Psycho | Teen Ink

Psycho

By Pino4500, Marietta, Georgia
Pino4500, Marietta, Georgia

Author's note: Um, this piece was encouraged by my friends. They read through it with me and was there every step of the way. It probably wouldnt be done now if they werent so supportive....and pushy ;D

Chapter 1

My alarm clock went off and I threw it without moving my arms. I sat up and looked around my room.
I was on the floor, along with my alarm clock.
My walls were bare and my room looked the way it did when I first moved in. Except of course, me lying on sheets and my alarm clock, which was smashed against my wall, making sure I got up when I was supposed to. To transfer to my psycho ward.
Yes, psycho ward. Remember the whole '' throw my alarm without moving my arms thing'' ?
I have telakinesis. Thats the main reason im going to a psycho ward.
Oh, and everyone thinks I murdered my best friend.
But other than that.....
My parents are the rich, pretentious type who expect you to be as impeccable as you can get if they give you confidential lessons and etc. when your younger hoping you to become a lawyer or something precarious like a doctor.
When I was a kid, I didnt think much of their hard pushing and jumping down my esophagus everytime something I did went imperfect in a soft spot, because I thought they cared about me.
But around the age of 12-13 I figured out the truth.
They had wanted a boy. Now, you people who think your tough and are sitting there reading this going, '' Pshaw!! '' it was worse.
They already had a boy and didnt tell me. And then tried to MAKE me a boy.
Do you know how embarrasing that is? Of course you dont. Because you`ve never been in a doctors waiting room, waiting to get a guy part catastrophically adhesived to your girl part.
Not fun people. So then I rebelled. They were vile parents and thats when they sent me to a bootcamp just not the real thing. I was 14.
Thats where I met Kalee. She was tough.
She brought herself to camp. She just wanted to get away from her governing mother.
Kalee always said her mother was a witch, so I thought we might instantly click.
So, I buttered her up with my guy part story and she looked at my critically and said,
'' Theres an easier way to do that.''
I let that one go and we became best friends.
We were cabin buddies and buddies for everything. She just made me go from bad to badass .
We pulled high level pranks and did seances, and all kinds of irregular things you would see in movies.
She came home with me and I made my parents accept her, ( I actually just threatened to pay a burgaler to take away half of my moms Carlos Santini collection and my dad gave into my moms pleading ) and we were ecstatic.
We went to parties and got arrested more than once, and tattoos. All kinds of fun.
But, one night, we werent planning on going to this one party, so we did a ritual.
We decided to make us blood sisters.
Now, I just thought it was a prick of the finger and mashing them together.
But Kalee took it way more seriously than I would`ve.
She had a big kitchen knife and she slashed her wrist lightly. I was glad we had thick towels under us.
Then she slashed mine, and she let her blood drop into my wrist and it hurt. It just stung.
She gave me a towel that was wet with something. I put it on my wrist and it kinda just started to burn.
There was smoke coming from my wrist.
I removed the towel and saw that the slash was healing.
That was when I knew Kalee wasnt normal. I looked over at her and her hair was out in all directons and her eyes were glowing white.
Then, everything went black. I cant remember what happened. I just remember we were in my room, then at the football field where the party was, and then I woke up and Kalee lay a few feet away from me, dead. Kicked the Can. Croaked.
I glanced down at my wrist, where the slash was still healing completely.
All this had happened a few months ago.
Thats how I gained my telakinetic powers. I knew more would come along, but I didnt want to know.
I stood up and stretched. My right ankle was heavy. I looked down and glared at the monitoring ankle band.
I was charged for Kalees murder. Too long to explain.
I knocked very loudly on my door. ( oh yeah, im still a girl just so you know )
My mom and dad were afraid I`d get up in the middle of the night and murder them in their sleep so they locked me in my room every night from the outside in. Plus, at night, the monitoring band wouldnt allow me to leave my own house without being electricuted.
There was no answer. I knocked louder.
'' Yo!! I have to pee!!'' I yelled which wasnt exactly accurate.
I wasnt allowed to use my telakinetic powers either or then I would really be in trouble and your thinking, what happened to being badass?
Im ok with going to a psycho ward but if your gonna put me somewhere where I definitley dont wanna be, then I really will murder someone. Like Jail.
I could hear my dads slippers rubbing against the carpet and the jingling of keys as he unlocked me from my room.
I smiled at his sleeping figure, holding a metal bat.
'' Morning father.'' I said brightly, ruffling his beautiful shaggy brown hair.
'' Psycho.'' he muttered and shuffled back to his room.
'' You still have to drive me to the port of air!!'' I screamed and he slammed the door with a deafening crash.

An hour later, I was dressed in a white v-neck tee that stopped just below my breasts and black skinny jeans, my black studded heels hoping it didnt hurt my monitoring ankle band, and let my jet black hair hang in its natural wavy state.
I dyed my bangs and some front of my hair bright green just to stand out.
I put in my stud and switched out my belly button ring since my tricked out tummy was exposed.
I swear, I looked almost exactly like Megan Fox in Transformers.
I had two tattoos. One on my wrist that said death in big black french letters and one on my shoulder the size of my hand that says love in japanese.
I put on my black bat earrings, my name necklace and my silly bands.
I grabbed my duffle bag, hopped down the steps extra nosily, and sat down on the velvety couch.
'' Yo!!!!'' I screamed.
They rushed downstairs.
My mom looked plenty old with her graying hair and stress lines caused by Moi which I was extremely proud of.
As always, my mom was dressed like she was going to church.
In a tan suit with a skirt a jacket and purse. Her hair was in the boring bun.
Dad was in a gray suit and in fancy schmancy italian shoes.
I stood up and moms jaw dropped as she saw me.
I looked behind me making sure my jeans hugged my butt the way they`re supposed to.
'' What?'' I asked innocently.
'' Jacket and where is your shirt?'' she demands. I show her my leather jacket that was the size of my shirt.
'' Im wearing it . Im supposed to be exposed.'' I told her like uhhh duhhh!
She oggled but didnt push me.
I opened the door for my parents and shut the door that shut out my miserable ( well most of it ) childhood.
The car ride was silent as we got to the place where the removed the monitoring band.
Then I was dropped off at the airport, where I went through '' special security.''
Then, I grabbed myself some Starbucks and waited for my plane to board.
I started thinking about why my parents were sending me to a California psycho ward where there are true psychos.
I wasnt psycho. I was just......abnormal and was accused unfairly of murdering my best friend.
Im 17. Kalee was 17 when she died.
I was remembering Kalee one night thinking about her being serious with the supernatural stuff.
She was a witch. It made sense. Her mother was one so it was in her blood.
Now in my blood.
Reflexively, I smoothed my wrist.
Then we boarding the plane.
This one chick in front of me got on my nerves.
We were supposed to sit next to each other, but she switched for a window seat.
She kept flickering the light on and off and singing quietly and wouldnt quit adjusting her seat.
So, as soon as the sign that seatbelts on went off, I got up and sat next to her. She looked surprised.
She had curly blonde hair, ice blue eyes and was wearing a punk gothic look.
She smiled.
'' Look here blondie,'' I started using my annoying tone.
'' You should just sit here, keep you mouth shut, the light on or off, and quit adjusting your seat got it?'' I demanded. She took out her earphones and looked at me innocently.
'' Excuse me?'' she asked. Her voice had a southern accent to it. I groaned.
'' Look, just stay put ok? That would really help me out. And keep your mouth shut, `cause frankly, American Idol could get cancelled because of your signing. Thats not a good thing.'' I told her and her mouth dropped.
'' Excuse me?'' she repeated but it was more of a imma get you excuse me than a polite excuse me.
'' Ya, keep your mouth shut because you cant sing. And your annoying me. Extremely. And quit adjusting your seat before I go back to jail for adjusting your face got it?'' I asked. Now she looked pretty terrified. She was about 3 years younger than me but I dont make exceptions. Ever.
She squeaked which Im pretty sure was a yes. I smiled.
'' Thanks.'' I hopped back in my seat, blasting my heavy rock, thankful to have a peaceful rest of the flight.

I got off the plane and walked to the baggage claim area throwing on my leather jacket on the way.
I pulled on my shades and sat in the baggage claim train waiting for my baggage.
I spotted my 4 black bags ( what? I pack alot of neccessities when I travel!! ) and pulled them off one by one.
I saw my name on a irrelevant whiteboard. The whiteboard was covering the face of the person but by the complexion, I`d say it was a dude.
So, I dragged all my luggage over, hoping he was a muscular dude to carry some of my luggage.
I tapped on the shoulder.
He lowered the whiteboard.
He had cropped mohawk blonde hair and blue eyes, a studded ear, and a few freckles and a pretty cute smile. But, from the wrinkles on this dudes face, and the wig edges all out in the open, I was guessing he was WAY too old for me.
I smiled politely.
'' You must be Scarlett.'' he bent down to pick up one of my bags, then shifted the whiteboard and picked up another.

