The Lovely Lake | Teen Ink

The Lovely Lake

By abby_dunn BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana
abby_dunn BRONZE, Metairie, Louisiana

When you think about the best time of the week, you think of the weekend. Like most students, I love getting those two days off of school every week, but unlike other people, I go on a vacation to one of the best places I know, Hide-A-Way-Lake. Not many people have heard of this man-made lake, but many families either have a weekend lake house or regular home there. This wonderful place is located in Carrier, Mississippi. The lake is beautiful and free from alligators. Many people like to go on their boats and tube or ski. Not only can you tube and ski, but you can go to the Lodge for a nice meal. The lodge has a pool and a little beach right next to it, so you can eat and then play in the water. At the end of the day, many families and friends go on their boats and watch the sunset as a good ending to the nice day everyone has had. With great beauty comes many rules and regulations to keep the lake beautiful and safe. For instance, on the lake, there are certain no wake zones that you can not go over a certain speed, and after a certain time, you can not go over a certain speed in any part of the lake. You also need to be considerate of the neighbors and their property, so be aware of how fast you are going and how loud you are being. Other than those and many other rules, Hide-A-Way-Lake is certainly the most fun experience, and I most definitely recommend getting a house there.  

My family has just built our own little house on the lake, and we have enjoyed every minute we have spent there.