Lorem | Teen Ink

Lorem

By jeramyah806, Amarillo, Texas
jeramyah806, Amarillo, Texas

“As I knew it came the dark monster the one with black wings the one with the face. It came one million faces shifting from one to another never repeating one second devilish handsome than the next the devil himself. I sat there chained in the same place that all the other people before me the kids the men we all served the same use.”Isatlerajerap”, he said.”Yes master Isalde”, I said, ”I know what will happen if I try to escape again”.”Lmr Ph.D.”, Just then I felt the blades stab from my cuffs into the skin of my wrists then everything went black. Waking up a second later a man above me he said, ”Hey Lilly remember me”, I knew this man he was the devil from before’s father the true king of hell he was Jeramyah the same kid who sat next to me in class.”Of course, I know you creep”, ”That's my name creepo man”, ”Still using your childhood name?”We're still children”, ”What do you want me to do master”, I said, ”You know  well know what your use is a slave”, he was right I just hoped I was wrong,”3...2...1…”,he said before snapping and everything going black.

“That felt good”, my eyes fluttered open I felt weaker than before I had felt weak before but this was different, ”Thank You for that it really helped me replenish.”

“Just leave me alone”.”Your wish is my command”, and he disappeared and was replaced by the demon.”Higafret”, ”It went well”, ”Ybert”, ”I know I'm bleeding now leave me alone.”’surprisingly he stood still the rest of the night,the next morning Jeramyah came again to do the same thing,after he left I felt even weaker the idiot was sucking the life out of me I tried to keep my cool the next couple of days I tried to earn the demons trust I'm pretty sure that I did well so I asked him, ”Do you know what your dad does when I'm knocked out?”,”Hastelloy”.I knew it I wanted to tell the demon thank you but it was too late I looked up and saw him open his wings and fly away.

“No welcome back, no hello master”, he was behind me.”Please not today Jeramyah”, I said,”Ok”, he said,”Wait for real?”,I said,”Yep”, he said,”Thank you”.He walked off without a word a couple minutes later I heard screaming in the room next to me but I didn’t care I just knew I was saved from becoming weaker than before I knew the screaming next door it was the screaming of my childhood friend Alexander I knew in the other room next to me was Angel I didn’t care about him, beneath me was the torture chamber I’ve been there several times before, being hurt by the demon over and over Jeramyah standing laughing ,above me was Jeramyah’s living quarters  with the dead bodies of those before hanging around me those who tried to escape but I'm smarter than that. I sit there thinking about torture for the rest of the night. The next morning I woke up to Jeramyah standing over me,”Ready? I am 3...2..1..”, he snaps his fingers the world goes dark I wake up even weaker than before. This happened for several weeks and right before it all changed I felt so weak I actually thought that running away was better than this. But after he left I heard something in the vent above me it popped open and in front of me fell, Alexander, my heart fluttered it was a quick feeling that I kinda liked, ”Wrong room again...wait Lilly that you”, I didn't know what to say I saw him holding lockpicks,”Umm can you unlock me”,I said,”Of course”,so after he unlocked me we climbed through the vent it was cramped but I kinda liked it, being so close to him, ”We’re almost there”,he said interrupting my thoughts,”We're almost where?”,I asked,”To the surface away from Toth”, he said,”Toth? What's Toth”,”I’ll explain it all later”, we continued on silently. As soon as we saw the first vent we fell through it and just our luck it was Jeramyah’s living quarters,”Stand back”,said Alexander as he pulled out a silver dagger,”silver kills the beast”, he whispered to me as I saw the demon his face was torn bleeding silver I swear I saw Gabe’s face behind that mask, that made me wonder where Molly was she would be relieved to see him. Just then a body turned around it was Molly she said,”Silver kills the beast, silver kills the monster, but silver kisses the devil”, such a weird thing to say hadn’t Alexander said the same thing I looked toward him to tell him but he had changed into Molly,”Silver kills the beast, silver kills the monster,but silver kisses the devil”, and then everything went black.

I must've woken up at the worst moment, Alexander was bleeding guarding me fighting off the shadows just then I had a vision, Alexander laying next to me on my lap was a little child who looked a lot like Alexander but had hair like mine,”Father can you tell me about the time you fought the shadows”,he said,”Well..it went like this…”.Back from the vision I’m backed up to the wall Alexander notices I’m awake,”I could use some help there's another dagger in my pocket its silver,silver kills the monster”,he says with a wink I wonder why  people keep saying I know the beast is Gabriel, and the monster must be the shadows that would make Jeramyah...THE DEVIL!!!!! I knew it as soon as he said to meet the true king of hell when he kidnapped me I knew it had something to do with the devil,”Down with the bloody king”, shouted Alexander as he charged the shadows,” down with him down down DOWN!!!!”,he was interrupted when the shadows dived into his bleeding chest all the sudden my vision focused the blood had stopped and the cut in his chest was gone but he was still bleeding he was barely breathing he was collapsed on the floor his shirt tattered there was still some shadows I grabbed the dagger in his pocket and attacked I had this urge to shout so I did,”DOWN WITH THE BLOODY KING!!!!”, I charged Jeramyah he turned in surprise as my blade struck his chest he looked around the room confused at all the dead bodies hanging,”What have I done”, he said confused before he collapsed. The shadows crashed into his body some of them stayed back he opened his eyes they were dark with a poisoned center of red, ”This feels better”, he stood up but before he could do anything a flash of white light, ”By the power of Toth I banish thee”  ,there was another blinding flash and the shadows disintegrated and Jeramyah disappeared in a flash of shadow,”Wow forgot how good that felt now where's the injured guy I always get summoned when there's an injured person,”she said with a frown her eyes drifted to Alexander her bright aura faded as I could now see she looked a lot like Jenacee, ”Ah my old friend Alexander”, Alexander’s eyes fluttered open he saw Toth,

”Oh I see it's you Toth or can I call you Jenacee now”, he said in a disgusted voice,

”Back from the void I see”, she said,

”At least you're glad to see me”,

“That was a long time ago”,

“Only a year”.

