Awkward Ramblings of a Teenage Girl: Novel Excerpt | Teen Ink

Awkward Ramblings of a Teenage Girl: Novel Excerpt

By Kates BRONZE, Niagara Falls, Other
Kates BRONZE, Niagara Falls, Other

Summary:

No one could have ever predicted the things that came out when the hilariously brilliant mind of eighteen-year-old Jadyn Perri was opened up and taken apart.

Jadyn’s musings are the product of her frustrations as an aspiring novelist in coming up with a great story. As she makes the transition from a pathetic high school student to a self-sufficient university student, all of her thoughts and feelings are exploited for the benefit of the public. Along the way, Jadyn struggles with the separation from her best friend and true love, Christian Eslington, who is away at flight school to become a pilot. Jadyn must also endure house-hopping on a weekly basis to maintain equality in her parents’ separation, a migraine-inducing summer job at an arcade in a tourist hotspot and the constant bombardment of her unfiltered thoughts.

As September nears, the loneliness Jadyn expresses throughout her diary entries and her unease with starting university without Christian gradually subsides. Despite their distance, Jadyn realizes that Christian has always been closer to her than anyone else.

Katelyn P.

FallenAngel170198 GOLD, Bundaberg, Other
This is pretty good, very funny :) keep writing :D

Kates BRONZE said...
Kates BRONZE, Niagara Falls, Other
Haha I realized that afterwards when I tried to click on your name and couldn't! You should definitely make an account sometime after exams!!

ChristinaC said...
No I just made a screen name for the comment so you would know it was me!

Kates BRONZE said...
Kates BRONZE, Niagara Falls, Other
Awww thank you Christina! I did a lot of editing since the last version I sent you! Disregard my Facebook message telling you to sign up for this haha. Did you just sign up?

ChristinaC said...
I've already read this beauty and laughed my face off at the awesome realism. This is a great first start to your author career my friend. Love you and can't wait to read what you come up with in that unfiltered brain of yours next!