Boom and Minnie like Day and Night | Teen Ink

Boom and Minnie like Day and Night

September 18, 2023
By SemajWest42, St. Louis, Missouri
More by this author
SemajWest42, St. Louis, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I am 16 years of age, I go to Pattonville high school, I am very girl, love makeup, and getting my hair done. 

Boom & Minnie, Like Night & Day

“Boom, how about you go outside while I catch up on some work. It is very beautiful outside," said Felice. 

“Meow” Boom responded, meaning he thinks that idea is great! 

“Remember Boom, don’t go meeting any more rats, oh how I hate those things.” she laughed.

“The last time you brought a rat on the porch and it tried to run into the house! I’ll let you out but no more bringing them on the porch, you understand?”

While Felice is talking Boom gets reminded about the time he brought his old rat friend Tommy onto the porch. They had a tight bond, Tommy was a bit older than Boom so he gave him lots of life lectures. But the day that Boom decided to give Tommy one of his treats, Felice came out and shooed Tommy away. Tommy had a heart of gold but couldn’t stand the hate that he got from nasty humans. He ran off, and Boom never saw his good friend Tommy again.

By the time Boom was done thinking about the flashback of the time he met a rat for the first time, he missed most of what Felice was saying. Felice was now holding the door open as she looked around making sure there's no critters.

“Okay Boom, no more rats, go have fun and enjoy the weather.”

 Boom gets let out into the backyard with a huge garden. The garden smelt of fresh lilies and roses. In the open were very tall flowers and lots of bushes. Sitting by a rose Boom saw a little fur ball pushed against the stem. His heart started to speed up as he approached the fur ball.

“Psst.. I see you, hey, what's your name? My name is Boom.” 

Boom loved everyone and everything. He definitely was the complete opposite of how he looked on the outside. The outside of Boom was as dark as a black hole, his eyes stood out. When people usually see Boom they feel fear.. or think of evil. But no, Boom was the complete opposite, he was the happiest soul you could meet. 

“Oh.. umm, sorry, my name is Minnie. I was just trying to find my way out of this garden but then I heard something and hid. Please don't hurt me” said Minnie. She brushed herself off as she came out from the bush.

“Me? Hurt you? Never. I just wanted to meet you, I’d rarely see other critters roaming around here but myself, It’ll be nice to have someone else around to talk and play with.”

Boom took a closer look at Minnie, she was very tiny. Almost as small as a huge marshmallow. On the outside she looked the complete opposite of Boom. She was a very clean white with a gray patch shaped as a heart around her right tiny eye. As he looked at her she widened her eyes fearful of him the same way others were, she took a tiny step back. 

“Oh..I see, you’re scared. It’s okay I promise. Are you hungry? I’ll show you around my room. Follow me” he said excitedly. 

They both rushed over to the cat door on the entrance to the house. Boom popped his head in to see if Felice was inside the kitchen. The kitchen was the first thing you saw when going through the garden door.

“All clear!” Boom whispered

“When we get inside you have to run with me, my owner hates mice. If she sees you, she’ll put you right back out, okay?” said Boom.

“Hate?! Hate is a strong word. If you don’t mind me asking, why does she hate us?.”

“Umm yeah, that’s a long story.” Boom added

As they were about to step in Felice walked past the kitchen into the living room with her brand new beats in. She was listening to Taylor Swift's new album. You could hear the music very well through the beats. 

“Cause baby we got bad blood, you know it used to be mad love-”

With the loud music blasting in her ear it was easy for her not to hear the chaos. 

Boom looked back out to make sure Minnie was paying close attention.

“Wait! We’ll go in 3…2……1-”

They turned right, sped up the stairs and trampled into Boom's room right after the count one. 

“Whew!’ Minnie exclaimed.

Boom hid Minnie into his cat closet that he’ve learned to get open. In this closet is where Felice will put his necessities as far as food, bottled water, toys, and sometimes even cat sweaters for the winter time. Minnie eventually ate some of Boom’s treats and scraps of food that he’d snuck out of the kitchen trash. In his room, you walk in and see a bed in the right corner, the closet on the left, and his food on the left side towards the wall. The room was about the size of a small bathroom, perfect for a cat.

“Ouu! I really want to play with this.. Teach me Boom, please?”

“Of course this used to be my favorite toy and still is.” 

They took out the striped blue, yellow, pink, and green ball. The ball had holes in it with a tiny metal bell inside. Everytime the ball moved it made noise. Minnie loved this ball so much because the holes reminded her of her favorite snack, cheese. They rolled the ball back and forth trying not to make too much noise. Boom played with Minnie gently, he surely didn’t want to hurt her, especially after she was just starting to get comfortable and open up. So far she liked him and to Boom that was something very special. In the little time they were around each other, she actually got to learn Boom for Boom. 

“Watch it,” laughed Boom.