'' Johanssen. Kidding.'' I added the kidding thinking maybe he thought I was the real Johanssen.
'' Of course. I know the real Scarlett Johanssen.'' he smiled again as he turned and walked toward the ground transporation.
'' Yeah....so are you the driver of my car?'' I asked. I know it was impolite to ask him if he was driving me, but im going to a psycho ward. You dont expect to me to drive myself, though I would love the feeling of being behind the wheel again.
'' Of course. Im one of the drivers at the school. You know its also a school, not just a psycho ward.'' he reminded me taking a glance at me from over his shoulder.
I raised my eyebrows.
'' I may like you if you use my language. Whats your name? '' I asked brushing some hair from my face as I tried to catch up with him.
For someone as old as he, ( which his age is still undetermined....sorta ) he was fast, but a) im in heels, and b) he chose the lighter of my luggage. I was stuck with the heavy stuff.
'' You can call me Jerry. And thank you. I`ve met half of the repeated students so I know the words they use for the school. Us teachers call it the school.'' he informs me.
We took a left in the parking lot and came to a big black suv.
We tossed my luggage in the back then I hopped in the front seat.
'' What do you mean '' repeated students ?'' Like they got sent back, or just kinda never left?'' I asked confuzzled. ( I like that word-confuzzled!! )
'' Its one or the other my darling. One or the other. Some left for a short period of time but really never left, and then the rest came back, like the school didnt help them confront their problems.'' he explained paying the guard and pulling into a non-crowded highway.
I snorted.
'' Confront their problems my butt. These people are psychos!! They have something more serious than problems.'' I told him smiling. He shot me a look that said, '' Uhh, your on your way to the psycho ward...''
'' I know what your thinking. But im not psycho, im.....disturbed. I was accused of murdering my best friend and my parents couldnt deal with my problems, plus the unshed blood on my hands.'' I murmured avoiding his eye.
'' Im thinking thats all your willing to tell me.'' he said it like a statement not a question. I nodded.
The rest of the ride was particulary silent.
I noticed instantly when we arrived at the ward.
The outside was gray and the gates looked over a million years old. They were open and we just drove through.
The long driveway drove past a cememtery and a rec center. When we got to the actual school itself, the building looked like a mesh of a cathedral and a college campus building.
Guys in suits like the workers on The Tower of Terror, took my luggage and was gone with it before I could blink twice.
I walked up the steps toward the big french double doors.
Jerry held the door open and I totally knew that the only colorful thing in the whole entire house/thing would be my dyed hair.
We walked to a big conference room, transformed into an office.
There was a big velvet rolley chair, with its back toward us.
'' Scarlett, Headmistress.'' Jerry bowed and left the room.
'' Sit down Scarlett.'' a honeysuckle voice from the chair said.
I sat in the dusty plain chair.
'' You are here to be disiciplined and we will except nothing less than perfect behavior. I understand you have just been released of your band correct?'' she asked.
'' Thank god.'' I muttered.
'' Ok, that means, you have certain liberty at your will. There is no dress code here as long as everythings appropriate. No cell phones, leave it here when you leave, and certainly no sharp objects or weapons, and everything else will come to you in time. Heres your room key,'' a silver object landing in my hands. It was a key, to a room. Room number 49.
'' Your in a transgender hallway, no one allowed in your dorm room after 11:30, and orientation begins in 15 minutes. Be ready. It was nice to meet you Scarlett.'' I was taking that as a dismissal, so I got up, waved, and left the room. But then I doubled back and tossed my cell on the chair.
Then, I took the dusty old elevator the the 4th floor where I was hoping my room was.
I stepped out of the elevator and looked to my left.
Rooms 40-45, to my right was rooms 46-49. I took the appropriate right and got all the way to the end of the hall.
I used my key to open my door and sighed, wishing I packed dorm decorations.
Like everything else here, it was all gray.
Im glad I packed my colorful fold up lamp, and black comforters and sheets.
There was a desk, a sink, a queen sized bed and a large window. Of course the window had steel bars but it was better than no window nonetheless.
I found all my luggage in my room.
'' Hm.'' I ammended and unpacked half of my things.
10 minutes later, I heard doors closing in the hallway. So, I grabbed my key, locked my door behind me and followed everyone else.
We went back down to the main level and walked to the rec center.
It was basically a big gym with a pool, and track outside.
I took a seat in the middle, which is the most inconspicous.
I didnt want to be noticed.
There was coughing from the intercoms in here and everyone fell silent.
I heard the Headmistresses voice.
'' Welcome to Juvenile Asylum,'' she started. How unoriginal.
'' We`d like to welcome our newcomers and our repeated students and hope we have yet another wonderful year. Now, to turn over the rest of the orientation to Gym Coach Beater.'' and then there was this loud whistle.
'' NEWCOMERS TO THE FRONT!!'' he yelled and a bunch of people stood up and moved to the front.
Just because, I waited until most of them had sit down, to stand up and move.
'' QUIT LAGGING!'' he yelled again and Im standing like 5 feet away from him.
He looked like a gym coach. A muffin top, shorts, knee high black socks, nikes, a clipboard, a whistle, a collared shirt and half bald.
'' Quit yellin`!! Im right here.'' I said and sat down. It got really quiet.
'' What did you say?'' he asked coming closer.
'' I said, quit yelling!!'' I recited each syllable clearly and kind of shouted it.
'' Im standing not 5 feet away from you! Unless you want to break my eardrum.'' I muttered the last part.
I heard some laughing from the back and some newcomers trying to hold back their laughs but just making farting noises.
'' Wanna say that in front of everyone?'' he whispered in my ear.
I shrugged.
'' If you really want me too.'' I whispered back and then took a spot right in the middle of the gym.
I probably shouldnt have but I did.
'' I SAID QUIT YELLIN` IM STANDING RIGHT HERE!!!'' I shouted and everyone was silent again.
'' Im letting you off the hook because your a newcomer, but next time, your not gonna be so lucky.'' he warned me. I snorted.
'' We wont have any problems if you dont try and break my eardrum. Nice talk.'' I patted his shoulder and sat back down.
He look surprised but shrugged it off.
'' Now, here at Juvenile Asylum, we dont keep secrets, so newcomers, you get to come forward and tell us why you were sent here. Smarty Pants first.'' he pointed to me.
I looked around.
'' Yes you.'' he crooked his finger.
'' No, because Im Miss Attitude. But, I can be both.'' that time I was being a smart aleck, but I was just stalling. I enjoy secrets. Alot. But my particular secrets, stay secrets.
'' Then get both of those people up here. Tell us why your in this Asylum.'' he gripped my arm pretty tightly and pulled me back to the center of the gym.
Everyone was waiting on me to reveal my secrets.
'' Fine.'' I grumbled.
'' I have....a problem with my brain. My best friend did it to me, but it wasnt on purpose. I think. Theres nothing wrong with me, its just, really......sensitive seeing as my parents are the pushy type.'' I was interrupted by a voice in the crowd.
'' How pushy?'' they called.
'' They tried to make me a boy when I was 12, then sent me to a camp when I refused to get the procedure, and then told me they had a son.'' I paused.
'' Then, a few months ago, my best friend died. At a big party on my schools football field. I cant remember exactly what happened. That was the night I got the problem with my brain, but anyway,'' I was getting a headache, trying to remember everything.
'' After we did, the thing that messed me up, I blacked out. I faintly remember being driven to the football field, and seeing people and Kalee was fine. Then, I blacked out again.
I woke up on the football field, surronded by yellow police tape, and detectives, and cops, and everything you would see on NCIS or CSI. There was blood on my hands that I knew was there, but most of it wasnt mine. It was on my shirt and smeared on my jeans. We cut our wrists thats why I expected there to be blood on my hands. But, most of the blood was Kalees.'' I felt my face drain and swallowed hard to get myself to go on.
'' And she was lying 10 feet away from me, dead. Just, covered with blood. No one there remembered ever seeing Kalee or me at the party, but most of them were drunk or high, and since I was the only one with Kalee last, and I had all the telltale signs of murder, I was charged with it. So, when my mom and dad found out, they went crazy. They enrolled me here and....and.....here I am. So, now everyone thinks Im a murderer, and.........I guess Kalees death is still....a bit of a mystery.'' I finished,breathing.
Everyone was staring at me weirdly.
I looked at at the Coach. He was staring at me wide-eyed.
'' What?'' I asked. He wiped his forehead.
'' Well, we`ve never had a murderer-'' I cut him off.
'' Im not a murderer.'' I snapped then took a deep breath.
'' Can I just sit down before I really murder someone?'' I asked. He narrowed his eyes.
'' Was that a threat?'' he asked me.
'' That depends. Will you let me sit down?'' I stepped closer feeling my temper rise.
We had a quick stare down.
'' Sit.'' he declared and I sat down. I huffed.
I wasnt really listening to the other newbies short, less complicated and painful stories.
I was thinking about how I found that I could remember more than I told the detectives about that night.
Weirdo, Freak, Murderer
The words flashed in my brain like the just materialized and the weird thing was they were all individual voices, sounding different, all perfectly aimed at me, and I could feel where they were coming from in the crowd.
I dont care if I am in a freaking Asylum. That girl is bad news and Im not looking into trouble again. Murdered her best friend, blacked out, cant remember what happened. Pshaw!! She totally murdered that Kalee Chick no doubt about it....she even looks crazy....
And thats just from one person. Like a big wave, or tsunami, a whole bunch of other peoples thoughts crammed into my head, making it impossible to think myself.
Great, another power. I managed to think.
My brain felt so flooded. I was hoping there was a way to focus on one individual thought, just to stop the flood, but everyone was thinking the same thing: I was murderer.
So, I decided I`d practice even though the thoughts were the same.
I closed my eyes and concentrated. All the thoughts was a particular voice, and since it seemed like I could only hear the peoples thoughts in the room, I focused on Coach Beater.
He was pretendng to be listening to the kids speaking, but he was running over how bad he had to keep me from other students, especially with my temper. I did a mental eyeroll.
He kept glancing at me and finally noticed my eyes were closed. He was wondering if I was dreaming of murder....of murdering him.
He shivered and turned his attention back to the kid talking. He was thinking happy thoughts. Trying anything to get his mind off of me.
Slowly, slowly, things in my brain got quieter, as if people werent yelling their thoughts at me. They werent thinking about me, just about their go about life things.
So, I gradually relaxed, thinking maybe I could handle this new power, without letting it slip I had powers.
But my fingertips were feeling dull and less sparky, like everytime I did telakinesis.
I opened my eyes, and gently looked around thinking, I could use my telakinesis to carry something inconspiciously.
The kid speaking had her long blonde hair in a ponytail that was slipping.
I smiled slightly and focused on the hairband in her hair.
The hair band popped and I laughed while everyone kinda gasped.
I searched through peoples brains hoping noone saw me. Nope.
I was thinking this Asylum would be funner than I thought.

Chapter 4

As soon as the orientation was over, I was like the first one out.
I didnt go straight back to my room. Niether did other kids, but I could care less.
I walked toward the cemetery where kids were in front of me, but I wasnt caring.
When I got into the cemetery, I looked for the biggest statue, or tree or something.
I found the biggest tree I could find, and ran to it.
I kicked off my heels and started to climb it, though there were no starting branches.
I made it as high as I could go and sat there.
I pulled my knees up to my face and stared at the moon. I felt as if it were as lonely as I felt.
Kalee was gone and I was at a stupid Asylum, where Im surronding by crazy people, and they think im a murderer. Like I needed this again.
After Kalees death, I kept getting hate mail from my classmates and other people. I knew who they were from, though they tried to make it inconspicious.
I even got one from her mother. Explaining about my telakinesis and everything. About Kalee and her powers, about being a witch.
She was willing to help me, when I discovered my new powers because she warned me there would be more than one.
I felt a tear running down my cheek and instantly scrubbed it away.
Kalees mom died mysteriously 2 months ago. I dont know what happened, but thats when the put the band on my ankle.
That night, I was drunk, and I went over. She was more of a mom to me than my mom ever was.
I left an hour later and Kalees mom was fine. But, she supposedly died the exact time I left, and since I blacked out as soon as I put my car in the driveway, there were only few key points I remembered.
I remember feeling like one of the girl murderers in Chicago, doing that Jail Block Tango.
I heard a voice in my head and felt it coming near.
What is she doing in that tree? How did she get up there? Im gonna go see if shes ok. I dont think it was nice of Coach to put her on the spot when she finished her backstory.
I mean, it was obvious on her face that it was a tough subject......
'' Hey!!'' someone called.
I looked down.
It was a boy. He had a muscular build and was wearing a tight black tee and black skinny jeans and Justin Bieber shoes. I smiled.
I dont know why, but I was strangely attracted to Justin Bieber. I think its because its his love for the color purple. Ridiculous right?
He had blonde hair and gray light blue eyes. It was getting dark, and I saw the sun setting, though the moon was absolutely clear.
'' Are you ok?'' he called.
'' Im fine.'' I called back. I saw him smile.
'' How`d you get up there? How are you gonna get down?'' he asked. I smiled.
I hopped from my tall branch, doing a backflip and landing on my feet, clapping my hands together to get the dirt off.
'' I used to be a gymnast.'' I told him grabbing my heels.
I started to walk away.
'' Hey, wait.'' I stopped and let him catch up with me.
'' Your pretty interested in a murderer huh?'' I asked as we walked back toward the dorms.
'' I dont know. I think it was unfair-'' I finished his sentence knowing what he was going to say.
'' To have Coach put me on the spot like that after my backstory, because it was obvious on my face it was a tough subject.'' He looked at me. I blushed, realizing my new power would have to be watched.
'' Um, yeah, and theres no real evidence that you murdered her right? So, you shouldnt really be charged.'' he let my slip go. I breathed a sigh of relief.
His voice was rough and smooth, and deep but high. So nonchalant, but chalant. It was weird.
'' Yeah, but I was, so...'' I trailed off.
We had left the cemetery and were passing the rec hall.
'' Im Jordan by the way.'' he smiled and I saw he had really cute dimples.
'' Scarlett.'' I smiled.
He walked with me to the elevator.
'' What floor?'' he asked.
'' 4.''
'' Cool me too.'' he smiled again. I looked away, hoping I wasnt blushing. Besides, I dont go for blondes unless they were super worth it and he totally wasnt.
I also like hard to get guys. They just turn me on. Oh, and rebels. Someone to rebel with.
The elevator dinged and shuddered to a stop.
Jordan waved as he took the left and I went right.
I checked the hallways and then used my telakinetic powers to make my key float to my dorm, unlock the door, and throw itself on my bed.
I just wanted this day to be over.
I shut my door behind me and unpacked my stereo and plugged in my Ipod.
I blasted my Paramore to a steady level, in between really loud and loud.
5 to 10 minutes later, there was pounding on my door.
I turned down my music just a little and answered the door.
I had changed into comfy pants and an actual shirt.
My hair was in a messy ponytail.
Standing in front of me, was a skinny petite blonde. A gymnast no doubt. I was one so I recognize the body shape pretty well.
Her hair was in a ponytail but very neatly. She was in a white lacy tank top and pink puffy pants. Her arms were crossed and her purple eyes were angry.
'' Your contacts look totally contact-like.'' I pointed. She narrowed her eyes and deepened ger frown.
'' Turn that frown upside down!!'' I pointed to the corners of my mouth and smiled.
She frowned deeper. My smiled sagged.
'' Now thats totally the wrong way.'' I shook my head.
'' Look, your music needs to be turned down to a respectable level.'' she told me. She looked like a total Cali girl all the way.
I shrugged.
'' It is. Between loud and really loud is a respectable level. Wouldnt you say so?'' I asked and she shook her head and growled.
'' Whoa doggy.'' I raised my hands.
'' Look, no its not a respectable level. You turn it down or I will tell Headmistress. Im not afraid to.'' she threatened. I crossed my arms.
'' Tattletale much? '' I asked. I was getting annoyed.
'' When it comes to murderers living next door, sure.'' she said coldly.
'' Who are you?!?'' I asked appalled.
'' Im you nieghbor.'' she answered.
'' Sadly, but I meant, who the hell are you? Like name and why are you here? For getting on peoples nerves?'' I asked bringing the coldness right back to her.
'' None of your buisness. Just keep your murderer racket down and we`ll get along great.'' and then she left, slamming her door very loudly behind her.
'' Grrrrrr, blondes.'' I grumbled and slammed my door back.

