Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

May 2, 2014
By Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
31 articles 9 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people merely exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde


Summary:

Adena Smith is an 18 year old girl who suffers from bipolar disorder. Her father is an alcoholic, and her mother drives her up a wall. Her therapy sessions seem to be one of the only things that keep her sane.
That is, until she meets Kris. A charming 20 year old who seems the same therapist she does. After bumping into him unexpectedly at a bookstore in her small home town of Winthrop, Massachusetts, she begins to realize that maybe not everyone is as bad as she thinks.


Lauren A.

Broken


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 6 comments.


on May. 30 2014 at 9:24 am
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

Oh, I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know!

on May. 30 2014 at 1:43 am
Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
31 articles 9 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people merely exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it. e. e. cumming's name is never supposed to be capitalized by the way, just so you know in the future. He never wrote it that way because he didn't want to seem more important that his work. If you've read a lot of his stuff, it's pretty clear he doesn't believe in capitals.  I'm still working on this piece, so I'll be posting more soon, when I have it finished, I just wanted to get feedback on the part I had done! So far, it's all been pretty positive, so I'm really glad people are responding so well!

on May. 27 2014 at 11:37 am
TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas
72 articles 0 photos 860 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

I write my comments while I'm reading, so they tend to be kind of long. I just wanted to let you know in advance. I absolutely love the personality and voice on your writing right at the beginning. It really captivated me. I really do like the personality. I don't know how you do it, but you put attitude in your writing, all while maintaining excellent grammar & word choice and writing an incredible story. Way to go. I feel like you say "thank the gods" a little much. Maybe that's her thing, but to me it seems repetitive. She's so sassy with her mom; it's making me laugh. Her cursing when she met up with the guy from Shelia's office shocked me, but it also added to Adena's character quite nicely. I think you should capitalize Cummings' name when you mention the books they're reading. Aw, their meeting was adorable. I like how you made the guy pay for The Hobbit and then write his number in it... That's so adorable and heartfelt. I loved her explosion at her mom - perfectly executed. Man, I really like your writing style. Everything seems to fit and flow together really impeccably. I don't know how you do it, but i love it. Kris' POV on Adena's mom following her around was really nice and refreshing. I'm glad you did that. Wow. He cuts. That's powerful. Please don't make me cry. XD just kidding. Your story is so powerful so far. Wow, awesome. I wish it hadn't ended so suddenly... I really would love to read more. Anyway, excellent, excellent story. Very powerful and a great story. Honestly, I would just keep going the way you have been. There's not much I can tell you to improve. Nice job.

on May. 20 2014 at 6:49 pm
JustAnotherDay. BRONZE, Andover, Ohio
2 articles 1 photo 130 comments

Favorite Quote:
Stephen Fry - There are many people out there that will tell you that "you can't". What you've got to do is turn around and say, "watch me."

Aw this is lovely, and I like that you added some mental health aspects to it, as I know some from personal expierence! Thank you. <3

on May. 20 2014 at 1:38 am
Laurennnn PLATINUM, Sadieville, Kentucky
31 articles 9 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people merely exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

New material is on it's way; I promise!

kaylaaaa said...
on May. 12 2014 at 12:58 pm
I really love it!!!! you NEED  to write more!!!!!!! NOW