Azutan | Teen Ink

Azutan

By thevioletalchemist SILVER, Fremont, California
thevioletalchemist SILVER, Fremont, California

"It’s finished, it’s done. You can’t take loved away." ~ Tamsyn Muir in Nona the Ninth

Summary:

Azutan has always been known for her military talent and unshakeable will. As a general, it is her wish to spread the might of her forces throughout the Seven Kingdoms, but as the crown princess, it is her responsibility to consider the future of her kingdom. One mistake sends her on a mission to right her wrongs and earn her father's approval. But she can't do it alone. Accompanied by a loyal lieutenant, a young thief, and a bitter soldier, Azutan must travel from kingdom to kingdom to make amends, but she soon finds that nothing is as it seems. Her younger brother Vince still scorns her claim to succession, and he sees Azutan’s mission as the perfect opportunity for sabotage. He casts her from the kingdom, steals her treasured subordinates, and holds their father under his thumb. Azutan bides her time in a foreign kingdom until Vince’s lies are revealed and the kingdom of Ares turns against him. Azutan reclaims her rightful throne and sends her brother on a journey on redemption just as her father once did for her, as she realizes that the king’s mandate had not been a punishment, but rather a gesture of trust.

Jessica L.

Azutan

This book has 1 comment.

HenryBillinghurst SILVER, Boulder, Colorado

"Know Thyself" - Thales of Miletus (attributed)

This is frankly an incredible feat. The story is entirely compelling and really well-written; it's not anything basic and also is not marred by the adolescent urge to use obnoxious terminology, although Azutan still indicates intelligence. And it's consistent even in its length! How long did it take you, @thevioletalchemist ? Keep it up!