Trails of Wisconsin | Teen Ink

Trails of Wisconsin

When someone asks me where I live, I tell them I live in Wisconsin. Usually, what comes to mind for them is a place with farms, lots of lakes, and our busiest city here, Milwaukee. They also touch on how Wisconsin is cold, with a long winter and hot summer. But whenever I reflect on where I live, I think about Wisconsin. I come to think of the trail by Lake Michigan. By the city, Lake Michigan can be as blue as the Ocean. The pretty different shades of blue crashing upon the shore. Reminding me of how Wisconsin sometimes isn’t a bore. Looking out toward the horizon, seeing the sun, I want Wisconsin’s winter to be done. Lake Michigan is the Ocean of Wisconsin, as blue as the Caribbean and as clear as Florida’s shore. I Want to go back there every summer, to watch Wisconsin’s biggest waves. Walking in the green forest of Wisconsin, hints of white birch. I walk past other people enjoying one of the many trails in Wisconsin. Wanting to get to the beach, the walk is still pleasant. The evergreen and pastel blue skies of a northern summer. On the way to the aqua waves, feeling refreshed and appreciative of the trails in Wisconsin available to us. The blue views encouraged me to explore more of Wisconsin’s wonders.

This piece is simple and tells about the joy and simplistic beauty of trails in Wisconsin, especially the one by a pretty blue lake, called Lake Michigan.