Kiwi Link | Teen Ink

Kiwi Link

By introducingshelby GOLD, San Diego, California
introducingshelby GOLD, San Diego, California

"People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they go right, and things fall apart so better things can fall together."
-Marilyn Monroe

Summary:

Kiwi's brother abuses her as a result of his accessive drinking and contained anger. Her parents are almost always away, and the only real grounding she has is from her two best friends, Rhett and Turner. Both boys EXTREMELY fond of Kiwi since kindergarten, the three kids question this particular stage in their life: Growing Up. Labeled as misfits and trouble makers in their hometown, the trio face inner and external conflicts.

introducingshelby

Kiwi Link

-Marilyn Monroe

Aw thank you so much c: I'm always a little self conscious about this story.. It's one of my darker novels. Have you read the revised introduction? It's its own separate arictle (you can read it on my page if you'd like)!

Steph0804 GOLD said...
Steph0804 GOLD, Seoul, Other

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: you understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." -E.B. White

Link... How could you do this to poor Kiwi D:

Love the story. Kiwi is such an endearing character :)

on Sep. 27 2011 at 11:18 am

-Marilyn Monroe

Haha, you're right, the dialouge isn't an easy read. My grandmother is Southern, so I used the wording and phrases Kiwi and her friends use off that. Thank you, for the feedback :D I'm currently ediitng this story, to make it more reader friendly..

on Sep. 27 2011 at 11:14 am

-Marilyn Monroe

Haha, thank you c:

Turner is a sweetheart.. They've all grown on me, I can't choose a favorite.. I've revised a lot of this story actually.. I'll post soon! Check in with me often :D

Vanendra BRONZE, Blasdell, New York

"I just sneezed and it hurt my pelvis."~Jasmine Omg
"A wise girl kisses but doesn't love"~Marylin Monroe
"I didn't tell him nowhere where you live" ~me ^-^
"I like the wolves on this textbook, they have very legs" ~Jasmine Omg

Wow major epicness!!!! I loved it... Turner's my favorite character though because he seems to be the funniest xD keep writing please!!! <3

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

That's what I did! But I'm still unfamiliar with southern accents. Oh well, this is a great start. You write very well.

-Marilyn Monroe

You'll only get a real enjoyment from the book if you just make up the accents in your head c:

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

This is a fairly good start to your novel. Even though you're not from the south, you did a pretty good job with the dialogue, although it can be a bit hard to read. (This is probably because I'm Canadian and have had little exposure to people from the southern United States. ) Keep writing!

-Marilyn Monroe

Gosh, thank you so much. I was a little worried people wouldnt like it, but thank you for at least reading through it. Much appreciated c:

writerthinkerdreamer BRONZE, Narnia, Massachusetts

"Just keep swimming," ~Dory, Finding Nemo

really, really good! write more!