Minnie laughed and then got silent.

“I never actually played with anyone before, I love it here. It's just.. What about your owner? When can you tell her Boom? Will you get her to let me stay here, I don’t have anyone close anymore.”

“Well Minnie, it’ll be soon of course. But do you wanna play a game of 21 questions? I feel like this will give us a better insight on eachother.”

“Of course! This is going to be great! I really love talking, I can talk all day once I open up. Let's go, you go first Boom.”

After about 30 minutes of getting to know his new friend Minnie, he noticed that a lot of things she liked he wasn’t really a fan of. But Boom likes trying out new things for other people. 

Some things that they didn’t have in common was their favorite color for example, Minnie likes pink and Boom likes blue. Minnie doesn’t agree so much on the taste of chocolate but Boom, oh he loves it! Soon after they begin to think of a plan to go and introduce Minnie to Felice. Felice was now wiping down the counters, screaming, yelling, very loudly singing. She was now listening to Bruno Mars. 

“That's what I like, that's what I like, lucky for you-”

Felice will soon be done doing her cleaning, as hours go by she will notice she hasn't spent too much time with her cat. She walks upstairs to go get Boom. She will then take Boom with her on a car ride just to get him out of the house.  

“Hide! I hear her, she's coming!” Boom said hurriedly

“Ohhh, where” wined Minnie

“Actually.. I might have an idea” 

Felice walks into the room and puts him in his cat bag

. “When she comes in, I need you to hide inside of this bag. I have no clue where she is taking me but I know I'm getting in there. Just move in the lower corner so she won’t see you.”

“Okay, if you say so. I’m all for it” Minnie giggled

“Oh hi Boom, I haven’t seen you all day, i’m sorry” Felice gave Boom plenty of smoochies as well as cuddles before actually putting him into the bag. As she lifted the bag to put him in, Minnie tumbled to the other side.

“Ugh.” she grunted as she hit the other side of the bag

Boom heard it and hopped right into the bag hoping Felice didn’t. She picked up the bag and headed on her way. She put Boom's bag next to her in the passenger seat. Minnie was in the back of the bag ducked off so Felice doesn’t see her. Felice mumbled to herself.

“Finally done cleaning, don’t have to worry about any pests, especially rats.. Ew.”

As Minnie heard she curled into a ball now shaking. Of course Felice will never hurt Minnie or do anything to her. But boom felt the shaking of Minnie on his back, he purred to make her feel safe. While music was on, Minnie danced in Boom’s bag, sang and had a good time in that little space. But when Boom moved and pressed down on Minnie's tail she squeaked.

Felice turned down the music really fast. 

“What was that noise.. It sounded like a-”

Before she finished her sentence she took Boom out and dumped the bag onto the seat.

“A rat! A rat!”

Minnie was now sitting in the passenger seat feeling like an open spotlight. Her heart fluttered and she took off of the seat to go under the seat instead. 

“I have to go home now! I can’t believe this, I have to call someone out here to get it. I don’t know how it got into the bag. I’m surprised you didn’t torture it Boom.”

She rushed back to the house and ran inside with her cat. She left the cat bag and everything else inside of the car. When she put him down he started to claw at the door, signaling he wanted to go back out. Felice ignored him for a while until it started to get annoying. He got louder and more persistent. 

“What is it Boom?! I'm trying to find the number of people to get this thing out of my car.”

“Meow! Meow! Meow!”

He looked at her while clawing at the door. So she goes to see what the issue was. Felice opens the door for him and lets him out to see where he goes. Of course he wanted to go to the car, his best friend was still inside. 

“Oh no.”  Felice said while shaking her head and putting her hand up onto her face. 

She walked slowly to the car and reached out to grab the door and run. When she ran Minnie jumped out of the car onto his back. Boom laid still to show her that is what he wanted, Miinnie. She stared in disbelief having multiple questions but her biggest one yet, how and why do Boom like this mouse? Staring at the mouse she started to get dizzy and fainted.

“Oh Boom, we have to help, let just try to wake her by licking her face” 

When Felice gained consciousness she saw Boom and Minnie looking down at her. She smacked herself to see if it was a dream.

“Huh??” she questioned. 

She looked at them confused.

“It looks like you guys have already met each other, okay umm.. Alright”

She sat up and shook her head really fast. She tested Boom and Minnie. She put them in one spot and made them stay.

“If you guys are friends step forward”

They stepped forward. 

“Okay what about if you guys forgive me for how I acted” she said while giggling

Again, they stepped forward. She went to Boom and Minnie and picked them up, taking them into the house and asking more questions with the back and forth stepping. Eventually she loved their relationship. She was also satisfied with the way she learned to communicate with them. Minnie eventually got some new stuff. Felice decorated Boom’s room and made it into both of theirs. Boom and Minnie looked at each other from across the room after all that happened, and smiled.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.