I sensed some beef between them but I don't know what, ”well we have to get moving and fast suddenly a random thought came to me, ”Wait I saw an angel standing over Jeramyah when the machine malfunctioned and we teleported us here it said something to him”, ”What the bloody hell did it say”,said Jennace,” ri il Mio soldatino a un Principe Oscuro,or something like that”, Alexander gave a look to Jennece and said,”We have to go, now”.

“Why what's wrong?”,“First of all, you Toth the all great and powerful, led them right to us”,

“How?”,I asked, ”You were the angel weren't you Toth”, he asked, ”Well kind of I saw through Angel's eyes but I wasn't in control of it”, ”Wait for just a second what does,ri il Mio Soldano a un Principe Oscuro, mean anyway”,

“It's Latin for, you were my little soldier now my dark prince.”,there was a chilling silence, nothing moved, the shadows were the only thing that seemed alive, there was a voice the voice of Jeramyah but deeper and older it said, ”You are correct God was wrong when he said let there be light, the shadows will always rule for I am the devil”. Jennace saw Jeramyah and looked hurt.

“Jeramyah you don’t have to you and me are the two most powerful humans, you don’t have to do this, at least not on your own, baby brother”, I was shocked.”JEN NO!!!!!” yelled Alexander, ”You don't have to do this!”,I had just noticed Jen’s aura had started to darken.”I kind of do Alex, or can I say THE GRAY THIEF!”, Alexander I could see had mixed emotions, love/hate/fear/recognition, they were all on his face, he felt horrible and the worst. He was dead mentally, he was hurt and I knew it. I barely heard Jeramyah tell Jen, ”We are in this together. Right...sister?”.

“Yes..always.”.

We woke up in a room, a new room. Alexander was inches away from my face. There was a soft bed beneath us. Alex’s cold chest pressed against mine, my head laid on his shoulder. I hopped up a noticed my shirt on the floor and pulled it over my head, it was a little tattered but it would work. I looked in a closet and found a large assortment of clothing. I slipped on a camo jacket, some boots, and a belt sheath. Quickly putting a knife in the boot and a decorative sword from the shelf into my sheath I stared at Alexander, he looked confused and drained. As I was walking out someone entered and dropped the plate she was carrying, ”Your awake!”,she said, ”I thought you'd never”, Alexander  stirred in his rest, but didn’t wake.”Who are you”, I asked, she replied, ”I’m the Baron's servant”.I looked at her and took her into account, she was young but had slight wrinkles and shadows around her eyes… shadows… Baron… expensive sword… Jeramyah!!!!

“May I ask what your master's name is”, I asked, she responded, ”King Kaid the IV President of the Resistance and founder of Project E.L.A.” .”Thank God”, I said, ”You're not a servant of Jeramyah”.She responded, ”Of course not, I would never serve that tyrant!”,I was relieved, I was safe. I went over to Alex’s side and tapped him and his eyes opened and they were empty. I screamed I had never seen anything like this he started shaking the maid came over and I gripped Alex's hand in fear I didn’t want them to take him away. Doctors started surrounding us one yelled, “Go, Maddie, take the girl to  the extra room!” The maid came and grabbed me, ”Come on”, she said, ”let’s go!”. She dragged me into the room and pulled up two chairs.”Tell me your story”, she said suddenly,” Excuse me”, I asked, ”I’m not sure I understand”. She smiled kindly and said, “People don’t show up with the mark of silver on their backs and a Toth blessing in there hand every day”. I frowned not understanding, she must have seen my face because she asked, “You haven’t seen your back?”. I saw a mirror and went over to it took off my shirt and was horrified there were huge scratches, bites, and bruises all over me. But that’s not what horrified a huge  silver mark in the shape of wings almost like a tattoo took up all the space on my back.”My the maid told me but I didn’t think it was that big”, I turn around embarrassed that I forgot she was there, I asked”Maddie was it ?”,she replied, ”Maddison Marek at your service. And might I ask your name ?”, I told her my name. She looked shocked,” Lilly Hammett, the Lilly Hammett?! Oh my gosh! I thought that was just a story!”, I was confused. Suddenly one of the nurses came in.”General Wil wants to see the subject.”,she said. Maddison replied, ”What about General Paxton? I thought he’d be on this like a fly on honey.”.The nurse said, ”He’s off on his honeymoon with Taea and I’m working with the new patient Mabry.”.That perked my ears, I remember reading that name in one of Jeramyah’s books.”Let me see her !”, I say quickly before the nurse leaves, ”Let me see Mabry!”.They stared at me looked at each other and nodded.”Fine”, Maddison said. I stood up and immediately collapsed. The nurse quickly grabbed me and put me in a wheelchair. We rolled into the hallway and down about twenty rooms. When we entered the room the first thing I noticed was the size, it was huge. A young woman entered through the door to the left. She was strikingly beautiful this was Mabry. She looked towards me and yelled, “Get that servant of Jeramyah out of here!”. The nurses ran over and strapped her to the bed.”If you going to tell her something do it now!”, she yelled.”I took a breath and Mabry stopped, ”I can help you kill Jeramyah.”, I told her in a calm voice. “No.”, she responded quickly, ”No one kills The Dark One.”. I had never heard any slaves refer to Jeramyah as The Dark One, only the closest to him, then I remembered was I had heard Mabry’s name. It was in an email from Jeramyah sent the day the portal was opened and brought Jeramyah, Alexander, Jennace, me, and countless others here. This was the one Jeramyah loved.