The Wonders of Vanuatu | Teen Ink

The Wonders of Vanuatu

November 19, 2023
By dakoda BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
dakoda BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

From pristine beaches and lagoons to the local markets, Efate Island Vanuatu is an experience to remember, writes Dakoda. 
 
LOCATION 
SETTING 
Efate island Vanuatu is in the Pacific Ocean just 3617km from Australia and a 3-hour flight from Brisbane. This tropical paradise is the perfect destination for nature lovers and a family holiday with lots of water sports and cultural activities. With just a 3.5 hour drive you can make your way around the whole island and visit all the exquisite destinations with lots of fun activities, tours, markets, and cultural experiences like kayaking Stand up paddle boarding snorkelling rope swings jumping into waterfalls plus lots more and see the beautiful beaches with breathtaking vibrant marine life and coral.  
 
LANGUAGE  
AND COMMUNICATION  
GEOGRAPHY AND CLIMATE 
Communicating with the workers is easy because majority of the locals are fluent in Bislama there first language as well as English. Although the weather is pleasing throughout the whole year, the best time to visit is generally April to September because it gets warmer which will lead to a more enjoyable tropical holiday. Since the weather is warm and humid and you can soak up the sun anywhere it is recommended to wear summer clothes to take in the snug summertime sun. 
 
CULINARY TRADITIONS AND SPECIALTIES 
DINING OPTIONS AND AFFORDABILITY  
There are three substantial and popular resorts with impeccable restaurants and activities included in them and if you are looking for a cheaper option there are various hotels near villages. In Vanuatu they have A wide variety of appetizing and flavorful food, but they have a lot of popular dishes with fish as it is easy to access for them. There are plenty of supermarkets and corner stores in all the popular destinations. 
 
HISTORY OF THE AREA  
ETIQUETTE AND CULTURAL AWARENESS 
There are indigenous groups spread around the island and heaps of tours with cultural experiences that teach you about the interesting and unique ways the indigenous people used to use the land. The island Efate was first discovered by people from the Solomon Islands who were said to arrive by canoe. 
 
 
TRANSPORTATION  
ACCESS TO FACILITIES  
Going to Vanuatu it is a 3-hour direct flight from Brisbane to the Efate Island Bauerfeild international airport. From the airport there are taxis always waiting outside and it is just a 15-minute drive to the main town port villa. There are local taxis everywhere on Efate Island and there is a cheaper bus option that stops at all the popular destinations and the resorts. You can also hire a car if you want to explore the island yourself. Around the   island there is one hospital and two medical centers. There are a lot of money exchange stores which are convenient for tourists. I would recommend staying in Port Villa because the resorts and a handful of small cafes and shops have free Wi-Fi and air conditioning.  
 
OTHER 
NTERTAINMENT/ARTS/ 
CULTURE 
RECREATION AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES 
When visiting Efate Island, teens can immerse themselves in all cultural dances and events while exploring the villages browsing through markets listening, watching, and getting Involved in the way they live with their distinctive culture. Vanuatu is known for its pristine beaches and captivating coral in snorkeling areas. The island offers a large number of activities for adventure lovers and families from water sports, watching fire shows and buying local handmade bracelets and other goods, and visiting the natural insta-worthy lagoons and waterfalls.  


The author's comments:

Year 8 end of term 4 english assessment.