and the game becomes more competitive. I would hear on the news about a girl who got hit in the head with the lacrosse ball and it caused fatal brain injuries and she can no longer play lacrosse. Terribly unfortunate for her, but it sends a message to the rest of the women who wish to pursue the sport. No helmets are't the most stylish thing, but safety comes before fashion. We as women, are just as important as men are and we deserve to have a say in our safety for something we love and want to improve.

Women's lacrosse should have helmets, just like men's lacrosse does.

Jpstites BRONZE, Bend, Oregon
I totally agree! Just because the girls game isn't supposed to be a contact sport, it really has turned into one so I think we need to start wearing helmets to keep us safe like the men do.