Japanese Brothers | Teen Ink

Japanese Brothers

May 23, 2019
By jakedolci, Georgetown, Massachusetts
More by this author
jakedolci, Georgetown, Massachusetts
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

My journey of sports

It all started in kindergarten when I picked up a baseball bat for the first time in my life, I liked baseball a lot and enjoyed playing with my friends. I played baseball up until 3rd grade and had a great time playing it until I started getting bored of standing around and the slowness of the game. I didn't notice that this sport wasn't for me until I made the 5th grade all star team as a 3rd grader, this destroyed my confidence and I was always scared when going up to hit. The 5th graders at the time felt way bigger than I was and I used to get extremely nervous before games and practices due to the wild pitching of the older kids. This put a lot of pressure on me when I was up next and standing in the batter's box. During an all star practice I got hit with a wild pitch in the thumb and it shattered my thumb leaving me in extreme pain, my dad was there and I walked over to him saying “I don't want to play anymore” my dad responded by saying “okay, that's completely fine. All I ask for is if you can finish the rest of the season?” I said “yes I can finish the rest of the season.” I ended up finishing out both the all star season and the little league season. Towards the end of the season for little league they host a home run derby at American Legion Park which is right next to my house, this was my favorite part of the season and i got very excited seeing what prizes they had to offer. My dad and I walked down when it was my teams turn to hit. We were looking at the prizes and points needed to earn these prizes. The prizes that caught my eye immediately were the lacrosse stick and lacrosse net, this sport seemed very fun and most of my friends played which really helped me make the transition from baseball to lacrosse. I ended up getting enough points to earn both prizes and was the most excited in my whole entire life. I waited and waited for these prizes to get delivered to my house, when after one week I received them. I immediately had my dad help me set up the net so I could try it out. Once it was set up I grabbed my stick and went outside to shoot, I spent about 2 hours shooting on the net and fell in love with the sport. When I went inside after shooting my dad had already signed me up for lacrosse and I had my first game within the week. This also made me nervous just because it was my first game ever playing lacrosse. I got a bunch of new gear to play in the game on sunday. I waited the whole week and finally the day has come, my first ever lacrosse game! I studied and watched film all week to get to know the positions better, this helped me a lot when it came time to play. My grandparents, mom, dad and sister all went to the game to watch me play for the first time. I ended up doing great and picked it up very quickly.  I knew this was going to be my sport from the first game I played in. After that first game I didn't let go of my stick for months upon months and constantly held onto it wherever I went. This helped me tremendously because it allowed for me to get my stick skills down and the practice I needed. My stick was like my 3rd arm at this point, I didn't go anywhere without it and I always wanted to improve. Throughout the season I did better and better every single time I stepped on the field and it showed. After that I never stopped playing and had no idea it would bring me so much more than just playing a game. Lacrosse has helped me in so many different ways for example, making friends/meeting new people that I will always have in my life, allowed me to travel to places that I possibly would have never went to such as Colorado, it gave me opportunities to showcase myself, taught me so many life lessons that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and lastly it gave me opportunities that I would never imagine having and that is playing lacrosse in college. Lacrosse has also given me that extra drive to be positive outside of the sport and with school.


Japanese Brothers

It was 1941, and two japanese brothers were in an abandoned city as it had just been bombed by United States aircrafts. They came out of their bunker to see the city absolutely destroyed. They looked through all the buildings and could only find the bodies of loved ones, and people that they didn’t know. The sky was still ashy from the bombs and they would both cough every few seconds as they would breathe in the dusty air. All the food in the super markets were gone as the military took them for the troops, and they only had a few more days worth of food left before they would run out. There was no way of communicating to anyone and no one knew they were there, as everyone was presumed to have been killed in the bombings. They had three loaves of bread, two canteens of water, and a case of beer left. They agreed they had to start going to a different town in order to survive, so the headed off to the north, as they knew there was a town a few miles up through a forest. They decided that they would spend the rest of the day looking for people, and then start to leave at nightfall. Neither of them were afraid of animals, and they both had katanas anyways incase they were to see an animal, or a potential dinner. They found no one, but found cans of beans, ravioli, and three canteens of water. They decided to get going on their journey, and the older brother, Lee, decided to drink a few beers.

It was dark, but the moonlight was able to shine through the trees to provide them light. They saw huge spiders nest, dead, rotten horses, and other terrifying creatures. They saw a house, and they both agreed they were tired, and should probably rest, but the younger brother, Ming, said that they should probably keep going, as they don’t know how far they are going, and that they should get there as fast as possible in case they find another abandoned city. Lee, however, heard a flute coming from the house. He started walking towards the house without Ming noticing. He saw a lady in a black dress walking around and playing the music. He walked through the door and tried talking to her. She didn’t respond and he tried to go up to her. She turned around and continued playing the flute, and Lee felt it was harder to move around. He felt that the music was wrapping around him, preventing him from moving any body parts. The lady got closer and he couldn’t move at all, and couldn’t even talk, or scream for help. She kept walking around him and playing her music, with each note strangling him even more. Ming realized that he was alone outside, and assumed that Lee had gone inside, so called out. When he didn’t get a response back, he knew that something was wrong. He bolted inside to see Lee was being wrapped by a 20 foot pit viper. He was able to act quickly and took out his katana and sliced the snakes head off, which allowed Lee to be freed. Lee realized that there was no lady, and was confused when he saw the snakes body around him. He realized that he drank too much, that caused him to hallucinate and let his guard down. Ming was mad at him for drinking all the beer and almost dying, but was glad that he still survived the snake attack. This instantly woke them both up, and they continued their journey. When they finally got to the town that they were looking for, they found that the town was untouched, and they were able to receive all the help they needed, including the broken bones the Lee got from the viper constrictions. They were able to live in the small town, with fear that they would be bombed again, but also knew that the chance that such a small town would be bombed was low, so they stayed there to live the rest of their life.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.