Eagle Eye | Teen Ink

Eagle Eye

By fouzi, jijel, Louisiana
fouzi, Jijel, Louisiana

Its an ugly world we live in …people fighting ….robbing …killing each other left and right……with no purpose in mind but  to benefit themselves ….and it didn’t take humanity a long time before it realized that strict rules must be forced on …before chaos and destruction spread all over the world …but what good… those rules can do …if you don’t have individuals working day and night making sure everyone followed them ….these same individuals we call                   ‘’Law men’’…..But…… What will you do …if these people who you rely on to protect you fail doing so …what can you do when these ‘’law men’’ fail to do their jobs …..how far will you go to get back what they took from you and how much will you sacrifice to get your JUSTICE .
Those were the thoughts running inside someone’s head ..while he was sitting in a train reading a book ….this guy was wearing a black jacket with a hat covering his face ….he was lost reading his book …that he lost all contact with the real world…..that until a loud voice interrupted his reading …he looked to his left to see a Blond girl on her feet yelling at a guy sitting in front of her:
Girl: how dare you do this Chris ….how dare you invade my privacy like that??
Chris: I don’t know what you’re talking about Sarah…what’s wrong ??
Sarah: don’t you dare act stupid …I found my private ‘’Diary’’ ..in your bag …when I was looking to borrow your charger…how can you do this to me …after I finally agreed on going out with you on this trip  ??
Chris: what ?? I swear …I don’t know how that got inside my beg …you have to believe me Sarah !!!
Sarah : no …my friends were right about you ….you’re nothing but a creepy loser …I can’t believe I agreed to this’’ Date’’
Chris: sarah …please you have to believe me …someone must have putted there ….i would never steal your ‘’diary’’
Sarah: save it …we’re over …I don’t want to see your face ever again you creep !!
And as the girl was walking out …our hero putted a side his book and stood up and said:
Our hero: you shouldn’t be so quick on accusing people miss.
At that moment …Sarah turned around and said:
Sarah: what ?? what are you talking about ??
Our hero: your boyfriend just now …he claimed to not be responsible for stealing your ‘’diary’’ …don’t you think you own him a chance to prove his innocent ??
Sarah: I don’t think it’s none of your business but no I don’t …because I know he did it …I found it in his bag along with his personal stuff …that enough prove to me ….now will you excuse me …I can’t be in the same cart at this creep .
Our hero: of course …but before you go .. can I ask you one more question ??
Sarah: okay (confused look)
Our hero: where exactly did you find that diary in his bag ??
Sarah: uh …I don’t know …at the top of his weird books I guess
At that moment our hero smiled and said:
Our hero: exactly as I tough (smile)
Sarah: uh ??? (confused look)
And so our hero turned to Chris and said:
Our hero: Chris was it ??
Chris: yes sir (confused look)
Our hero: and your friend sitting beside you …do you two know each other for a long time ??
Chris: uh ….yeah …this is ‘’John’’ we been friends since kindergarten actually .
Our hero: I see ….(smile) ..that confirms everything !!
Chris: uh …what are you talking about ??
And so our hero took off his hat …and placed it on his chair he said:
Our hero: it seems you own mister ‘’Chris’’ a big apology miss ‘’sarah’’
Sarah: uh ….what the hell are you talking about you weirdo ?
Our hero: it seems ‘’chris’’ here …is innocent ..he didn’t take your diary …and  he  sure didn’t lie at you…all what mister ‘’Chris’’ is guilty off …is having a bad taste in friends .
Sarah: (confused look)
Our hero: I’ll explain ….you see …when you pack your stuff in a bag …the ones you leave at the end ..are the one found on the top …and so when you open somones’s bag ..you can see exactly what that person left to the end …and since you found that diary on top of some books ….that means it was placed last ..and this doesn’t make any since …something delicate like your girlfriend stolen diary will be your biggest concern and there is no way you’ll leave it last when you’re packing…you wouldn’t want any chance that someone could see it when you open your bag …so unless mister Chris here is a complete moron …I think that ‘’diary’’ was planted in .
Sarah: what ?? planted …you’re crazy ..even if I believe what you’re saying …who would do such a thing ??
Our hero: exactly… who would have access to chris’s personal bag and have a motive to plan your diary in it …who non but his best friend ……mister ‘’ JOHN’’ (ponting his finger on jhon)
   At this moment ‘’jhon’’ stood up and yelled:
John: how dare you …who do you think you are …chris is my best friend I would never do something this like this to him
Our hero: oh but you would ….and you did ….you’re the one who placed that diary …. you’re the real creep here .
Chris: I think you should stop sir ….John would never do that ….he is like a brother to me …why would he do something like that ??
Our hero: really ?? if he was such a good friend ..why didn’t he even defend you when miss sarah here was accusing you …and why was he quiet all along
John: (shocked look) so what ….that doesn’t mean im guilty
Our hero: yes but we both know that …it was all because …you …mister ‘’john’’ is in love with Sarah .
Chris: what ????? (shocked look)
Our hero: it was so obvious ever since you three sat down across of me ... i could noticed it very easily ...the way he looked at your girlfriend ...the way he smiled ...but i wasn’t sure until I saw his feet .
Jhon : my feet ?? (shocked look)
