Thief of Love | Teen Ink

Thief of Love

By Diamond13 BRONZE, Pensacola, Florida
Diamond13 BRONZE, Pensacola, Florida

Family and friends that are mortal and demi-gods, which are married couples, getting hurt because of me and some prophecy that I barely know about. It hurts me more than anything to see anyone hurt on my quest which is only for me but they all decided together to help me no matter the outcome and besides, they wouldn’t listen to me anyway. They would protect me with their lives. We are like a family that will never break apart. We have a deeper connection or link between all of us. Without any of my friends, I would feel loneliness and darkness in my heart. They are my life that I am willing to protect, even in the time of death.
A demigod born in Orlando, Fl on February 27th, 1993….born from a mother which is a Goddess which is she who born from the unknown and a father who is a mortal man, I think. A girl born with two mortal brothers which did not inherit our birth mother’s abilities, but maybe inherited something special from my father. For some reason I feel some sort of power coming from my father and brothers….like a God’s abilities and power….I wonder what my father is. Now we have moved to some place new…Washington D.C. Hundreds of miles from my birth home that I have known my whole life is now gone but still with me in memory. It has been six years since I have been to Orlando and now I am twenty-one years old staying and taking care of my family mostly my stepmom and my father. My brothers are twins and are now eighteen and nineteen with a stepsister which is only fifteen years old. She is the youngest of them all, which is not a shocker. Now grown up, not married, owns a business called Heaven’s Glory Spa, I am the owner, the founder and a massage therapist. Oh….did I forget to mention I was looking for someone….someone special? I hope I did.
My life has been filled with craziness, wars, everything you can think of, it is not right. I keep thinking why me….why do I have to be the demi-god and not my brother’s but, over the years, and I gotten older, and mature, I have gotten over it and used to it. My birth mother leaving me to go to back to Olympus before she became a full fledge mortal like my father and brothers. She loved our family but she could not stay. She left when I was twelve years old. I wanted to stay with her but I couldn’t because I was not allowed and that was the last I have ever heard from or seen my mother. I cried my whole life until I my father met someone new…other than my mother. I don’t trust that woman or that daughter of hers; they give me really bad vibes. Now I have to keep an eye on them, for my father’s, brothers, and for my sake and protection.

Boom… a bomb just went off in Washington D.C in front of my dad’s house at 3 o’clock in the morning. “What is going on out here?” My dad said angrily. That’s my dad. His name is Aaegiean Brown aka “Spookie”.I went downstairs in my blue satin robe and said tiredly, “Dad calm down or you are going to wake up your wife, It is too early in the morning for this”, that’s me Ciera Danielle Brown, but some people call me, “Foxy”. To tell you the truth I am not normal to most people… for I am a demi-god; the daughter of Aphrodite the goddess of love and beauty. I have twin brothers named Aaegiean Brown Jr. and John Brown; I am the oldest of them all.  My father has remarried a beautiful, seductive mortal woman named Clarice Brown aka “CC”, and she has a daughter named Tierra Brown aka “Byrd”, so now I have a stepmom and a stepsister. But for a while now I have been getting really bad vibe from them as if they are not who they seem.
My family is wild and crazy. I remember the time when all of us even Aphrodite and my best friend Lacandice Lee aka “LeeLee” the daughter of Artemis goddess of the hunt went paint ball shooting at the skating park. It was so much fun I wanted Aphrodite and Lacandice to come back. But for a while there has been a war with the Gods and Goddesses for the throne and I haven’t heard from my mother since but I still do visit and talk till this day to Lacandice but, now I can barely talk to her only at the Camp. After a month or two I got a letter from my mother by hawk telling me there was a problem but she never told me what it was and that was all I heard from my mom. I knew it was trouble if she never told me what the problem was, it probably had to deal with power of the throne or her powers, I will soon see what the problem is, sooner than I think. My father said, “Those darn kids are so…umm what the word is?” “Father the word you are looking for is obnoxious,” I said. “Yes that’s the word, you are really smart Ciera.” I shook my head yes in agreement and said, “Ok father time for you to go back to sleep,” then I put my father back in the bed. My dad goes to sleep real fast. I wonder where gets that from.

After I put my dad back in bed I got dressed, had breakfast which was blueberry pancakes with some oranges and milk. After I ate I drove to Camp Half-Blood to train and talk with my four of my best friends. On my way, there came my mother out of nowhere. She looked drained and weak. I got out the car, picked her up, and took her to the infirmary at the camp. When we got to the camps infirmary, my mother said weakly, “Ciera I need your help, Poseidon God of the Seas has stolen the Heart of Love from me which is the source of my powers and beauty. You must get it back or I and love will not exist in this world.” I was shocked and I knew it had to deal with her powers. I had to tell the girls.
When my mother went to sleep I left the infirmary to train with Amilia, Krommena, Lacandice, and Ashley. Amilia is the daughter of Demeter goddess of harvest, Krommena is the daughter of Hera queen of the gods and goddesses, Lacandice as you know is the daughter of Artemis Goddess of the hunt and also Ashley is the daughter of Athena goddess of wisdom, after we trained I told them what was happening with Aphrodite. I told them, “My mother Aphrodite is very ill because Poseidon has taken the Heart of Love, which is the source of her power and beauty and I need yall’s help, to go to Poseidon’s home because I also believe Poseidon and his sons is under someone’s control and I think it is Cronus, the god of time…I think he wants me destroyed for some reason that I am not sure of….like for a prophecy everyone knows about except me. Lacandice said, “Ciera, so we are going to have to go against Poseidon and his sons’ right?” When she asked me I said, “Yes, Lacandice we will have to fight Him and his sons’, but you don’t have to come if you don’t want to”. She shook her head no and I respected her decision then me, Krommena and Amilia left to go to the Zalia.

