Earthling's Questions | Teen Ink

Earthling's Questions

By Delia SILVER, Erie, Kansas
Delia SILVER, Erie, Kansas

Don't be too serious about life. No one gets out alive.

My daydreams take me to places in the future, past, or present. I sometimes ask myself, “If you could travel anywhere in time, where, when, and why would you go?” I would go to Galilee, while Jesus was preaching. I have so many unanswered questions for him. It would open up a new chapter in my faith.

Jesus was living in a place where many Americans cannot go today. If I went today, I may be attacked like the tourists in Mumbai, India. Personally, I don’t want to be shot. If I’m going to be shot, I would rather be shot for something I actually did. I want to see what Jesus saw, and the ground he walked on.

For instance, there are so many unanswered questions I have for Jesus. Such as, “Does your feet get sore?” Or, “What was your favorite part about being on Earth?” “How do I witness to people that hate me?” These are in my ocean of unanswered questions. This would make my faith grow. I could also witness to people, and my eyes will be like God’s. They will see people in a new light.

I want to see what Jesus’ earthly form was like. For example, Jesus wasn’t white; he couldn’t have been, resulting from the sun. But, his voice is gentle, but guiding. His voice would have been as soft as a lamb, but convincing. The voice alone would drive my thirst for heaven to an immense level.

Jesus was in a place that in today’s world would be virtually impossible. Also, seeing him would make my faith greater. Seeing him would make me a better witness, and tell others about God. People would trust me, because I would seem to have all the answers. Maybe I’ll make a time machine myself.

balhalhd said...
hey, this girl is hte awesomest. Itotally agree with her!