My Invisible Sanctuary | Teen Ink

My Invisible Sanctuary

February 27, 2011
By xXxIvyxXx BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts
More by this author
xXxIvyxXx BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
—Gandhi


Author's note: Rebellion is a cry for help.

The author's comments:
It goes by people's Point Of View. We start with Dante, then Elena, Alex, and Leonarda.

"Mr. Anderson! I suggest you but that away or your mom and parole officer is gonna have to visit the school for the 7th time. Put it away, now!" I open my eyes to see Mrs. Summer scowling at me. I roll my eyes and ignore her, and take another drag of my cigarette. She won't call my mother. I know she wont. Because if she did, me and my buddies might have a little fun with her car again. Give it a new paint job instead of that new, spotless green paint. She already knows the consequences if she even spoke to my mom or parole officer. Hack, she even got to see it. I chuckle at her standing there waiting for me to stop. With one last chuckle, I throw the cigarette on the floor and step on it, putting the flame out. "Listen, old lady. You can't stop me from doing things I want to do. Besides, it's none of your f*ing buisness. So I suggest you stay out of my way." She doesn't even flinch, which shows she's used to me. She shakes her head and heads out the door, leaving me there to lean on a wall. If people were to look at me, they'd label me the typical hot bad boy. The one that doesn't follow the rules, or even listen during class. Hell, teachers might even be lucky if I show up. I don't even know why I'm in school. I could just drop out. But, no. I won't but my mom through all that suffering again. She went through a lot already, no need to escalate the pain. Even though my mom is the most important person in my life, I still do what I do. No matter how much it hurts her. does she expect me to be okay after all that happened? Does she expect us to be normal againg? F no. I'm Dante, the badass. Not some inspiration to minors. I sigh and start making my way to the exit. I take out my cellphone and call up my man, JJ. I few rings and I soon here his high-pitched voice. "JJ here," I smirk and look around to see if anyone is there. "Hey JJ, where you at?" I hear him chuckling on the other line. "Dante, isn't your mamita gonna be mad you're skipping again?" I roll my eyes and make my way towards my car that's parked at the end of the parking lot. "What she doesn't know won't hurt her. Now answer my question." I get in my car and thorw my bookbag in the backseat. I look out the window and I see some students still outside, not bothering to get to class. "I'm at Paige's house," he said. "I was bored my brother was out, so Paige invited me to her house." "Gona get it in, JJ?" I joked. Paige is an old buddy of ours when we were young. Her father passed away three years ago when she was fourteen, which is why she does drugs and dropped out of school. She was devastated and we couldn't do anything but be there for her. Paige turned into a slut after that tragedy and doesn't even want us talking about old times. She changed. We changed. JJ changed from being a responsible son to a rebelious runaway. Paige changed from a loving red-head to a slutty daughter. But me. I changed from a uncertain child to a fully grown badass. Maybe next time my father should've loved the family he got instead of picking favorites. Maybe next time JJ's cousin never should've died. Maybe next time, Paige's dad should've ran from the shooting. Hmm...maybe next time. I was broke out of my thoughts when I saw Ellena, the girl that actually paid attention in class. The hot girl every guy wouldn't do because of her personality. The girl that gets me sick. Ellena is probably the only girl I know that doesn't fall for any hot badass guy. Including me. Her personality is so...good. No guy would ever date her. No guy from our school, that's for sure. Sure, she's one of the hot tan brunettes, but she's just so...not my type. I'd puke if I ever kissed her, that's how sick I get. "Hello? Dante? You f*ing there, a-hole?" I shake my head and laugh. "Yeah, I'm still here." I start my car and start driving out of the parking lot. As I drive, I caught a glimpse of Ellena. She's glaring at me, hating me for all the bad things I've done. She labels me the Heartless Manwhore. I stop my car for a brief moment and flip her off, my brothers ring shining off my finger. She rolls her dark eyes and turns around. I chuckle and continue driving. I pull the phone away from my ear and yell, "JJ! What's the hell are you doing? Playing around with Paige?" I joke, knowing JJ has a crush on her since we were little. I hear him curse, making me laugh. Then, he immediately stops. "Yo Dante, hear this. Wintercrest Highschool has been lowered the past few years, based on their behavior and the desire to skip school eighty-five percent of the school year. Wintercrest is now the worst highschool in our community." I feel the annoyance and anger I get everytime people talk about our highschool like if we were bad. Okay, we are bad. But they don't bother helping, keeping teachers like Mrs. Summers in this school. All she does is insult us. Shake her head in shame and look down at her fingers, making us feel like we're nothing but trash. I chuckle bitterly. "Hey JJ, wanna know what I say to that?" "What do you say?" He asked. I lick my lips as I stop at a red-light. "Such help."



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Mar. 3 2011 at 2:35 pm
Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York
1 article 76 photos 311 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

<.<   ........  >.> ........ <.<    Where's the next chapter?! D; I hope you keep writing more.

on Mar. 2 2011 at 6:39 am
SilentlyRising GOLD, Decatur, Georgia
13 articles 0 photos 100 comments

Favorite Quote:
"My pen is the barrel of the gun. Remind me which side you should be on."

This was really good.  I liked it!  Keep going.  Write on!