Chapter 5

I woke up to my alarm clock.( I got a new one. hehe ) I hit the snooze button and realized it wasnt my alarm clock.
'' Good morning Asylum students. Breakfast is held in the rec hall, like all our other meals.'' the Headmistress announced.
'' Whats up with the god dang rec hall?'' I muttered.
'' Hope you have a great first day.'' and the static and sudden silence is a departing from her voice.
I took a towel and a pair of clothes to the bathroom where there was the showers and stuff.
I showered and changed. I put on another pair of huggy black skinny jeans, ballerina shoes, and a straight black corset with a fishnet top underneath.
But when I got back to my room, to add my jewelry and change my dye, I changed my mind and put on a serious miniskirt, fishnet stockings and my ballerina shoes.
'' Nice.'' I told myself in the mirror.
I put my hair into a cute messy ponytail and changed my bangs from bright green to bright blue.
I put on my blue converse earrings, my name necklace, and my silly bands.
I grabbed my over the shoulder bag and put all my school neccesities in it.
Pencils, notebooks, special pens, pens, doodling notebooks, lipgloss, make-up, and of course a hairbrush.
I put on my eyeliner and make up and then blew myself a kiss as I left the room, using my telakinesis to take my ipod out the dock, and into my hand.
I giggled as the sparky feeling was in my fingertips once more.
I stepped into the elevator and heard Jordans thoughts.
Crap, im gonna be late, please Lord let me get to the elevator on time please!!
'' Wait,'' I held out my hand to stop the elevator doors as people behind me groaned.
About a second later, Jordan bustled around the corner.
I smiled and waved.
He stepped in the already crowded elevator and smiled at me. I reached out to put my hand on his flushed cheek. It made his cheeks get redder, but I smiled wider.
Oh my god, should I smile, I think she knows im blushing harder...
I smiled so hard, it made my cheeks hurt.
'' Just smile.'' I told him and he smiled.
'' Better.'' I removed my hand and started blushing myself.
'' Sorry, I dont know why I just did that.'' I muttered as the elevator stopped on the main floor.
'' Its ok.'' he answered. I noticed his voice was deep. Not high. Just deep and had a cool tone, yet his mind always sounded worried.
We walked together toward the rec hall and I was surprised at how the hall just....transformed.
The rec hall had tables set up everywhere and a perfect little kitchen in the back.
'' Wow.'' I whispered.

~

Me and Jordan sat down at an empty table, me with a light plate, his almost full, yet he didnt look fat.
I saw my neighbor walking with pink eyes today.
I watched where she went and she went and sat down at a table with some other blondes, one of them, I noticed, was the girl whose rubber band snap.
I smiled at the memory.
'' So, are you a repeat?'' I asked taking a small bite of my flaky, buttery, calorie-packed biscuit.
'' Sadly. '' he replied spreading strawberry jelly on his biscuit.
'' Why were you here the first time? This time?'' I asked taking a big bite.
He ate half of his biscuit then swallowed.
'' I was in jail more than 5 times for burglary, theft, and identity theft. My parents got sick of me, and sent me here.'' he shrugged.
He was nonchalant but his mind was thinking about his secret. Why his parents really sent him here.
'' This time?'' I asked trying to act as if I wasnt confuzzled.
'' More identity theft, um, breaking an entry, and grand theft auto. Lets just say I may never leave. Its ok, I`ve met some really cool people being here, though being here isnt cool.'' he smiled at me and used his fork to stab at his eggs and then ate them.
I finished my bacon and ate some eggs.
'' How many times have you been locked up?'' he asked.
'' Um, not including the murder would have to be 3 times. Me and Kalee were total bad girls.'' I smiled remembering the ridiculous pranks we would pull.
'' For what?'' he asked gently obviously not pushing me.
'' Pranking, burglary, theft, and grand theft auto. We had a habit of grand theft, but only got caught once. We were pretty good.'' I smiled ticking them off on my fingers.
'' Thats four.'' he smiled again.
'' Oh, so we`ve both been in jail 5 times. But you more than 5.'' I smiled like it was a good thing. ( Dont try this at home kids. Stay clean and totally non-jaily cause jail sucks. Dont go there )
He nodded.
I heard giggling and looked over at Blondies table. They were staring at me and laughing.
God, shes totally clueless, and hanging with Jordan, puh-leaz. She can just pack up her things and take her scrawny murdering ass to where ever she came from because theres no use for her here.
I stood up to go talk to her and tell her off when she thought something warningly.
Oh, theres Ryan, I hope he tramples that piece of crap so I wont have to deal with her.
I spun around, and rammed right into someones plate.
I fell to the floor, covered in eggs and syrup. My hair was ok, which was a good thing.
The guy seemed to just wobble only a little.
Crap, Scarlett. Oh great, here comes Cherry and her new repeat and fresh posse. I should help Scarlett.
I frowned wondering how he knew my name but brushed it off for a second as bright pink heels ran by me straight to the dude, in yet another pair on Justin Bieber shoes.
'' Ryan, are you ok? Its this tramps fault. Lets just walk away.'' Blondie exclaimed.
'' Let me breathe Cherry. '' the guy said irritably. He had a really deep voice but taking a tone higher to Justin Biebers level but mesh it with super deep and you get his voice.
He was wearing black skinny jeans and a tight black long-sleeved shirt that was pushed up to his forearms where his muscles almost bulged out of the shirt.
He extended a hand. I shoved it away and put my right hand down to pull me up but it landed right in a bowl of oatmeal.
I groaned and he extended his hand again.
I took it with my left and he pulled me up with such force, I was forced into his chest.
I pulled away quickly and looked Ryan over.
He had long, shaggy, black hair, with yellow, orange, and navy blue streaks mainly at the bottom of his hair. You could hardly see his eyes, but I could tell they were a bright green.
Unusual eye color, like my bright violet eyes. He was obviously doing the same thing I was doing.
Impressive highlights and eyes, besides the food I just spilled, her outfit choice was more of a gothic look. I can handle that. The fishnets were a nice touch, makes her look sexy and....untame....
It went on, but my blushing was giving me away, and I needed to look angry.
Anyways, he had a pretty cute face, with a nice cheekbone structure and very plushy lips.
I stopped myself before I had a chance to go on, because I was blushing hard.
'' Are you alright?'' he asked. I smiled politely.
'' Fine. Sorry. It was my fault. I was getting up to go talk to someone and turned around and...'' I trailed off. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jordan standing behind Ryan trying to make sure I was ok.
'' It was both our faults. I wasnt really looking.'' he smiled and my breath caught.
His smile was simply angelic.
Too bad we can never go out, just not enough for me...
I gritted my teeth so my mouth wouldnt drop.
I took a deep breath and smiled again.
'' Thanks anyways.'' I told him and turned to Cherry.
'' If you have something to say to me, why dont you say it to my face Cherry. Hm? Or are you afraid of a murderer?'' I told her and she looked at me scared. I pounced.
She squealed and ran out of the rec, her posse following her.
Ryan and Jordan both chuckled.
'' I thought you didnt do it?'' Ryan asked. I wiped a tear from my eye.
'' I didnt but obviously everyone thinks I did, so why not milk it rather than waste my time trying to get people to beilieve me?'' I shrugged and used a napkin to brush food off my corset.
Hmm, second thoughts to come.....
'' Hm, you have one more person thats stand by you. I dont think you did it. You and Kalee seemed really close. See ya `round.'' he called as he went jogging out of the rec hall, probably after Cherry.
I took Jordan by the hand and towed him out of the rec hall.
I slowed down and let go of his hand as we got further away from the rec.
'' As expected.'' Jordan exclaimed sighing. I frowned.
'' Huh?'' I asked.
'' You`ve fallen for an Angel.'' he told me. I was still frowning.
'' Im confuzzled.'' he laughed at my choice of words.
'' Ryans an Angel. Hes Ryan Angel.'' he explained. I still wasnt getting it.
'' Ryans last name is Angel? Thats weird...'' I trailed off. Jordan laughed.
'' No you idiot, noone knows his last name. Heck, noone knows anyones last name except theirs. Just the teachers. But Ryans an Angel.'' he explained.
We were inside the dorms now, and headed for the elevator.
'' Im still confuzzled.'' I told him pressing the 4 on the button pad.
'' Ok, here, we call all the super hot, all the girls fall for guys, Angels, and theres always a specific line. They`re either family, friends, or total frenemies but mostly enemies.'' he started and I pulled him toward my end of the hall and sat down in my desk chair while he took a seat on my floor.
'' Go on.'' I urged.
'' Ryans a family line. His brothers all went here and were like, lengendary Angels. Its their smiles, they`re-''
'' Angelic.'' I breathed finishing his sentence. He nodding.
'' So you have Angel Fever? But, people say, that there isnt going to be anymore Angels because getting to go out with Ryan is difficult. Girls say hes looking for something specific, something thats hes never seen before.'' he keeps going.
'' And so this is his 3rd year here and hes never gone out with one girl. There were some kisses here and there, but no relationships strong. So, the mystery with the Angels is still a mystery.'' he shrugs.
'' Hm.'' I murmur.
I crank my tunes and start to dance. Jordan stares.
'' What?'' I asked Jordan. He shrugs and joins me.

Chapter 5

20 minutes later, the intercom was on announcing classes started in 10.
When she was off, I was going to turn off my music when there was a knock on my door.
I tossed Jordan a water bottle and turned off my Ipod and answered the door.
'' Yo.'' I opened the door all the way and realized who I was saying yo to.
'' Oh, hey. We meet again.'' Ryan says and I nod taking a swig of my water.
'' How do you know where I commence and why are you here?'' I asked hoping I didnt sound rude.
'' Can I come in?'' he asked. I looked behind me at Jordan who stood up thinking I wanted him to leave.
'' Oh, nevermind. I`ll just talk to you later.'' he says waving and turns the corner.
'' What was that? You should`ve let him in!'' Jordan exclaimed following me out of my room.
I was wearing a black and red corset now.
He had his school stuff so we didnt have to stop by his room.
'' You were in there! I was obviously busy so I wasnt going to be rude to you and besides, he wouldnt go for a girl like me. Definitley not.'' I murmured as he led me out of the dorm house.
'' Whatever. Whats your first class?'' he asked. I took out my schedule.
'' Um, History, Gym, Biology, lunch, Geometry, and then Arithmetics.'' I read him my schedule.
'' Do we get lockers?'' I asked and he nodded.
He led me around the rec hall and poof, there was a whole other building.
'' Wow.'' I whispered.
Inside, it looked like a highschool. Lockers, classrooms, and noisy hallways, with kids.
'' Ok, Historys down the far left of this hall and then I`ll see you in Gym, Geometry, and Arithmetics.'' he waved.
I looked down at my schedule and saw my locker and my locker combination.
I found my locker, right by the History room.
At first, my locker didnt open, then when it opened, a big puff cloud like surronded me.
Then, as I put half of my stuff in there, it all fell out, then some textbooks fell on my foot, and by the time I got everything in there and was getting ready for class, I was late.
But then, I tried to walk away from my locker, and my bag was stuck, so I had to go through opening my locker, textbook falling on my foot, then resorted to just taking the textbook with me.
I fixed my hair and grumbled my way into class.
Everyone stared at me as I arrived late.
'' Scarlett, your late.'' Mrs. Boregenhoff pointed out.
'' Im aware and Im sorry.'' I told her very irate already. She raised her eyebrows.
'' I do not except attitudes in my classroom Scarlett.'' she said very direct. Thats when I snapped.
'' Well deal with it! I was born with attitude. When I was born, I was snapping my fingers, and if we`re both gonna survive this year, just leave me alone for today please! The beginning of my day started out very bad and I`ve had enough of these few months so just lay off ok?'' I snapped completely exasperated.
'' Scarlett, calm yourself. No attitudes. Bottom line. Born with it or not, leave it outside my classroom.'' she calmly instructed.
I groaned and dropped everything in my hands.
'' You dont get it!! Everything here is pointless. I shouldnt in this classroom, and I definitley shouldnt be in this stupid Psycho Ward. This morning, a psycho blonde totally got on my nerves, then I made a fool of myself by running into Ryan spilling breakfast all over my favorite corset, and to make things worse, Im telakinetic.'' now that last part wasnt supposed to come out.
I stood there shocked myself.
'' Scarlett, believing in such tricks of the mind-'' I cut her off.
'' Oh my God shut up! No wonder your name is Bore! And why arent you ticked off yet?'' I was yelling now just losing every shred of self control I had.
'' That is enough. Dont lose you temper, we dont need any deaths here-''
'' I DIDNT MURDER ANYONE!!!'' I screamed coming to tears.
I burst out of the classroom going who knows where.
I heard someone following me but didnt care.
I ran straight to the cemetery and to that tree.
I was kicking off my shoes and starting to climb when a cool hand grabbed my wrist.
'' Scarlett.'' Ryans voice was soft and.....comforting.
I couldnt see him because of my tears, but I didnt care. I just let him hold me, while I cried my pathetic, eyes out.

