Canberra Calls, Come and Capture its Charm, Teenagers! | Teen Ink

Canberra Calls, Come and Capture its Charm, Teenagers!

By JoshV BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other
JoshV BRONZE, Sippy Downs, Other

Sit back and let Josh take you through the wonderland of the Australian Capital Territory. 
Settled in the Australian Capital Territories Canberra, the capital of Australia, an amazing place to be explored with many different opportunities for teenagers to have fun. This city is home to many different cultures, exciting museums, and cool sights. Whether you want to go on a adventure, learn about history, or explore outside, Canberra offers lots of opportunities. Embark on a journey of a lifetime through this city of wonder and experience the amazing assets Canberra has to offer.  
Canberra is fun all year-round. Spring (September to November) when it is cold, it is great for exploring the city's indoor attractions. From December to February, visitors are required to wear cooler clothes for outdoor activities like singlets and shorts. June to August is ideal for those who love the cold weather. 
Canberra is a fun city with a rich history. Its name means "meeting place" in the Aboriginal language, and it was founded in 1824. Originally known as Canberry or Canbury, the city was designed by famous architect Walter Burley Griffin. Interestingly, it was made the capital city of Australia in 1908 to settle a rivalry between Sydney and Melbourne. Today, Canberra is a lively city with plenty of exciting activities and sights to enjoy.  
Canberra has unique and delicious food for adventurous teens. Popular choices for meat lovers include Angus beef, Emu meat, and Kangaroo meat. Sweet tooths can enjoy national desserts like Lamington, Pavlova, and Anzac cookies. For a taste of Australia's culinary specialties, try Burrata, Risotto, and Lamb Picanha. Come and explore the flavors of Canberra! 
Canberra is a great place for teens to adventure. You can hike in Namadgi National Park, cycle by Lake Burley Griffin, try kayaking and paddleboarding, skateparks, and shops. For a relaxed day, enjoy a picnic or visit a museum. Animal lovers can explore zoos, while those seeking a unique experience can take a hot air balloon ride or ride around the city on e-scooters. Canberra guarantees an unforgettable experience. 
From my personal experience, I really enjoyed riding e-scooters around the city. I rode around Parliament House, Lake Burley Griffin, and the shops. It is a great opportunity for teens to try new things. 
There's plenty of fun for teens in Canberra, from the National Gallery of Australia and National Portrait Gallery to the Australian War Memorial. You can also enjoy local attractions like the Canberra Museum and Gallery or the Canberra Contemporary Arts Space. It's sure to be a blast! 
Canberra has a range of transportation options available such as light rails, buses, cycling, cabs, and ride-sharing services. Visitors and explorers can choose between flying, driving, taking the train, or hopping on a bus.  
There are many affordable hotels in Canberra that you might want to consider for your stay. Some options include Quality Hotel Dickson, BreakFree Capital Tower, Abode Tuggeranong, and Ibis Styles Eaglehawk. 
Canberra is a fantastic place to stay and visit, especially for teens. It has shops, banks and medical facilities that are easily accessible. The city also provides e-scooter rentals, which is a fun and convenient way to get around.   
Did you know that Canberra is known for its Hot Air Balloon festivals, wineries, NASA base, and many secret tunnels and underground highways? It is also named one of the top cities to visit by Lonely Planet. 
There are so many opportunities for teens to have fun in Canberra. Canberra has activities and places to visit all year round in every season. And world-class museums, shops, and fun activities to offer. 

Year 8 end of Term 4 assessment.