Our hero: yes ..your feet ..you see mister john …we as human can fake our words …our fellings ..but we can’t fake our body language ….at least not good enough…our mind is a powerful thing…and we can’t control it 100 percent …your true feelings will show trough your body …and more importantly …your legs …you see my friend ….your legs are the farthest  thing from your brain and thus making it hard fir you to fake those gestures …your true feelings will show through your feet…and that’s exactly what happened …despite you weren’t sitting in front of Sarah … your feet were pointing straight at her …and if you know anything about body language ….you’ll know that the feet point where the mind wants to go (smile)
Chris : this can’t be true ….john …tell me you didn’t  do that
And so all the sudden ‘’john’’ stood up and looked at Chris and said:
John : oh shut the hell up  Chris ….don’t start acting all innocent ….yes …I did it …fine …happy now …but you’re no good than I …I loved Sarah …long before you ever saw her …and I told you that in middle school .
Chris: what ?? middle school ?? but I tough that was just a teen crush …I asked you again week a go  and you said you were cool.
John : what did you expect me to say ?? my best friend telling me he is in love with the girl of my dreams …I was crushed ..saying that was the only way to conserve some pride.
Sarah: oh john (shocked look)
At this moment our hero sat down and looked down and said:
Our hero: loving that girl …doesn’t give you the right to screw your own best friend over ….you call yourself a friend….people like you don’t deserve to win the girl …you don’t even deserve to have a best friend either …you’re non but a selfish moron …that only cares about himself …typical human behavior .
And so Chris couldn’t believe what he just heard ..he couldn’t help but get up and pick his bag and started walking out…seconds later Sarah started running after him while John sat there with tears coming from his eyes .
Our hero picked his book and putted back his hat and went back to reading like nothing happened .
3 hours later ….
The train finally stopped and a loud machine voice was heard inside the train:
Voice: welcome to paris ….please watch out when exiting the train ….thank you for choosing us for your travels …we hope to see you again soon ..( the same announcement in another language )
And so our hero stood up and picked up his bag but it felt down and everything got on the floor …our hero quickly gathered his stuff  and picked up his hat and walked off the train ….he got outside and started looking around …the train station was packed with people going on and off trains …and in the middle of all that ..was our hero …he looked up and said ‘’ Paris city …here we are ‘’
Few minutes later he was out of the station …he stood on the sidewalk and started calling for a taxi …but it were all taken ..he kept standing there until a taxi stopped in front of him and a bald guy with sunglasses opened the door and said:
Bald guy: want to share a ride dude ….the taxi’s here are very damn expensive …what do you say ??
Our hero didn’t see a reason why …he got in and said:
Our hero: thanks …I appreciate that
Bald guy : not at all …so where are you heading ??
Our hero: downtown will be fine for me !!
Bald guy : great …that’s in my way ….driver …please drive us to this address ….‘’13 riverside lane’’
Driver: okay monsieur (smile)
Bald guy: French people …don’t you just love their accent… my name is ‘’ ishak’’ by the way …by my friends call me chigo …nice to meet you (smile)
Our hero: im ‘’Jack Lawe’’….nice to meet you too
Chigo: really ?? you don’t look like a jack ….fine you don’t have to tell me your real name ….but I have to confess …i saw what you did on the train.
jack (shocked look)
Chigo: now …easy …im not a stalker or anything …but I must say I was impressed there …the way you connected things together …I never someone does it before …and certainly not a young man like yourself …how old are you …18….19 ??
jack: what is it to you ??
Chigo: calm down kid …I’m just trying to offer you a job here
Jack: a job???
Chigo: yeah I just opened a detective agency here in Paris and im looking for a partner ….and I think you’re just the guy im looking for …with that special gift of yours and my resources …will make millions …..you’ll be rich (smile)
Jack: thanks but im not interested
Chigo: what ?? do you know how rare  this opportunity is  …this is Paris …the police is here is as useless as an Algerian trying to fix a tv ….do you know how much these rich a$$ people will pay you for some detective work ??
Jack: im sorry mister ‘’chigo’’ ….but I didn’t come to Paris to work as a private detective or what ever you’re offering
Chigo: then why did you come here …you don’t look like you have much money  .... ….you won’t last here a week without a job here …this is Paris my friend ….. ….you’re not in Algeria anymore .
Jack: (shocked look)
chigo: yeah I know you’re Algerian …I saw your passport when you dropped your bag in the train …..you see my friend …you’re not the only good at observing people .
Jack: look….im thankful for the offer mister chigo …..but as I said ..i didn’t come here to make money
Chigo: then why the hell are you here ??
Jack: im here to find someone ….someone I been looking for …for years
Chigo: who is he or she ?? maybe I could help you ??
Jack: I don’t think so (serious look)
Chigo: come on …don’t you trust me yet ??
Jack: let’s just say im here to find that person and that’s all I care about  ….. but im afraid ….this conversation is over ….driver …you can drop me right here.
And so the taxi stopped and jack  paid the driver and as he was leaving chigo grabbed his arm and said:
Chigo: take my card …in case you change your mind mister ‘’Lawe’’ (handing his card)
At that moment jack looked at him …then he reached his hand and took his card and said:
Jack: good luck mister chigo !!
Chigo: no …I think you’re the one that needs all the luck kid!
As just liked that…. the door closed and the taxi left …leaving our hero ‘’jack’’ standing there ..looking at chigo’s card …he later looked down then throw the cart in the trash and kept walking toward the unknown ……it was just the ‘’Arrival”…the story has just begun .
To be contined