After Lacandice did not come with us to do the quest, me, Krommena, Amilia, and Ashley left to do our quest, but before we did that we went to go see an old friend and my mentor…. Zalia she is a phoenix and she is an oracle.
We went to her hut which is made out of pure silk to ask about the prophecy. I told the ladies, “Stay here please”, they shook their heads yes in fear of her which is not a shocker and so as I went in the hut by myself, I said, “Zalia are you in her I have to ask you something.” She popped out of nowhere and said, “Hi Ciera, what is it you seek? I said,” Zalia is there a prophecy about me that I need to know about?” She tossed her bones and said, “Ciera, there is a prophecy about you…It says, “For there is a daughter born of thy unknown who is to defeat the titan Cronus with thy  Heart of Destiny with someone by her side, for thy are a couple and thy will become heroes.” I think to me, “What does that mean” and then I say, “Zalia what does the prophecy mean?” She took a breather and said, “Ciera you must you must figure the prophecy out for yourself. “I looked shocked and finally I said, “But I don’t understand this…it is really confusing I cannot think straight” Zalia said in sorrow, “Ciera I am so sorry but I can give you this…one of your friends will betray you and someone maybe a god will save you and be the one you truly love” I was still confused but said, “Thank you Zalia for your help” and then left. I went outside and said to the girls, “Yall already knew about the prophecy…didn’t yall?” They shook their head yes. I said, “Since yall knew about it… yall should know what it means.” They were scared, shocked, and filled in sorrow. They shook their head no and said, “Ciera, we are sorry but we were not supposed to tell you about the prophecy.   I was shocked and filled with anger at the same time but I just said, “Let’s go”, and we left to do our quest, which is going to be tough.

When we got to my car we drove to the Seas of Peace and Wellness to go see Poseidon and his sons and daughter to get the Heart of Love back. Marcus Thomas and Tre’Shun Watson is the oldest brother and the little sister is Amya Williams.  During the ride to Poseidon’s home we had a situation. Amilia said, “Stop the car, the plants is speaking to me”. I stopped the car and I could feel a mad, crazy heart, it felt like a menatar’s heart and I knew it was. I told Krommena and Ashley to be prepared and we got out the car to get our weapons to fight, but we were to slow and we got hit by the menatar’s hammer, when we got hit by the hammer we flown through the air and landed hard on the ground it was painful but I have the ability to fly but I wasn’t able to unlock my wings so I landed the hardest on the ground. The girls and I got up to fight while we still had strength in our body. I ran and got my sword and Krommena’s spear…with my sword I was able to get healed and so was all the others it is called the Sword of Light and Krommena’s spear is called Spear of Faith. Amilia and Ashley transformed into a gorilla and when they transformed they distracted the menatar so Krommena and I could create a cage to hold the menatar. “The menatar is very strong, so we have to make the cage out of a material so strong none thing could break through it,” I said. Krommena nodded and we started to create the cage which is made out of diamonds and iron. “When the menatar is at its weakest point we strike and put the cage around it,” Krommena said. I shook my head in agreement and went to go help Amilia.  When we finished the cage we went to help Amilia. The menatar was still strong but now when Amilia, Krommena, and I combined we have weakened the menatar.
When the menatar was at its weakest state Krommena and I put the cage around the menatar…after we put the cage around it Ashley and Amilia transformed back into humans, then we asked the creature why it was trying to kill us.
The menatar said, “It is for my master Amilia.” I said in shock, “You lie….you beast”….but only to tell the truth, he wasn’t lying. After the truth came out, Amilia knocked Krommena, Ashley and me out with sleeping pollen from the plants. With the last bit of strength I had before I fell to sleep, I said weakly, “W…Why Amilia?” and fell to a deep slumber.

This chapter is not completly done.

It has been about six hours since the fight with Amilia and the fight with the menatar. Now Krommena, Ashley and me being carried by this ugly and smelly creature….Gosh he has some poor hygiene….that is what kept me asleep. I started to open my eyes but everything was blurry…so when everything was coming into focus I knew where we were. We were at an old abandoned warehouse in Tokyo…way on the other side of the world. I wanted to scream but I still pretended I was asleep so they won’t discover I was awake. The menatar threw Krommena, Ashley, and me in a cage. When the creature threw us in the cage, I started pretended I was waking up real groggy and when my vision was all clear, I grabbed the cage bars and yelled in anger, “AMILIA….WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS…..WE WERE BEST FRIENDS.” Amilia laughed evilly and said, “Friends…Friends…we were never really friends.”