Unstable | Teen Ink

Unstable

June 21, 2013
By ClosertotheEdge BRONZE, Smithfield, Virginia
ClosertotheEdge BRONZE, Smithfield, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
~Anonymous


Summary:

Ava Anderson's life is far from normal. She is stuck with one leg, all due to her neurological, tumor-causing disoder, Neurofibromatosis. This led her to the Special-Needs class, when she really should be with the other kids . Every day Ava is looked at strangely, because she is different. Fortunately, she has her best friend Jerry and fellow classmates who are always by her side, and who also understand the rude people and pain society hands them on a daily basis.

However, Ava's ninth grade year promises big changes. And these changes aren't exactly good. The bullying worsens, and she finds herself losing people she loves dearly, as well as facing the ones who left her in the past. Ava has always handled her depression and the taunts thrown at her well, but will this year be too much? Will she continue to withstand the hurt and bullying, or will the monster deep inside her and all around society finally cause her to break?


ClosertotheEdge

Unstable


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.