~

I was laughing now.
Me and Ryan had been talking for the past half hour. I wasnt crying anymore. I was over my little tantrum.
Ryan was sitting against the tree. I was lying next to him, my legs in his lap.
We were getting to know each other.
'' Class is gonna be over. I wonder if we`ll get in trouble for skipping to hang in a cemetery.'' Ryan muttered.
'' Who cares.'' I murmured. He looked at me.
'' Your obviously not as tough as you seem.'' he said it in a voice that reminding me of someone trying to solve my problems.
I sat up.
'' I`ve been trying to be. I guess it could only last a certain amount of time.'' I told him looking down.
'' Everyone has their soft side, '' he told me softly.
'' Depending on whos looking for it, thats how easy or hard you get to it.'' he finished.
He was staring at me with those deep green eyes.
'' You dont have to pretend around me Scar.'' he murmured.
'' I have to pretend around everyone. '' I whispered.
'' Not me. I`ll stand by you no matter what. I promise.'' he kept looking at me with those deep eyes. It made it hard to look away.
'' Everywhere I go I pretend. My life isnt my life without pretending. I have too many secrets. Secrets....that......could really turn against me Ryan. Its hard.'' I told him.
I cant believe I was telling him all this but, I unfortunately was.
'' I can accept you. I get it. What you were saying in class, about being telakinetic...'' he trailed off.
'' Its complicated Ryan.'' I sighed looking away.
'' But I get it. Your not the only one with secrets bigger than you could imagine Scarlett. Let me in. '' he urged me. I shot him a look.
'' I dont know why your trying. Its none of your buisness. Not to sound rude, but why does this chew you so badly? Tell me, maybe I`ll fill you in.'' I told him coldly. He blinked. He looked away and then sighed.
'' Fine. I knew the real Kalee. I know she was a witch, and about her blood being in yours. I heard you reading my mind in the Rec this morning. Your a messy reader. And your telakinetic. I have a few powers myself. Mind-reading and telakinesis involved. Thats...natural I should say-Scar!!'' he called.
I had stood up and started to back away. I was shaking my head.
'' Who are you?'' I asked. He got up and attempted to approach me.
'' Stay away! I dont know what magic your capable of! Just.....stay away from me.'' I screamed.
'' Kalee trusted me. We were friends. Thats why your here-''
'' Shut up!! Kalee would have told me the night.....of the incident there was someone else on the inside, before she died. And since I dont know if your good or bad, or telling me the truth, just stay away from me. Just.....stay away.'' I screamed and ran.
I heard him calling after me but I ignored it and ran. I ran back to the classroom and grabbed my things.
I ran to the rec hall and waited by the front door. It wouldnt be long before Ryan finds me, but now that he knows, its dangerous. I dont know if hes good or bad magic and Kalee,
I just wasnt sure of. Kalee, would`ve definitley told me if there was someone else, I know she would. We were best friends.
I started to shuffle my feet and realized I`d left my shoes in the cemetery.
'' Crap.'' I muttered.
So, I ended up going to gym class, barefoot. Joy.

Chapter 7

I changed into my manditory black tee shirt and gray shorts and went out to gym.
The boys were in the same attire, though they`re pants were longer. I spotted Jordan and waved and then a thought that definitley wasnt mine popped in my brain.
Scarlett, listen, please-
SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
Ryan stayed out of my brain.
Turns out, the coach was plenty ticked I didnt have sneakers on.
'' I just think sneakers are overrated. Besides, my toes are too pretty for sneakers.'' I told him watching my feet and swaying like a innocent cute little girl.
My toes were pretty awesome though. I mean, they were black, but shiny and pretty.
I smiled up at coach. He frowned.
'' Bring your sneakers tomorrow Smarty. First semester, defense.'' he called and guys brung out mats.
Im thinking this isnt a regular cirriculum in regular school but I was in psycho ward so I shrugged it off.
'' Pair up, boys vs. girls.'' he called and blew his whistle.
I saw Jordan coming toward me, but Ryan on my other side.
Ryan got to me first and Jordan look plenty ticked, but if I got to kick the ass out of Ryan, then sure.
'' Sorry Jordan, maybe another time.'' I smiled and tried to sound like I wanted to be partners with him,I just wanted to kick Ryans butt, but he thought I caught the Angel Fever, which was long gone.
'' Thanks Scar.'' he rolled his eyes.
'' Shut up and stay out of my head.'' I gave him a roundhouse kick to the jaw, trying not to think about what I was going to do next.
It was hard but I mastered it after a few good kicks to me.
I was kicking the crap out of Ryan, who was crumpled on the floor, when coachs whistle blew, and I turned around to look at him.
Big mistake. Ryan came up behind me and put his elbow around my neck, his other hand covered my mouth to prevent me from screaming, and it seemed like noone saw us just disappear.
I searched his brain but it was blank.
'' Just keep quiet please. I only want to talk.'' he sounded a little out of breath and I was proud of myself. Kicking the crap out of people helps you out just a little.
I nodded hoping I could keep myself quiet.
He removed his hands and took a big step away from me.
I looked around.
'' Where are we?'' I asked. He sighed when he saw I was cool.
'' Basement of the dorms.'' he replied. I frowned.
'' Power.'' he was like uhhh duhh!!
'' Right. Well, what? I was enjoying kicking the crap out of you.'' I sneered. He sighed.
'' Your getting me all wrong. Look, I have proof. Me and Kalee were really close.'' he held out an envelope and I took it.
I opened it and in it were 4 photographs.
The first one was when I met Kalee, at the camp.
She was at the swimming lake, and she was laughing splashing someone. I looked more closely.
'' Is that you?'' I asked. He nodded.
'' Im in all of these. You`ll see.'' I turned to the next one.
I could see me knocked out in the backseat.
I remembered that. We were 15 and that was our first drunken night.
I could see Ryan toasting with Kalee.
The 3rd one was of him, Kalee and her mother.
The 4th one shocked me the most.
Him and Kalee were on the football field. The night of the party. And they were kissing.
I gasped.
'' You were there? And you didnt say anything? You let them charge me with murder?!?'' I asked astonished.
'' They werent going to do any good! Me in a few photographs with her! Thats so convincing that you didnt do it. '' he countered.
'' Why havent I met you?'' I asked.
'' You have. That day in the water at the camp. You took that picture. Took the one with Kalee,her mother, and me, and the one on the football field. She erased your memory. She wanted to wait until you ended up here for you to meet me. She knew she was gonna die. Knew that you were gonna be blamed for it and made sure you got here. She told me...that when I told you this, that you not to be mad. She was doing it for the best. She loved you Scar.'' he whispered. I handed him the pictures.
'' Theres something sketchy about this whole thing. Fine. I guess I believe you. But, '' I smiled.
'' You have to help me with my magic.'' I offered. He raised an eyebrow.
'' Come on, please!!!'' I pleaded. He sighed.
'' Fine.'' I squealed and hugged him.
'' Thank you thank you thank you. Now take me back to gym class.'' I said.
'' Your already in gym class.'' he whispered and I pulled away to see a bunch of people staring at me.
'' Hehe, go on coach.'' I motioned for him to proceed and I thought I heard him growl at me.
'' Warn me next time, jeez.'' I whispered. He chuckled.
'' Depends on what you do next time.'' he whispered back and I blushed really hard.

Chapter 8

Blondie was in my Biology class, but I`d like to think I was one step ahead of her because it was obvious she wanted Ryan, but couldnt have him. And thanks to Kalee, me and Ryan are closer than anyone could have imagined. Which I am totally grateful for, because I can really trust Ryan and thats comforting news.
Lunch came quick, and I sat at the same table with Jordan. The difference was, Ryan sat with us. But we couldnt plan much about my magic lessons because of Jordan, so we kept it casual and acted like we were nothing more than new found buddies.
After classes, Jordan came over and we did our math ( screw big words like arithmetic, just dont say that to your parents. Always use big words. ) homework together and some of our geometry.
He was packing up his things to leave when there was a knock on my door.
I looked at my clock and smacked my forehead with the palm of my hand.
'' Its Ryan. '' I warned Jordan.
'' We have History homework.'' I told him as I went to answer the door. He shrugged.
'' I was leaving anyways.'' he waved as Ryan walked in.
'' Oh, hey Jordan.'' Ryan called. Jordan just waved. I let Ryan in and shut the door sighing.
'' Im afraid, Jordans jealous of you, my friend.'' I told him as he took a seat on my floor.
'' Why wouldnt he be? Im an Angel.'' he said making a halo with his hands.
'' Mhm. Your such a rebel, angel should be totally out of your vocabulary.'' I ruffled his hair which was amazingly soft which made me want to touch it again.
What kind of conditioner does he use? I need some of that! I thought and Ryan laughed.
I narrowed my eyes.
'' Go ahead touch it again. Its my Angel head again.'' he dipped his head. So, I slid from my desk chair on the floor next to Ryan and just started running my fingers through his hair.
'' Its just so soft.'' I murmured and he laughed.
'' Understandable.'' he told me. I laughed and scooted away. He looked up.
'' I dont want to become addicted.'' I told him and he rolled his eyes.
He reached over to loop a hand around my waist and practically pulled me onto his lap.
'' I dont mind.'' he whispered.
The air was all of a sudden really tight, and my breath was short as those plush lips just kept coming closer.
Then, there was a knock on the door.
I was too....shocked to move so Ryan sighed and moved me, then went to answer the door.
'' Oh, Ryan. What are you doing in here?'' Blondie asked. I stood up and went to stand behind Ryan.
'' History homework. Whats up Cherry?'' he asks sighing like hes super bored.
'' I just wanted to ask Scarlett a question about the Bio homework.'' she started to twirl a strand of her hair with one of her fingers.
Ryan was totally uninterested.
'' Later. Bye Cherry.'' then he practically shut the door on her face.
He locked it , then tackled me so we were laying on my bed.
He was sitting on the edge, though I was laying fully on my bed.
He had me by my wrists and he was that close that the closeness made the air get short with air supply.
'' Where were we?'' he whispered getting closer again.
Now, if this were any other time, sure I would`ve let him go for it, but a) he was supposed to be teaching me my magic and b) the moment was ruined when Blondie ruined it and it just seemed like he was trying to hard.
He sighed hearing, everything that was going on in my brain. Then he let go of my wrists and I propped up on my elbows.
'' Dont be mad.'' I whispered as he slid off the bed and to his bookbag.
'' Who says Im mad?'' he looks at me surprised.
'' Uhh,'' I didnt have an answer for that. He smiled.
'' Your right. We have to be focused and the moment was ruined. Stupid Cherry. But I dont want to push you.'' he smiled and then pulled out a book bigger and thicker than his bookbag.
'' Magic Book. Incantations, spells, and potions. Everything is in here. Kalees mom gave it to me before she died.'' he told me quietly.
'' You know I was charged for that too?'' I told him. He shrugged.
'' Ryan.'' I whined.
'' Back to magic.'' I grumbled the whole way over to his side.
He opened the big book.
'' Ok, what first? '' he asked looking at me. I pursed my lips thinking.
'' Ok, incantations.'' I shrugged.
'' Ok, well, as you know, they have to rhyme, and you have to be very careful how you say it because they`re taken super seriously, so make your objective clear, without overdoing it. Let me demonstrate.'' he stood up and sighed. He closed his eyes and pointed his pointer to the spot next to him.
'' Coach Beater is ugly as far as I can see, so bring his ugly body straight to me.'' Then, there was a zap and there was Coach Beater.
He looked around confuzzled.
'' What the-how did I get in here?'' he looked panicked as he saw me. I smiled and waved.
'' Now, erase his memory and send him back.'' he told me and Beater looked thoruoughly confuzzled.
He was turning around to run, but Ryan zapped him with his finger.
He stood absolutely still.
'' Quickly,'' he urged.
'' Um, ok.''
I used my right pointer finger and pointed.
'' Coach Beater smells alot like beer, so make him forget he was every here.'' I zapped him and his eyes closed. I saw Ryan snickering.
'' What? I have to read a rhyming book to get better rhymes ok?'' I snapped.
'' Ok, send him back.'' he stepped back.
'' My caperts full of dirty fuzz, take Coach back to whereever he was.'' I tried and zapped him.
He disappeared. I smiled.
'' Hm. Wasnt so hard.'' I smiled and blew on my finger. Ryan raised an eyebrow.
He zapped the air and a big glass ball appeared.
'' Oh cool, a....'' Ryan looked at me.
'' I know it, its on the tip of my tongue. Its a...a...a...a...a its not a looking glass, its a...a..oh!! Got it. Magic Ball.'' I whooped. Ryan chuckled.
He closed his eyes and put his hands on the Ball.
Then, smoke appeared and I could see Coach standing deserted in a desert.
Ryan opened his eyes, then shot me a look.
'' Sorry. Where is he?'' I asked.
'' Dunno. Let me bring him back.''
He closed his eyes and murmured some words and Coach poofed out of the desert, and into the rec hall.
He was acting like nothing ever happened.
'' He he. My bad.'' I told Ryan.
His ball disappeared and Ryan shut the book.
He let it cram itself into his bookbag.
'' See what I mean. Literal meaning. '' he told me. I smiled and batted my eyes.
'' But im...pre-tayyyyy.'' I used my baby voice. He chuckled.
'' Mhm. '' he ammended. I rolled my eyes.
'' So, what now? No more incantations?'' I asked.
'' Sure, we`ll mesh everything in together. Just not focusing on one thing in particular.'' he shrugged and picked up his bag.
'' I`ll see you tomorrow.'' he kissed me on cheek and left.
On his way out, he dropped a big red Altoid box.
I picked it up and set it on my desk, not really thinking about it. At all.
I started to unlace my corset, and then tore off my fishnet shirt.
Now, I wanted an Altoid.
So, I grabbed the box but before I could open it, it floated out of my hands and towards the door.
Which opened to reveal Ryan. First, I was appalled and then embarrased, because I was standing there, in fire engine red bra.
Then, my face got really hot, and so did the room. Ryan smiled.
'' Cute belly button.'' then he left the room. I glanced down and saw my belly button ring.
I stuck out my tongue.

