The Dream (Part One) | Teen Ink

The Dream (Part One)

By 540024_CUHSD, Campbell, California
540024_CUHSD, Campbell, California

There was a young man named Yordan, a 22 yr old man whose dream was  to be the richest man in all of New York City. He was a good friend of Gatsby for several decades, he was a childhood friend of him and wanted to be better than him. When Yordan found out that Gatsby was throwing a huge party at his mansion, so he decided to go to his party and meet him there. When Yordan came to Gatsby’s party he was absolutely shock when he saw his house.  

“My, My this house is absolutely enormous,” Yordan told himself.

“What have you done to become rich Gatsby?” Yordan questioned.

He enters Gatsby’s house to go search for Gatsby and as he was trying to get Gatsby he ran into someone, and bumped into that person and fell.

“Well, well. I never thought that I’d see you here, Yordan,” Anonymous said.

She reach to help Yordan up and as Yordan began to look up, he recognize his ex girlfriend Bombushca in Gatsby’s party.

“Oh… my, I never thought that you would be here, Bombushca. I’m surprised,” Yordan was surprised.

“Well, not that it ever matters to you anyw-,” Bumbushca was cut off. “I apologize Bombushca but, I should be on my way now.” Yordan left her at the Main entrance

Yordan enters the house and sees that the party was packed all around. But he had no time to waste. He went on a search for Gatsby to find out how he became the richest in New York. At last he sees Gatsby across the dance floor, on the other side. He rushes to get to Gatsby and as he is trying to get to him a group of dancers began to cut him off, the line of dancers began to die down, so Yordan bolted to get to Gatsby and he was trying to get to him he was gone.

“God, where in blazes are you?” Yordan questioned himself.

Yordan couldn’t find Gatsby anywhere so he decided and left the party and gave up on finding him.

The next day, he got a phone call from someone in the morning so he checked and tried to figure out who was on the cell phone. It turns out it was Gatsby who called him early in the morning, so he began to question him.

“Well good morning, old sport. How have you been?” Gatsby asked.

“Well it is very rare of you to call me this early in the morning.” Yordan was surprised.

“Indeed and first I want to apologize for not responding to your call… but I needed to talk to you as well, the world is in trouble.” Gatsby went into silence.

“Wait… what do you mean that the world is in trouble?” Yordan began to questioned him.

“Come to my house, I’ll tell my butler to let you in once you get here.” Gatsby hangs up the telephone.

Yordan immediately leaves his house and rushes to get to Gatsby’s place as fast as he can, he got the taxi to pull over and told him to get him to Gatsby’s house. Later on, he gets to Gatsby’s house, he gets out of the taxi and gets to the door Gatsby’s butler opens the door and greets him.

“Why hello sir Yordan, I believe that you are here to talk to Mr. Gatsby about something?” Butler question him.

Yordan replied in an worried tone “yes, I’m here to talk to him, where is he?” Yordan demands the Butler “Ah yes, he’s in the backyard next to his pool.” Yordan ran to the backyard and there he sees: Gatsby.

“Gatsby?” He questioned.

“Ah… You’re here old sport good.” Gatsby was happy.

“Yeah… so explain, why is the world in trouble?” Yordan questioned him in an concern tone.

“Oh that… I lied so I can just get you to stop by.” said Gatsby.

“WHAT!” Yordan yelled out of furious anger, “You lied to me, Just that so you can get me to come over.”

“Indeed, old sport.” Gatsby chuckled.

Yordan sigh out of relief

“So, why did you call me over?” Yordan Asked.

“Well that is simple, I just wanted to catch up, you know see how you’ve been.” Gatsby wanting to start a conversation.

“Well ok, what is it then?” Yordan asked.

“Let me ask you something old sport.” Gatsby ready to ask a question.

“Umm… sure go right ahead.” Yordan replied.

“What is your dream?”