The Sensations of Seminyak | Teen Ink

The Sensations of Seminyak

November 19, 2023
By chloesmith123 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
chloesmith123 BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

From sensational snorkelling with turtles and manta rays to quad biking through wonderful waterfalls, the beauty of Seminyak on the beautiful island Bali is awaiting you, writes Chloe. 


INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH/LOCATION 
Seminyak can be found at the southern end of Bail, Indonesia along the beautiful coastline. Just 4456 kilometres and a 6-hour plane flight away from Brisbane, Australia. Seminyak, Bali is perfect for a family holiday as you will never run out of activities to do. This world-class island has so much to offer to teens and their families, like strolling through the handmade markets, walking through the monkey forest and snorkelling with manta rays and turtles.  


LANGUAGE and COMMUNICATION and ETIQUETTE AND CULTURAL AWARENESS 
In Seminyak, the local Balinese people speak fluent Indonesian and Balinese, but almost all of them know enough English so they are able to have conversations with. Bali is a very cultural country. The main religion that Balinese people follow is Hinduism. In the Balinese temples, everyone must cover-up prior to entering a temple as it is disrespectful not to.  


GEOGRAPHY and CLIMATE and HISTORY OF THE AREA 
In Bali, instead of having summer, autumn, winter and spring, they have a dry season and a wet season, but it is extremely hot all year round. The best time to visit Seminyak is from May – October which is the dry season so usually sunny weather and a temperature of 21 – 32 degrees. July – August is when it is most crowded, as it is when most people are on holiday.  


CULINARY TRADITIONS and DINING OPTIONS AND AFFORDABILITY 
Seminyak has so many different dining options for every occasion. It is very usual to find street food vendors in Seminyak as it is a quite popular job for the local Balinese people. Some common traditional Balinese food is Babi guling which is a pig roast or hog roast is an event or gathering that involves the barbecuing of a whole pig and lawar which is an Indonesian dish created from a mixture of vegetables, minced meat, coconut mixed with rich herbs and spices. Food in Bali is quite cheap compared to food in Australia with a meal in Bail starting at A$5. 


OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT/ARTS/CULTURE 
There are so many unique activities for teens and their families in and around Seminyak. Two activities that are a must-do are quad biking through tunnels and waterfalls, taking a boat tour to Nusa Penida and snorkelling with manta rays and turtles. Seminyak is a very cultured suburb with a very artistic culture with bamboo weavers, painters, musicians, and dancers. 
 
TRANSPORTATION and ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS and ACCESS TO FACILITIES 
In Seminyak, there are a lot of different ways to get around, the most popular being renting a scooter or motorcycle. But like every other country, there are still cars and taxis as well as apps like Uber called GoJek that are extremely cheap. If you are in a car the trip will take a bit longer than expected because of the amount of traffic. The flight from Brisbane airport to Denpasar, Bali takes about 6 hours but of course that will vary depending on where you are flying from. Talking about accommodation, there is a vast selection of options in Seminyak Bali such as hotels, resorts with the friendliest staff as well private villas that people can choose from. With facilities, there are many medical facilities, police and banks for internationals to access throughout Bali and most places will most likely have free Wi-Fi for everyone to connect to. 
OTHER/INTERESTING FACTS  
Some interesting facts about Seminyak are that it is known for having the best and most beautiful surf beaches throughout the whole of Bali.  
 


The author's comments:

Year 8 End of term 4 English assessment