Chapter 9

I was turning off the shower, when I realized I was the only one left in there.
'' Crap.'' I muttered. I was glad I put my streak in last night.
I woke up last this morning, which was weird. I slept right through the Headmistresses wake up call.
My bangs were white.
I wrapped myself in a towel and padded to my stuff.
'' Hello.'' someone said from behind me.
I jumped a foot in the air and then pressed myself to the wall, then turned.
'' Ryan!!'' I screamed.
'' I swear if there was anything to throw at you, I would totally be on open fire.'' I glared at him. He chuckled but didnt say anything.
'' What?!?!'' I screamed really aggravated.
'' Your late.'' I wanted to strangle him.
'' Thank you Captain Obvious.'' I muttered.
'' Dont get yourself worked up. I just came to see what the hold up was.'' he raised his hands.
I could tell he was trying really hard not to start checking me out.
'' I woke up late! I dont know how, but I slept through the alarm this morning.'' I sighed exasperated. Ryan raised an eyebrow.
'' What?'' he was seriously getting on my nerves.
'' Are you forgetting you have powers?'' he asked like duhh!! I blinked.
'' Ohhhhhhhhhhh.'' I got it. I crinkled my face.
Ryan snapped and I felt warm. I looked down.
I was in butt-hugging skinny jeans, 2 sizes too big black button up shirt, with a white tank top underneath, black studded open-toed heels, my hair was just down naturally, with angel earrings, my name necklace, and of course, my silly bands.
My lips were lipglossed and my make-up was done.
I smiled.
'' Thanks.'' I walked over to him and he handed me my bag.
'' Showoff.'' I muttered. I put my bag over my head and on my shoulder. I looked down.
'' Wait, whos shirt is this? Its not mine, though I have one like it.'' I asked as he held the door open.
He smiled.
'' Mine of course.'' he replied and I blushed.
I looked him over.
Black skinny jeans, Justin Bieber shoes, a tight black v-neck t-shirt, and a black hoodie. He pulled the hood over his head as we made our way out of the building and toward the rec hall.
We walked in and I skipped out on breakfast and met Jordan at our table.
'' Hey.'' I smiled as I sat down.
'' No breakfast?'' he asked taking a big bite of his waffle. I shrugged.
'' Previous experiences have me on a strike.'' he laughed.
'' That yours? '' he nodded toward my shirt. I shook my head.
'' Nah. Too big. Can you tell?'' I tried to change the subject.
'' Yeah, whos is it? Your dads?'' he asked starting to guess. I shook my head.
'' My dad wears all suits. If I am ever going to wear a suit, I will be dust, so you wont even be able to get it on me.'' he chuckled.
'' Granfathers?'' he tried again.
'' Never knew him.'' I replied pursing my lips.
'' Boyfriend?'' he just wouldnt quit.
'' Never really had a boyfriend. I kinda had one, but it wasnt real. '' I shrugged.
'' So your still holy?'' he asks. I knew what he meant.
'' Uhh, no!! It may not have been real but he sure was hot.'' he chuckled. I thought the subject had finally changed but he kept coming.
'' So...whos is it then?'' he asked. He stabbed his waffle and tore off a piece, raising it to his mouth.
Now, I wanted waffles.
'' Um, waffles.'' I murmured. He stopped chewing and looked at me.
'' Huh?'' he asked but just then, a plate of hot, steamy and warm syruped waffles were set down in front of me.
There was a fork on top and a knife on the side.
Ryan sat down beside me.
'' Stupid girl.'' he muttered as he sat down. I glared at him.
'' Thanks Ryan.'' I politely forced it through my teeth.
I took some napkins, and set them on my lap.
The table was silent as we all ate.
I took the fork and knife and cut my waffles into squares and corners, then took a big, syrupy corner, and shoved it in my lipglossy mouth.
'' Mm.'' I couldnt help the approval that came out of my lips. It was just so good.
I mean, I`ve never ever tasted waffles this good. I felt like I was at Waffle House.
'' I hate the way you know me better than I do and we`ve known each other for like...'' I trailed off watching Jordan watch the scene.
'' 5 years. From Camp on up.'' he shot me a look. I frowned at him.
Your making Jordan feel worse, talk about him he doesnt like me.
Ryan thought in my head.
Mental eye roll Ryan. Thats totally obvious.
I looked at Jordan.
'' So how was your classes yesterday?'' I asked. He shrugged.
'' The same. You?'' he asked. I saw Ryan look around absentmindly.
'' Uhhh, '' I didnt know what to say.
'' I heard about your tantrum in Mrs. Bores class. Your totally not the first to call her that. We all do. '' he took another bite of his waffle and I mimicked him.
I shrugged.
'' I kinda just snapped. Personal problems. Enough about me, you. Fill me in. Clue me in. Come on.'' I urged.
Ryan was paying attention again.
'' Jordans just Jordan.'' Ryan shrugged. Jordan blushed. I smiled.
'' Really? Whats just Jordan? Is it grand theft auto Jordan, or blushy-blushy Jordan?'' I asked teasing him. He smiled, then shrugged again.
Then his eyes went wide and then he looked back down at his plate.
'' Cherry twelve o`clock.'' he whispered and I looked behind me. I stood up.
Her hair was down and her eyes were blue. I narrowed my eyes.
'' Whats up Blondie? I see you`ve changed your eye color again. Just cant decide hm?'' I asked. She took a step closer to me.
'' Im not here for you murderer.'' she snarled. I snorted.
'' Really, Blondie? Thats all you can come up with? Murderer? I mean, if you want to be murdered then sure, I`ll clear my murderer schedule to come and have a special appointment.'' by then, the whole rec hall was quiet as they witnessed our scene.
Cherry looked at me, then blinked.
'' What are you thinking up there Braindead?'' I asked smiling at my own self prevential cleverness.
She didnt answer.
'' Look, you cant threaten me. You claimed you didnt do it, unless your saying you did.'' she told me finally speaking. Something seemed fishy but I was getting angrier by the minute, caring less about the fishyness.
'' I can threaten you all I want. Theres no law against threatening you unless you paid your filthy rich daddy to pay for one.'' I sneered. She laughed.
'' Oh come on! Like you dont know whats its like to have filthy rich parents. Your such a loser. And a poser. So did you do it or not? Hm? Is there conclusive evidence? C`mon, let a blonde into your brain.'' she took some steps closer.
'' I dont trust blondes. '' I told her matching her level of dangerous by stepping closer.
I was in hitting range, and I was sooooo gonna smack that lipgloss off her lips then see if I could slap the blonde out of her, but I wanted to see if she was going to take my temper any further, then, and only then, would I jackslap her halfway around the world.....twice.
'' Wasnt Kalee blonde?'' now I was seriously about to take jackslapping to bitchslapping just for bringing Kalee into it.
'' You`ve never seen Kalee.'' I gave her the evil eye. She snorted.
'' Puh-leaz. If your gonna hide pictures, hide them where people will really never find them.'' then she held up the 4 photographs.
'' Crap.'' I heard Ryan mutter from behind me. I knew which ones in particular, she was going to try and ruin my life with.
'' Oh look. Heres one of you, in the backseat of a car, passed out drunk. And who else do I see? Could it be Ryan Angel toasting with Kalee? Hm, it is. Wanna explain yourselves?'' she asked. Ryan got up and approached Cherry but I held out my arm to stop him.
I was gonna handle her.
'' Its none of your buisness and where did you get those?'' I asked and she ignored my question moving on.
'' This next ones shocking folks.'' she starting talking to the whole rec hall now.
'' Its Ryan and Kalee kissing. Hey, wasnt Kalee murdered on this same football field? And where are you? Perhaps, taking the picture?'' she raised the photo though not alot of people could see it.
'' Where did you get those?'' Ryan asked slowly like he was trying to calm his temper.
'' I`ve got people Ryan. Lots of them.'' she told me smiling.
I shook my head.
'' Give them back Cherry.'' I said, slowly, deliberately so I wouldnt lash out and actually bitchslap her blondeness all the way to Asia.
'' Make me.'' that was my breaking point.
I tore off my heels and my earrings, handing my earrings to Ryan. I pulled my hair into a ponytail.
'' Give them back before I kick your skinny ass and then wipe the world with it. Which may just cause more pollution.'' I shrugged.
She yawned.
'' Your bluffing.'' she told me but I could see she was afraid and nervous.
'' Wanna see me bluff? Fine, you asked for it.'' so I took a spinning kick and launched her straight in the ribs.
She flew backward, screaming her head off.
With impeccable speed, Jordan caught the pictures.
I stared at him. One moment, he was sitting down watching the whole thing the next, hes in the middle of the rec hall holding the pictures.
'' I dont bluff.'' I told her. She was quietly crying.
I grabbed my heels and stormed out of the rec hall, Jordan and Ryan on my tail.
I ran straight to the cememtery.
'' Scarlett!''
'' Scar!!'' they called, but I kept running. I was just so confuzzled.
I made it to the tree and climbed before they could stop me.
'' Just, leave my stuff and leave me alone.'' I looked back at both of them looking up at me.
'' Not happening Scar.'' Ryan told me.
'' Yeah, right. What Ryan said.'' Jordan agreed and Ryan shot him a look and he shrugged. I smiled.
'' Thanks but what I really need is to be alone. '' I told them then turned back around.
'' No, Scar. Not happening. Come down.'' Ryan persisted.
'' Ryan, dont push me. Please, just...'' I trailed off and waved my hand dismissevly.
'' Scarlett, dont make me come up there, but I will. Come down. Please.'' he pleaded.
'' Oh my god, fine. So persistant.'' I grumbled and flipped down.
I put my heels back on, and my bag, and my earrings.
I stuffed the pictures in my bag and smiled at Jordan.
'' Thanks.'' he smiled and shrugged.
We made our way to the school building and I waved to Jordan as we went our seperate ways.
Ryan accompanied me to my locker.
'' Are you gonna have another meltdown in History to get us out of class?'' he teased and I shrugged.
'' Maybe.'' I grumbled. He sighed.
'' Scar,'' he started but I cut him off with my hand. He stopped talking.
I shut my locker. Then, I turned to him.
There was a whole bunch of things going on in my mind. What to say, how to say, everything, but standing there, looking into his deep green eyes, worried for me, broke me down.
The tears started to flow. I wiped my face.
'' Im such a sap.'' I laughed through my tears. Ryan cracked a smile.
'' No, your just letting everything out. You should.'' he reassured. I smiled and got rid of the remaining tears.
We were in a gaze down.
I made one of my awesome snap decisions.
I put my stuff down and hooked my arms around his neck, then kissed him.
He put his hands around my waist and kissed me back.
He tasted like spearmint toothpaste and a slight hint of vanilla and a little cinnamon.
But then, I ruin the moment.
I started to think, and who thinks while they`re making out?!? I mean, yeah they`re thinking, this is so awesome. But, I pushed that aside for a moment.
I remembered the picture of him and Kalee kissing. What does that mean? I didnt ask him because.....well, Im not really sure.
But, then I started thinking about this, and what Jordan was saying about Ryan being an Angel and picky about girls, and not ever really dating. But then I remembered there were kisses here and there, and Kalee was kissing there and Im kissing here. Hm.
Well, of course he was in my brain.
He broke away and sighed resting his hands on the top of his head. He walked away from me and started to chuckle darkly.
'' Ryan,'' I whispered. He shook his head. I went over to him and grabbed his arm, and he shoved me away. Then, he turned around.
I saw tears in his eyes. Now, I really felt bad.
'' Ryan, '' I tried again and he just shook his head.
'' No. You dont think I feel partly responsible to what happened to Kalee? She told me she was going to die and...I kept quiet, and I think about it now and realized, if I really loved Kalee, I should have told someone. I was with her the night she died, I saw when you guys were found. I was at the funeral. I went through everything Scarlett. Im here because of her. Like you. I loved Kalee, like you. I dont know what happened, but, everything after the photo is blurry. I just remember waking up and seeing the police and your bodies thinking....'' he paused to swallow. The tears were running down his face.
'' Thinking, you both were dead, and that I wouldnt have anybody who really understood me.'' he didnt go on.
'' Ryan, '' he let me go on but avoiding my eyes.
'' Im sorry. I had no idea. I dont know what I was thinking. I was just....rambling. Im sorry. But, like your here for me, im here for you. Ok? We have to back each other up.'' I walked over to him cautiously.
I took one of his hands, then used my thumb to wipe the tears threatening to fall from his eyes. Then used my sleeve to wipe the rest of his face.
I smiled.
'' I think I`ve found your soft side.'' I murmured and he smiled.
'' Guess so.'' he took my other hand and kissed it.
I felt myself blush but brushed it off.
He was right. We had to be there for each other. Though different, we`re alike. We had to protect each other. We understand each other than anyone else does.
'' Come on. I think we`re ditching again.'' I smiled and tugged him out of the door.
We walked out of the building, but then I stopped Ryan.
'' What?'' he asked sounding confuzzled.
'' Teleport.'' I squeezed my eyes shut and waited.
'' Are we there yet?'' I asked. Ryan chuckled and I opened my eyes.
Sure enough, there we were, leaning against the tree.
'' So, tell me about you and Kalee.'' I told him and he looked at me.
'' What?'' I asked and he shrugged and started.

