The Beast | Teen Ink

The Beast

By ladykate100 SILVER, nunda, New York
ladykate100 SILVER, Nunda, New York

Summary:

It had been a cool May night; she was up here alone only staying the weekend. She had convinced her parents she would be fine. She had spent almost every weekend she could working or camping up here so why would it be any different alone? She decided to take her sleeping bag out of the tent and sleep by the fire out under the thousands of star because it was a beautiful night full of warm breezes. “Orion, Leo, the big dipper, little dipper” as she began drifting into a dreamless sleep. She awoke to an eerie howl that filled the night air. Rachelle thought at first It was just a lonely wolf searching for its pack and thought she would be fine because any wolf wouldn’t want to come near the fire she had going. But then she heard it again and this time it was accompanied by the sound of something crashing though the underbrush toward her. She barely had time to crawl out of her sleeping bag when the beast thundered through her camp and straight into her knocking the wind right out of her. She lay wheezing trying desperately, in vain to get her pocketknife out of her pocket. But before she could it pounced on top off her its razor sharp claws digging into her arms and thighs completely pinning her down. Pitch black eyes stared into her soul as its putrid breath filled her lungs making her gag. She twisted and turned trying to get away but the beast just dug its claws in deeper causing ragged gapping cuts open up and down her limbs that immediately started oozing blood. Rachelle thought that was going to be the end of her. Some random beast’s dinner, when she heard it again. The eerie howl. It filled the air, and as quickly as the beast came. It was gone.

ladykate100

The Beast