St. Croix Night | Teen Ink

St. Croix Night

St. Croix night. Cale jumps up and down with excitement, he’s wearing his gymshark long sleeve on the cold and cloudy night. He sees something that excites him. He screams, “Pizza!” as he sees the pizza place on the corner of the block. Everyone yells, “Of course he wants pizza!” Cale slouches in disappointment because he hates being bullied for his eating habits. Cale continues to plead to the friends about how much he wants pizza, “Guyyysss, can we get pizzzaaaa, please.” He finally gets his desired answer, and Cooper says, “Yes Cale, I guess we can get pizza.” and the three head to the pizza place. 
During the long walk to the pizza place, they argue about who can eat the most pizza. Although they all say, “I can eat the most pizza.” they all know Cale can eat the most. They all realize this simultaneously and say, “Ah, never mind, we all know it’s Cale.” As expected, Cale reacts like they all knew he would, screaming and making outrageous noises like “DUUUUHHHHHHH” and “REEEEEEEEE” because that’s what he does. 
Once they reach the pizza place, they grab a booth and sit down. Devin asks, “Cale, you gettin' an extra large pizza for yourself?” Devin lets out a little chuckle as he says it. Of course, Cale had to retaliate by giving Devin a friendly slap in the face. “Alright, guys let’s just get along and eat our food,” Cooper tells the group. After the beef settles, they all decide on two medium-sized meat-lovers pizzas. The pizzas didn’t last long. Even after they finished eating, they were still hungry. Once again, Cale suggests they should get more food somewhere else by saying, “I know we're all still hungry; let’s get some Dons.” Cooper says, “Yeah, I’m down for that.” And so the inevitable happens. They drive over to Dons in Cale’s musty car. His car is musty because of his dirty gym clothes and garbage. As they enter the Chevy, they complain about the smell. “Ew, why does it smell so awful in here?” Cale responds, “It is not that bad, guys. Come on.” He knows it’s that bad and just won’t admit it. 
As they drive under the golden arches fantasizing about their gluttony shouting things like “its bulk season” and “Cale is going to eat the menu”, and they walked inside the kiosk to order their food. 
Cale and Cooper got a 20-piece Mcnugget meal and a double quarter pounder with cheese and a large iced tea. Devin only got a 10-piece meal. Devin continued to tease them for buying so much food, even after eating the pizza. After they sit down with their food, they argue about fantasy football trades. “Keenan Allen is way better than Derrick Henry,” Devin says to Cooper in an annoyed voice. Cooper tells Devin, “I can’t trade with you because you overvalue your players and undervalue everyone else’s.” They go on and on at each other while Cale just sits there and devours his food, being grateful he’s not being made fun of. Once they finish their food, they return to Cale’s car to drive back to the school. On the way back, Cooper says, “I’ll get aux.” And they vibe out to artists like Drake, 21 Savage, Travis Scott, and Lil Baby. Their drive back to the school is over before they know it, and they are tired of each other. Cooper and Devin said, “Yeah, I’m outta here.” as they left Cale’s smelly car.