Chapter 10

I laughed.
'' Charming Ryan, really.''
We were walking to gym, hand in hand, laughing about this lame joke he told me.
'' Ok, question.'' I asked as we got to the front of the rec hall.
'' Hm.'' he asked running his fingers through his hair then looking at me.
'' Since you dont date, what does that make us? Attracted companions? Fill me in.'' I asked and he pursed his lips and sighed.
He reached over to release my hair from its ponytail, and it fell over my shoulders, in long, wavy, soft, ( I got Ryans conditioner ) black layers.
He started running his fingers through my hair, and I closed my eyes loving the feel of it.
'' It makes us a couple. Who said I didnt date? '' he asked and I opened my eyes.
'' Jordan.'' we said at the same time. I sighed.
'' A couple. Hm. Sounds funny on my tongue, but ok! I can do couple.'' I smiled at him and he smiled back.
We were silent for a moment as we like, gazed into each others eyes.
'' I feel like my lifes one big movie.'' I muttered and he chuckled.
'' It feels like that. But, theres one thing I want to do, that I`ve been wanting to do for a while.'' he whispered and I smiled.
'' Come here.'' I smiled and pulled him to me.
I felt his cool, plush, lips on mine and melted into him.
We stood like this for a minute....or two.....or three.
Just, kissing in front of the rec hall.
Then, people started to come out of the rec hall, and out of the classrooms.
We broke apart and I smiled.
'' That felt good.'' I whispered pulling all the way from him.
'' Ditto.'' he smiled and walked inside winking at me. I burst into laughter.
There was a tap on my shoulder and I spun around, knocking them in the face with my hair.
'' Ohmigod, Im so sorr-oh. You. What do you want?'' I asked Blondie.
She smiled at me triumphantly.
'' Headmistress wants you in her office. Now. Oh, and wise advice, dont make out in front of the rec hall. Everyones watching. Ryan should`ve known better.'' she called as she made her way inside.
'' Oh, shut up. Your just jealous because I have him and you dont.'' I sneered and she shot me the evil eye as I walked toward the dorm building.
When I got to the dorms, I went toward the conference room transformed into the office, and then knocked.
'' Come in Scarlett.'' she invited.
I went in and sat in the same seat I sat in not two days ago.
'' You wanted to see me?'' I asked.
'' Yes. I heard you have been in trouble already Scarlett. Im disappointed. It appears you have caused unneccesary attention to you during breakfast twice, skipping History twice, and then, kicking Cherry in the stomach. '' she sounded as if she was ticking them off on her fingers.
'' Oh, and the...lip contact in front of the rec hall.'' she then finished.
'' But there was no rules against making.....lip contact!'' I exclaimed.
'' Yes, but you werent in class when class was still going on. That counts as skipping class Ms. Scarlett, and we wont allow it. I`ve also heard you`ve been dragging Mr. Ryan Angel in it. Mr. Angel,'' she was using his last fake name.
It seemed weird, that the headmistress, who never left this room, ( it looked like ) was never seen in public, or seen at all, knows who and what Ryan is.
But, shes had kids in here alot, I think, but it still seemed fishy.
'' is a very good student of ours. Even though...he never leaves,'' I thought I heard a smile in her voice.
'' Nonetheless, his brothers in the past, have been very good students, and so has Mr. Angel. It would be the proper thing to do to give you cemetery duty on saturday during your welcoming party.''
My jaw dropped. There was a party?!?!
'' But, im letting you both off the hook. You may go.'' she dismissed me and I stood up to go.
'' Oh and Scarlett?'' I turned to stare at her chair.
'' Cut Coach Beater a break.'' she sounded smiley again.
I waved sadly and left her office.
I was running to gym, because if I was gonna cut Coach a break, I`d have to actually show up for his class on time.
I changed quickly, ( have my sneakers now ) and bounded out there, my hair in a ponytail again.
The rec hall was empty, and I looked out and saw everyone on track.
I ran out there and then meshed myself into the crowd.
Coach is gonna be soooooo mad. I wonder where she was.
I wonder if shes figured it out yet. Oh, wait scratch that. Crap, he told me to watch what I think....
I was too busy trying to figure out what Jordan was exactly thinking, to notice Jordan was calling my name.
I spun around trying to find him in the crowd.
'' Jordan?'' I called a s runners shoved past me.
'' Scarlett!'' he called back.
I spun around again and still couldnt see him. So, I put my head down, and walked backward off the track field.
'' Scarlett! Here!'' he called again. I looked and couldnt see him.
'' Scarlett, whatever you do dont-'' but he was cut off.
I had taken a step back and fell into rushing cold water.
It was freezing, yet it was beautiful outside. Not to mention, I was taking a breath in when I fell, so now my lungs were filled with pool water, and then I felt myself being pulled down.
I looked down. My heavy monitoring band was on my ankle again.
My vision was blurry, and as the band was shortcircuiting, I started to spaz out.
I tried and tried to fling my arms to pull me up but it wasnt working. I looked up and saw a crowd had formed around the pool.
The last thing I saw before I blacked out, was blonde hair and shaggy black hair.

Chapter 11

I bolted upright, taking a deep breath. I was dry, and in a white room, which surprised me because everything else here is all gray.
Have I died? I thought. Maybe this was heaven.
Then, I saw a nurse and she was in her office. My shoulders slumped.
I felt good that I hadnt died.
I looked around.
There was big curtain pulled around my area but half wasnt pulled on the right.
I looked and saw cots and other curtains, and assisting nurses.
A nurse saw me, awake and came to me.
Her hair was in a bun, which was a shame because she had pretty auburn hair. Her outfit was nursey and gray.
She smiled. Her face was freckled lightly.
'' Are you feeling alright?'' she asked and I froze. I took a deep breath and then let it out. Nothing really hurt, I wiggled my fingers, my toes, wrists and my ankles.
My right ankle hurt whenever it was moved.
'' My right ankle.'' I told her and she looked at me sadly.
'' Yes, well, you may have to stay off it a few days. The monitoring band, when it got wet, it went crazy and sent too many electric sparks into you, mostly your ankle, which is extremely lucky, and it bruised up your ankle quite a bit. Nothings broken, just...irregular.'' she removed the sheet and I saw my ankle in wraps. There was a single heart on it.
I smiled.
'' So, when can I leave? Do I need crutches?'' I asked sitting against the wall behind me.
'' Most likely, tomorrow morning.'' she nodded.
'' How long was I out?'' I asked.
'' Well, after your accident, you slept through everything else. Its breakfast time.'' she informed me and I groaned.
'' Thanks.'' I grumbled and she smiled at me and left.
I closed my eyes and not a second later, there was a tap on my shoudler.
I opened my eyes and there in front of me, was a single black rose.
'' Thanks.'' I muttered taking a whiff. Ryan smiled.
'' You` dont seem happy.'' he observed and pulled up a chair.
'' I feel like I did that night. How did the monitoring band get back on my ankle, and did you see the blonde hair in the pool? What was that?'' I asked. Ryan coughed in that way that tells you something is wrong.
'' Ryan, what?'' I demanded knowing he knew something.
'' Well, um, the blonde hair was Marissa.'' he started.
'' Who?'' I asked.
'' One of Cherrys new posse member. She was the girl you popped the hair band in orientation. Shes dead, and it was definitley murder. She was gagged. '' my jaw dropped.
'' The ankle band?'' I asked.
'' Yeah, I dont know about that.'' he shrugged.
'' But, you should be glad you dont have to go back to your dorm. Its horrible. Me and Jordan still need to clean off your door.'' he rolled his eyes. My stomach felt tingly as I felt what was coming.
'' Everyone thinks I did it dont they? That I wanted to get revenge on Blondie, so I started ticking off her posse, warning her! Thats ridiculous.'' I exclaimed. Ryan looked at me.
'' Noone said anything about Cherry. They just said your....bad words that arent actually bad words.'' he finished. I looked at him.
'' You think I did it dont you?'' I asked him frightened. He didnt answer at first.
'' No, but they have real evidence, so, they`re putting another monitoring band on your other ankle. Thats actually why they sent me here.'' he said slowly rubbing his hands together.
'' Whos they?'' I asked getting mad.
'' The commitee. The police, the law, and the school. All part of the commitee. They sent me here to do this.'' and he pointed his finger at my left ankle and I felt the heavyness on my leg.
My eyes started to sting.
'' Ok.'' I whispered lamely. Ryan looked at me.
'' Are you-I should go. I`ll see you.'' he stood up and kissed my forehead and then left.
It felt like everything was happening all over again.
I just dont understand. I didnt even know the chicks name. She was just another blonde haired posse girl who followed Blondie around like a little puppydog. I mean, sure, its very clear Im not a big fan of blondes, but I dont kill them. Especially my best friend.
I dont kill at all!! It doesnt make any sense either. Even if people are thinking that since I dont really know Marissa, I didnt hang around her. I have guy friends. And anyways, why would I go around just randomly killing blondes because im not a blonde person. And, to make things worse, none of this would have never happened, if a) I wasnt charged for murdering my best friend, b) my best friend wasnt blonde c) I was normal d) Blondie didnt tattletale on me, making me late for gym class e) Jordan had deeper secrets I was dying to find out and f) there wasnt a pool in the middle of a track ring!! I mean, who puts a pool in the middle of a track ring? Its usually just field.
In the middle of all this thinking, I dozed off because I was thinking about track rings, and was suddenly frolicking through daisies.
Then, it started to thunderstorm and blondes fell out of the sky.
Then, I found Ryan who was dead and blonde, and I saw Kalee, alive.
I ran to her and hugged her but she was stiff.
I looked at her and realized she wasnt blinking. Just staring straight ahead.
She was a manican.
I bolted upright again, drenched in sweat. It was dark.
I had to get out of there.
I swung my legs over and waddled out of bed and toward the door.
I opened the door and was in the main hallway.
Walking past the elevator, and the Headmistresses office, straight outside.
It was pouring rain, and thunder and lightning was crackling through the air and clouds.
I stepped out of the shelter of the dorm house and let the icy rain drench me.
The rain was sharp. It hurt to be pelted, and it broke my skin a few times, but if I was a murderer, than I deserved it.
I walked straight to the cemetery and to the tree. Since I couldnt climb it, I sat under it.
I started to cry and then walked back into the open rain.
Looking up to the sky and letting the sharp rain hit my face. My lips parted as rain dripped in.
There was a flash of lightning and a crack.
'' SCARLETT!!" someone screamed. I spun around and saw Jordan running toward me.
I hear the crack again and looked up. The big branch was falling.
I tried to move, but, my ankles werent really helping me move fast enough.
'' SCARLETT!!" Jordan yelled and as he got closer, he gave me a good shove. There was another cackle of lightning and a big crash.
I coughed. He had got me right in the ribs.
I looked over and saw a extremely fat branch.
'' Jordan!'' I screamed. I couldnt see him.
I crawled over to the tree branch.
On the far end, Jordan had a branch the size of his body, was lying on his chest.
There was blood and then I started to sob.
'' Jordan, Jordan. Wake up Jordan!'' I screamed. I pushed and pushed and pushed and then tried to lift it but it fell on Jordans chest way too hard so I quit and pushed a few more times and finally got the branch to move.
I put my hands over my mouth.
He was covered in blood. It was drenching through his shirt and everywhere. I touched it tenderly staining my hands with his blood.
He coughed.
'' Jordan.'' I whispered taking his head in my hands. His nose was bleeding and he was spitting blood out of his mouth.
'' Scarlett. Im sorry.'' he whispered not even opening his eyes.
'' SCARLETT!!'' someone else screamed and I could hear other feet sloshing through the rain.
'' Jordan, dont please dont!! Jordan!'' I cried knowing it was useless.
I tried pumping his chest, but the only thing it got me was hands drenched with blood.
I grabbed my head and shook my head.
Ryan slid to my side and took one look at me and then Jordan.
I stroked Jordans cheek.
Then, I folded myself into Ryans arms, getting blood on his white t-shirt, not minding the fact that people had gathered around to see the horrible scene as the rain and lightening stopped.

