My sister and I | Teen Ink

My sister and I

December 20, 2019
By rmeunier BRONZE, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
More by this author
rmeunier BRONZE, Wilbraham, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

One thing about my piece is it is a blended essay son it switches from the story through the whole thing.

My sister and I

“Taylor what are these?” Emma says pointing to a green box on the corner of the white dresser. 

“ They’re sticky frogs,” Taylor says as Emma opens the box and pulls out a green frog. As she pokes at it, her finger sticks and then unsticks.

“ What are you supposed to do with them?” Emma asks as I get up and walk over to grab one. I grab a dark blue one from the center of the box.

“ Watch,” I say throwing it at the wall. The frog hits the wall and sticks. Its body plastered to the wall. 

“ That's so weird,” Emma says, throwing the green frog in her hand at the wall. As she throws it, I walkover and grab the blue frog hanging on the wall. 

“Careful they don't stay on the wall for too long because they start to leave a mark,” Taylor says. 

“Ok ,” I say, throwing mine up into the air. I backup to catch it as it stops right where it is hanging from the ceiling. “ Um mines a little stuck,” I say pointing to the blue frog hanging from the ceiling. 


▲🔻▲


 Mom I’m going outside to make Taylor’s christmas present,” I say sitting down on the chair in the corner of the small office.

Walking out of the room I grab a small slip of paper sitting on the desk. Scribbled  on the paper is a rough draft of Taylor’s gift. A small board is drawn in the center with rows of hooks  on the bottom, at the top of the board big letters spell out Taylor. As I walk outside I start getting excited. I can't wait to see her reaction when she opens her gift. She has been asking for a place to hang all of her gymnastics medals so they don't have to stay in a bucket getting all tangled together. 

 

 

🔺🔻🔺


Pulling a chair over next to the colorful bed, I step up and grab the frog hanging from the ceiling. As I peel it off, it stretches, making its face all stretched out. We all start laughing and pointing at the weird appearance of the frog. As I hop off the chair, Taylor throws a purple frog onto the ceiling all the way on the other side of the room. As I drag the chair over to the frog , Emma and Taylor start throwing as many sticky frogs as they can in all directions onto the ceiling. As all of them hit the ceiling like rockets, they burst out laughing at the sight of dozens of frogs stuck to the ceiling.

“ Taylor you have to help get them down to.”

🔺🔻🔺

 Walking out into the garage I grab the big shopping bag leaning against the door. Carrying the bag out and laying it on the ground. As I put the bag down I lay down a wooden box and a big piece of plastic to cover the grass. As I sit down on the piece of plastic I can feel the cold grass through it. I start removing all of the stuff from the bag spray paint: wooden letters, glue, and a giant circle piece of wood. Spreading  all the materials out I getting ready to paint the board. I start by peeling the plastic off of the board and taking the coral cap off of the can of spray paint. Laying the board down on the box I stand up grabbing the spray paint and taking a big step back.


🔺🔻🔺

“Taylor, how are we going to get all of these off of the ceiling?” I say pointing up at the doozens of frogs stuck to the ceiling.

“ By standing on a chair,” she says, grabbing the blue chair and dragging it across the room to the yellow frog on the ceiling. Stepping onto the chair, she swings her arms up knocking another one off the ceiling onto the floor.

“See,” she said pointing to the yellow frog on the ground. 

“ Taylor, that’s going to take forever to get them all down.” 

“ Well it would be faster if Emma helped,” Taylor says, pointing over to the bed where Emma is laying down.

“ Hey,” Emma says sitting up.

“ What? You’re not even helping,” Taylor says sliding the chair over and knocking another frog off the ceiling. 

“Well what do you want me to do?” Emma says getting up off of the bed.

 When a yell comes echoing from down stairs:“Dinner time,” we all stand and start running downstairs. 

“Last one to the kitchen, has to get all of the frogs off the ceiling” Taylor says turning and sprinting down the stairs.  

🔺🔻🔺


 As I start spray painting the piece of wood, a big gust of wind blows the pink spray through the air. Once the whole thing is covered in paint, I start pulling a bunch of white letters out of a plastic bag and lining them up  to spell her name . I start glueing them on top of the board, spacing them out evenly. After glueing them on, I start screwing in dozens of small white hooks in two small lines at the bottom of the board. Once all of the hooks are screwed in I start putting everything back into the bag. Walking back into the house I lay the shopping bag back up against the door but this time laying the rack next to it. I see the big letters on the top spelling out T-A-Y-L-O-R.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.