'' What were you doing?'' my mom asked furiously.
'' You could of gotten yourself killed!'' my father exclaimed and I snorted.
'' Yeah`
, and instead I got one of my only friends killed. Again. Arent you just so happy that it wasnt your daughter?'' I asked sarcastically. My dad glared at me.
'' Honey,'' I cut him off.
'' Dont call me that. Im a psycho remember?'' I snapped.
'' Look, we`ve made mistakes like everyone else,'' I cut my mom off.
'' Oh, screw it!! ( never say that younglings!! ) You`ve made things far worse than mistakes mom. Just...leave.'' I crossed my arms.
'' Scarlett Miranda-'' Dad stopped when he saw I was mimicking him. Mom put a hand on his shoulder and he sighed.
'' Scarlett, please, Im begging, just listen. For once, listen to what we have to say, whether you like it or not, just please listen. Dig deep to find that one shred of patience you need to get you to listen to us. Please Scarlett, im begging you.'' she said softly. I frowned and sank deeper into my chair.
'' You know how deep I have to go?'' I muttered.
'' Do you know how thin that shred is? How unstable? '' I asked louder.
'' Scarlett,'' she said pleadingly. I sank deeper.
'' Fine. '' I grumbled.
We were in Headmistresses office. She left and let us talk things through.
After what happened last night, they had called my parents and told them about my two new near death experiences.
'' I know we`ve made some mistakes,'' she said clearly hoping I wouldnt interrupt. I blinked.
'' But, we`re sorry. We didnt realize that you were important and special ,and I know thats a lame excuse, but its all I can come up with. Your gonna have to stay here, but we know your not a murderer ok? If thats what you want, you have it. We truthfully dont think your a murderer. Thats all I have to say.'' she finished. I bit my lip, chewing on it.
'' Fine. Thank you for coming. Are you coming for Parents Day on Sunday? Its Friday. You have time to schedule it right?'' I asked.
'' Absolutely.'' my mom reassured and my dad nodded.
I stood up. They did too.
'' No hugging. You know its not allowed.'' I grumbled as mom approached me. She looked disappointed but smiled politely.
I smiled back.
Ryan was waiting for me outside and took my hand as I walked out.
We hadnt spoken much after last night. He took his shirt to the investigators, because they think I murdered Jordan too. ( Im just a person who murders all kinds of blondes!!!! ughh )
'' Goodbye Scarlett. No more near-death experiences please.'' mom said kissing my forehead.
'' Remember we love you. Our miss attitude.'' my dad said giving me a wink. I actually smiled.
After they left, I turned and Ryan hugged me.
'' Im sorry.'' he whispered in my hair.
'' My room.'' I told him and pulled away.
We walked to the elevator and took it up to my floor, and then to my room.
'' Scarlett, why were you out there?'' he asked a moment later. I sighed. I knew everyone was gonna question me. Again.
'' I had a nightmare, about Kalee. Then I woke up, and I had to escape from that nurses office. I just.....couldnt take it. So, I went to the cemetery. To the tree. I didnt care about the rain , or anything. I thought I deserved it.'' I paused taking in a shuddering breath.
'' At first, I was just sitting under the tree, then I stepped out to let the rain just....cover me. Then I heard a big thunder of lightning and a crack. I just though it was a little branch, not like half the tree. Then Jordan called my name. I heard the crack again and looked up. The branch was falling, and with my hurt ankle, and banded ankle, I just wasnt moving fast enough. Then, Jordan shoved me out of the way, and.....and......'' I couldnt go on. It was all too much. I shook my head trying to get it all out of my head.
'' There was just so much blood.'' I whispered and clenched my fists tight.
'' You didnt need to tell me all that.'' Ryan mumured coming to my side.
He held me.
'' Nothings ever gonna be normal.'' I muttered into his Axe smelling shirt.
'' When was anything normal.'' his hot breath washed through my ponytailed hair.
I laughed softly.
'' Good point.'' it was silent again.
I looked up into Ryans eyes. Thats when it caught my eye.
I saw the blue rim as easily as you would see me in a crowd of blondes.
'' Ryan?'' I asked and he looked worried.
'' What?'' he asked. I tilted my head to the side and looked closer.
Like, kissing range closer. Like, our lips were mashed together, but our eyes were wide open, which isnt kissing.
I gasped and jumped back.
'' What?!" Ryan asked surprised.
'' Your wearing contacts!'' I squealed and he looked at me like, you didnt notice that.
'' You thought that green was my actual eye color?'' he asked. I couldnt get over my shock.
'' Well, yeah!! It made sense!'' I told him crossing my legs.
'' Your eyes look completely uncontacty. Mine are too bright to be natural. I thought you knew.'' he shrugged.
'' So, what color are you eyes then?'' I asked and he avoided my gaze for a strong minute.
'' You dont need to know.'' he finally answered. My eyes narrowed.
'' Im starting to think this school isnt just a Juvenile Detention. Before I fell into the pool, Jordan was thinking, more like wondering, if I had figured it out yet, and I havent which makes me think, figure out what?'' I told him and Ryan went pale.
'' Ryan, do you know what Jordan was talking about?'' I asked cautiously.
'' Ryan, tell me.'' I could tell by his face he knew, and that it wasnt something good.
Then, I blinked and he was gone.
'' Well. A, doesnt he know its just rude to pop out like that? And b, well, theres something bigger going on at this school, and Im gonna find out what.'' I muttered and thats exactly what I did.
The next day, I questioned the all the students at Juvenile Asylum, which was the weirdest thing I`ve done since I`ve been here, besides the fact, that incedentely, I murdered two blondes.
I did get weird stuff from a certain group of repeats.
They were in the rec hall, chilling, thankful for the beginning of Saturday.
They were punk gothic, pink, and blue, and orange and yellow, hair and the rest all black.
I walked up to them and smiled.
'' What you want murderer?'' a pink haired one had asked. My smile flattered.
'' Look here cotton candy and her rainbow pack, I just want some answers. '' I`d said. I was going to say, I wasnt a murderer but I didnt want to argue with multicolored heads.
'' Impressive.'' Pinky had said. I smiled sarcastically.
'' Fine. Im Jewel. Shoot.'' she had motioned for me to proceede. I smiled geniunly.
'' Thanks. Ok, well, your repeats right?'' I asked. Jewel and her crew nodded.
'' How many times?'' I`d asked.
'' 2nd for all of us. Its a special year.'' she smiled politely and so did everyone else. I had frowned.
'' Are the classes different? Like, special classes just for repeats?'' I asked.
'' Of course. You may not know it yet, but this isnt just a psycho ward. Its something a whole lot more. '' a blue haired, ringed faced, guy told me smiling. I turned to him.
'' What do you mean?'' I asked.
'' Look, forget it. We dont need you murdering us rainbows.'' a yellow haired one snapped at me.
'' Look here, nerd, '' she stopped me.
'' Im not a nerd.'' she sneered. I`d smiled.
'' I was talking about the candy. ''
'' Good, cause im really sweet.'' she smiled blowing me a kiss.
'' Yeah, and sour. Wanna throw away your material, cause it aint fresh.'' I shook my head and she stood up to come and get in my face.
'' Wanna go charcoal? '' she asked picking up a strand of my hair and dropped it.
'' I dont know, I dont want to wipe out our dye. '' I tugged on a yellow strand. She`d snorted.
'' Talk about dye streak.'' she tugged on my white bangs.
'' Talk about dying.'' she narrowed her eyes.
'' Are you threatening me?'' she said.
'' If you are sweet, you`d take it as a compliment. Oh, yes. I am. I have nothing better to do than kick nerd butt.'' I shrugged.
'' Ok, break it up.'' an orange haired girl came up.
'' I got this. Go.'' yellow said between her teeth.
'' No. Because im pretty sure orange comes before yellow in the rainbow. So, listen to your elder.'' I smiled, blew a kiss, then walked away.
I was almost to the ground when I`d turned back.
'' Oh ya, I hope you guys change your hair on St. Pattys day, because the leprachaun wont be happy when he comes to place his pot of gold.'' I smiled as yellow made a start toward me.
I`d hopped off the bleachers just in time to utter a doorway spell, so she was trapped on the bleachers.
So now, I am walking out of the rec hall, surprised I had the St. Pattys thing in there.
Then, I like burst into laughter.
I walk back to the dorms, saving the worst repeat for last.
I knocked.
'' What?'' she asked obviously annoyed. I forced a friendly smile.
'' Hey, Blondie, can I ask you some questions?'' I asked. She looked down at her nails.
'' Im kinda busy. '' she opened the door a little wider, then shut it completely, but not before I saw Ryan.
My mind went black as I walked to the elevator.
As soon as I was safely out of the building, I started to think.
I was mad at Ryan, so why should I care if he hung out with Blondie in her room? Plus, Ryan wouldnt do that to me. I hope. Also, Ryan seems to be fed up with Blondies attempts at a relationship. But, there was no doubt Blondie wanted to flaunt it to me to make me jealous, because I thought I had him. Hm. Maybe that was the wrong choice of words.
Because I thought he was mine. Ryan was obviously a prize here. But, I wasnt interested in playing a game. Next.
Got it. There was no doubt Blondie wanted to flaunt it to me to make me jealous, because I was just overexcited or something that he picked me.
Which was why I didnt need to worry. Ryan had chosen me, instead of Blondie, and I should be an awesome girlfriend and trust Ryan. I mean, I know I cant, but when it comes to girls, I think I can. Especially Blondie. Blondie was.....Blondie, and Blonde.
I mean, her name isnt Blondie if shes not blonde! ( Cherry is her name, but she sounds like a women bartender )
Ryan wouldnt go for a girl like Blondie. Shes just so.......I dunno, blonde I guess.
I stopped thinking to look where my feet had taken me and was standing by the murderous branch.
I spun and ran away, because it was too much.

I started to really breathe once I was back in the dorms, but I stopped thinking about anything that wasnt in front of me.
I started thinking about the creaky elevator and what might happen if it broke down.
Then, why everyone got their own dorm rooms. Then, when I got to my room, I blasted my music to Blondies distaste level and thought about getting tickets to a Paramore concert, which I actually looked into it.
10 minutes after I looked into concert tickets, there was a knock on my door.
I pouted because I expected Blondie to pound.
'' Except she sent someone else to do her dirty work.'' I muttered as Ryan smiled at me.
'' Tell Blondie to deal with it before I deal with her face ok?'' I answered thinking that was what he was here for.
He stuck his foot in the door to keep me from closing it.
'' This isnt Up. Shove off.'' I growled. I was surprised by my meaness. But I didnt think about it.
'' Your upset about Cherry,'' he started but I sighed.
'' No, im not. I trust you. Like a good girlfriend should.'' I muttered and tried to shove the door closed.
'' Scarlett!'' he cried and I stopped shoving.
'' What? You want in too? Fine.'' I opened the door to let him in, and then bounding in behind him, is the devil herself, Blondie.
'' No. No way. Stay out.'' I stopped her.
'' Why? Afraid of whats in there?'' she asked.
'' I dont need you contaminating any of my things, Blondie.'' I emphasized Blondie for a reason. She just walked in.
I groaned. I slammed my door and leaned against it, crossing my arms.
'' Ok, what? Why the party at my place? Huh?'' I asked really pissed off.
'' Any party you throw, would be lame, because all your murderer friends are in jail.'' she smirked like I was actually upset about that.
'' Um, 1, that was totally lame, I thought it was funny that you actually put some effort into something. 2, any party you throw, would be a stripper party with a name like yours. Cherry.'' I smiled as her jaw dropped.
'' Ok, break it up. We`re not here to fight ok?'' Ryan said hosing us off. I sunk to the floor, still on my door.
'' Then, why are you here Ryan? Enlighten me.'' I raised my shoulders in excitement.
'' I wanted you to turn down your music.'' Blondie spoke up. My shoulders slumped back down.
'' Was I talking to you bartender? Wanna change your name to Bambi? It was such an adorable movie.'' I said and smiled again. I could practically see Blondies blood rushing to her face in anger.
I turned back to Ryan.
'' We came to invite you to the after-party welcoming party.'' he said sighing. I laughed.
'' You came. She wanted to tag-along. Like a girl scout cookie. I bet you were such a cute girl scout, until you went to stripper school. Or is it bar school? Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.'' I shrugged. Blondie was losing it, I could tell. Her face was all red, and her eyes were bugging out. It was like watching a cartoon.
'' Are you gonna go or not?'' Ryan asked obviously frustrated with us. I shrugged.
'' I`ll see if I can make it.'' I smiled up at Ryan. Blondie snorted.
'' As if you had something better to do. I just want to make sure you dont murder anymore blondes.'' she smirked, thinking she finally hit my weak spot. Not quite there yet.
'' Why? Wanna be next?'' I asked grimly. She shrugged.
'' Isnt the pattern, girl, girl, boy? '' she asked. I stood up slowly, trying to keep my temper in check.
'' Im going to try to tell this to you calmly, so I dont fly off the handle. I dont kill blondes. I might make an exception for you, but Im not a murderer. So, you better shut your mouth about it this second and get out of my dorm.'' I said and I knew she wasnt going to do it. She smiled.
'' Didnt you fly off the handle to kill 3 blondes? Didnt you make them an exception too? '' she asked. I smiled.
'' Fine. If you wanna play that game, lets go. Stripper. What, was your mom president of the club so you were the star? What about your dad? A customer?'' I asked. I knew I`d taken it a little below the belt, but she deserved it. I wasnt going to deal with her crap anymore.
Blondie turned red again.
'' Shut. Up.'' she said slowly.
'' What about your brother and sister? You have them right? Im pretty sure you do. Your sister looks up to you and is going to New York to work in one of the slezziest bars there. Ohh, doesnt she learn from the best? Your brother? Older right? Are you trying to impress him? Is that why your here and hes locked up? '' I asked. I was just getting further and further below the belt, but right now, I was having fun.
Blondie was getting redder, and redder.
'' You better can it. Now. I will not hesitate to kill you.'' she whispered threatingly.
'' With what? Your stripper belt? No thanks, I dont want slut wiped all over me.'' I shrugged.
'' Thats it!!'' she yelled and I expected her to charged forward, but she took a step and then Ryan took a step and then tight hands closed around my throat.
I grasped them as I sputtered and coughed, and they were there, they were just invisible.
'' Cherry!!'' Ryan yelled as Blondies hands were in a strangle hold. I understood now.
Her hands were on my neck, just not on my neck.
She was smiling. Ryan was trying to break her focus or something.
Her eyes were a glowing blue, and her eye color today was white.
'' You wanna take that back murderer?'' she said in a robotic voice, backed up with her real voice.
Her hands loosened so I could barely speak.
'' Which part? All of it? I cant lie Blondie. Those werent lies.'' I sputtered and she squeezed tighter.
'' Im.......not..........a.......mo............p!'' I sputtered as she like, wrung me out.
Black spots were starting to fill my vision, and my lungs were in fire.
3 near death experiences in 3 days. Hm. Not bad.
She laughed.
'' This is fun.'' she chuckled and squeezed tighter.
'' Take it back.'' she instructed. I felt as if my neck had been crushed.
I stopped struggling, too weak enough already. The black spots were everywhere now and I could barely see anything.
I felt weak and useless, and I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep.
I started to close my eyes, then they fluttered as the squeezing continued.
Then, the squeezing stopped and I could breathe.
I dropped to my knees, coughing and gasping for air. I touched my forehead to the carpet, then looked through my hair slightly to see Blondie in my same position.
Guess almost murdering someone takes alot out of you.
I rolled to my back and closed my eyes. Blondie was coughing and was on her back, curled into a fetal position.
'' Ow.'' she coughed. Ryan was comforting her. Rubbing her back and whispering stuff in her ear.
'' Ow.'' she moaned. I caught tears falling from her eyes.
'' Aw, hell.'' I muttered and crawled weakly over. Niether of them looked up at me as I approached.
'' Is she ok?'' I whispered hoarsely. Niether of them responded.
''Ryan, ow!!'' she whined.
'' Shh, shh. You can get through it. You can get through it. '' he whispered. It seemed like he was talking more to himself than to Blondie.
Blondie was obviously in some serious pain. The tears were like an ocean on her face, and she was rocking back and forth, and moaning. It made me hurt.
My throat burned and I was still a little breathless, but Blondies seemed to be in much more and complicated pain.
But my pain seemed a little unbearable, but I swallowed, which hurt, and told myself to suck it up.
Blondie broke into sobs.
'' Make it stop! Make it stop!'' she cried and Ryan looked terrified. I was terrified too. She looked in way too much pain to be the Blondie I know.
'' Can I help?'' I asked. She just looked in serious pain, and I keep saying it again and again and again but its true. Just some serious serious pain.
'' No. We just have to let it.......run its course.'' Ryan growled, obviously upset.
'' Run its course? Is it gonna kill her?'' I whispered.
'' Lets hope not.'' he growled angrily and then pulled Blondie into him and rocked her back and forth.
'' Go to the nurse and get a bag of ice. When you see Autumn, tell her you need Cherrys ice. You need the regular bag of ice first, got it? Get a regular bag of ice, then go to Autumn.'' he instructed. I nodded and scrambled up, leaving my dorm barefoot.
I ran to the elevator, and waited impatiently for the elevator.
I checked my watch. 4. 3 hours until the welcoming party. Then the after-party.
The elevator dinged, and I hopped in and angrily pushed the main level floor.
A cool hand touched mine to stop it.
I looked up. I screamed.
It was Jordan. He was somewhat see-through, transparent, but he was there, and he was smiling. But, when I screamed he stopped.
'' Scarlett? Its me, Jordan.'' he reached out to touch me, and I dodged him, squealing.
'' No. Your......d-d-dead.'' I stammered. The elevator dinged and he sighed.
He reached out to stroke my face and I froze, as he left behind soft trial of ice. Then he vanished.
I was close to blacking out, but I remembered my mission and ran past the Headmistresses office, straight toward the nurses office.
I entered the white room and flagged down the first nurse I could find.
'' I...need.....ice.'' I gasped. Through the running and the strangling, and the screaming, I was short of so much air supply, I had asthma.
I got the bag of ice.
'' Um, can I speak to Autumn?'' I asked and the nurse nodded.
I saw auburn hair walking toward me, in that pitiful bun.
'' Yes?'' she asked as she saw me.
'' I need Cherrys ice.'' I said. She gave me a once over.
'' Its urgent. Ryan sent me. He`s taking care of her. Shes in serious pain.'' I explained and she gasped.
'' I told her not to use her powers.'' I heard her mutter and followed her over to a big wall, with shelves full of stuff. On the side was a minifridge.
She opened it, then pushed a button and the minifridge opened to reveal another minifridge.
It was full of things like blood, and thermos cups filled with who knows what.
Then, she took the regular ice, and replaced it with a same sized bag, with the same amount of ice.
Except, the ice was glowing red. Then, she handed me a thermos bottle labeled, Cherry.
'' Go.'' she gave me a starting push and I ran.
I waited for the elevator, then stepped in, grateful to have another person in the elevator so a ghost wouldnt come and harrass me.
I ran to my room, and burst through the door.
Blondie was like, drenched in sweat, and now she was spazzing out. Jerking around and making weird noises, and drooling.
I shut the door behind me and slid over to Ryan.
'' She gave me a thermos bottle.'' I shrugged. He took the ice without a word, and cupped Blondies hands.
He put a few ice cubes in them. He took the rest if them and put them on her neck and forehead, and they just stuck there. Like glue, while they melt.
He uncapped the thermos bottle, and a sweet, flowery, aroma filled the room.
He let her drink out of it, and her body was calm.
About an hour and a half later, I was curled into a ball, when Ryan shook me.
'' Im awake.'' I muttered. I rolled over to see Blondie knocked out. For the moment of course.
I sighed a breath of relief. I turned back away from her, and curled back into my ball position.
'' You ok?'' he asked softly. I shrugged.
'' Im not short of air supply, so I guess im fine.'' I responded lightly.
'' You were really worried about her huh?'' I asked softly. He didnt answer so I let it go.
It was quiet.
'' What time are we going to the welcome party?'' I asked closing my eyes.
'' Soon hopefully. As soon as Cherry`s ok.'' he said. He sounded exhaustified.
'' Ok. ''
It was quiet again. I didnt dare ask him, what exactly was this school, and Blondies power. It was obviously tough.
He was kissing me. I kissed him back for a moment, a little surprised.
Blondie coughed behind me and he went to her.
'' Have we missed the party? '' she asked hoarsely. I rolled around and looked at her.
She looked terrible.
Ryan chuckled lightly.
'' No. We were just getting ready to go.'' he kissed her forehead and it was more of a brotherly love kiss. Not that I minded who he kissed.
'' Your not going anywhere looked like that.'' I said and stood up. I pulled down my makeup bag, my hair brush, and a cup and toothpaste and an extra toothbrush.
I first brushed her teeth, then had Ryan throw everything away. Then, I redid her makeup. Ryan went and got new contacts for her eyecolor. For some reason, I wasnt allowed to see her real eye color either. Hm.
Anyways, I brushed through her soft, silky, blonde hair and put it in a messy bun for the moment. Then, I sent Ryan packing, to give us some girl time.
I grabbed a mini leather skirt, and a bright pink, lacy, spagetthi straped tank top, and a leather jacket that had a collar, and stopped just below her breasts, for Blondie. I found the bright pink strappy heels that I packed for some reason, though pink was my hated color.
I put on tight leather booty shorts, a same tank top, except black, same leather jacket and rockin` hot black heels.
I put my hair in a high ponytail, with just my white bangs in front. I also applied my makeup.
I put Blondies hair into a high ponytail too.
I sprayed like, half my bottle of perfume and we walked through it.
I smiled at her. Then, she handed me a pair of skinny jeans. I see she already had a pair of pink sparkly ones.
'' We have to stay in dress code at the welcome party. But afterwards...'' she trailed off, so I shrugged and pulled on the jeans.
There was a knock on my door.
I answered it.
'' Wow. You guys look great.'' Ryan said his eyes running over our attire.
'' You too.'' I ammended. It wasnt much, but he rocked it completely.
Black skinny jeans, a hoodie with a v-neck underneath, im pretty sure. Black Justin Biebers shoes, that smile, those mysterious, fake green eyes, and that shaggy hair thats always in front of his face.
Sigh. Is he smokin` or what?
'' You ok?'' he asked Blondie. I pushed her out and locked my door as we made our way to the elevator.
I didnt pay attention enough to listen to her answer. I was controlling my emotions and thoughts.
We walked out of the dorm house, and toward the rec hall.
We stepped in and I gasped.
The rec hall transformed, yet again, to like a nightclub. Now, of course, there were chaperones, and designated punch, but that was the after-party, I supposed.
They were pumping a mix of rap and pop and dance and rock and just everything.
Blondie waved toward a really pink group of blondes.
As soon as she was gone, I took Ryans hand.
'' Punch?'' he asked as we weaved through the crowd toward the snack table.
'' Nah. No alcohol in it, aint for me.'' I said looking around.
The bleachers were still there, and there were a bunch of couples, spread out everywhere making out.
'' Hm. '' I clutched Ryan closer.
'' Teleport.'' I squeezed my eyes closed. I opened them, expecting to be right back where I was, since I hadnt told him where exactly I wanted to go. But, I opened my eyes, and we were sitting on the back row of some bleachers.
I turned to him.
'' I dont know what exactly happened in my room,'' he was gonna interrupt me but I put my hand over his mouth.
'' Let me finish.'' I said and moved my hand.
'' But, im letting it go. Everything I saw, what happened, the eye color thing. All things come to those who wait, and im pretty sure that relates to questions and answers too.'' I added the last part, hoping I was saying it right. But I wasnt finished.
'' And Im not......jealous about how much you care for Blondie. Thats fine. But, I trust you, and I know that, you love me. Not her. Ok? So, dont worry about it.'' I finished. He smiled.
'' I dont know what to say honestly. My minds kinda blank.'' he said and I scooted over and he held me.
'' Just kiss me.'' I murmured and he did.
Katy Perry`s Firework started to play and I broke apart from him and squeezed my eyes shut.
We were on the dance floor. I smiled. Then, we danced.