The World That Is Against Us | Teen Ink

The World That Is Against Us

I laid there, letting these wolves hunt me down. I laid there staring at the gray sky above me and thought of how sweet heaven will be. Then I saw a wolf. Looking into my eyes, his hazel brown eyes, I knew he would let me live. 

The other wolves wanted my blood so they got it. I didn’t even scream or cry or struggle. I just wanted to see how I would end. Well, how I’m going to end. He looked into my eyes and I looked into his. Then I looked back up. The sky looked grayer than before I looked at it. 

3 minutes later, to me it felt like it was 3 minutes, a cold nose hit my hand. I didn’t blink or anything. 

They were biting right through my white dress that now has my blood on it. I wasn’t wearing anything that made me warm. I was wearing a dress that went up to my knees and that was it. The snow was so cold that it made my whole body, even the bites go numb, but I didn’t mind it. It felt so nice to be able to see what death feels like. 

The wolves started to retreat and now there was only one left. My wolf. He laid near my hand and put his head on my stomach. I didn’t look at him and he didn’t look at me. I don’t know why he stayed there for at least the whole entire time I was there till the ambulance came and found me. He stayed there as I tried to die and I’m guessing he doesn’t want me to be alone, which I’m grateful for. 

We took her off her tire swing and I didn’t stop it.

They tugged her left and right, I didn’t stop it. 

I looked at her, she didn’t move or anything so I put my nose in her hand to see if she was okay and alive, but she was dead and we killed her. Until she moved her hand to my nose. I moved back and looked at her. My pack was leaving and I was alone with her. She moved her head and I looked into her eyes.

We took her off her tire swing and I didn’t stop it

They had fear and joy in them. I stopped and laid down on her stomach. 

Why was she not moving or looking at me?

She’s 6 years old and she was so young to die. 

Now she’s with me and not dead. She never knew that I was a human until Summer of 2017. She’s 16.

I sat in a book store reading a book called, Demonata Lord Loss, and a group of girls went in and I saw them. There was a red-hair, brown-haired, and strawberry blonde-hair. I’m guessing the one in the brown was her.

“Hey, Carissa. Why don’t you get a book?” the red-head said.

“Umm, I don’t think so, Lily.” 

She looked at me and I hid my face in a book so she didn’t see me. I looked back and she was walking around, looking at things.

“Ok I think we can go now.” blonde hair said.

“Ok, Jane, I need to get home before my brothers freak.” Carissa said.

“Oh you still living with those 2 knuckleheads?” Jane said as she came over to check out the book. 

“10.dollars and 99 cents, please.” I said, not looking at Carissa. 

“For a paperback?” She handed me 11. “Keep the change.” she said and walked out. I stared at Carissa and she stared at me through the window.

That was when I fell in love with her. I imprinted. I never wanted to imprint on a girl that I hurt when she was 6. Her face looks so different from the last time I saw her last winter.

I put the book down and thought of when I hurt her and she’s stayed alive. But she should have turned into a wolf by now, but hey, I kept a good watch on her and when she does turn, I’ll be there for her, but I wasn’t there for her. I was only there when I wanted to be there.

I sat under a tree and sobbed, for no reason. Nick by my side hugging me.

He touched my face as tears came down my face and he whipped them away. We watched the sunset and when the sun was almost down, I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. He went in closer and I did too. 

WHOWL! We heard a wolf and, I’m guessing that means he has to go. We looked back at the moon and back at the noise. 

“I-i got to go.” he said looking down. 

“Why? Those your pack?” I asked looking at his back and I saw a scar.

“Ya, they’ve been looking for me and once they caught my smell, it’s easy for them to track me.” he said. 

“Nick?! Where the hell have you been?!” a man asked. 

“Beck? I… um.. I can explain.”  he said, standing up and helping me up.

“Who is this? Have you imprinted on her?!” he yelled and Carissa looked down. “I told you you’re not ready and what makes you think you’re ready!?” 

He scoffed. “I’m 17. I think I’m old enough to imprint.”  he started walking around. I stayed quiet and I looked down at my shoes and thought if I would never be in love with Nick, or he wouldn’t be in love with me. 

“What’s your name?” Beck asked me. 

I stayed quiet. “Her name is Carissa.” 

“Well, is that a proper name?” he asked, but we didn’t answer. He started to walk back the way he came from. “Follow me. We have a problem.” 

We walked together and I looked at him, then at Beck.  

Ollie’s hand went into mine. “It’s ok, once my pack knows that I imprinted you, they will accept you into our family.” he said.

“I have a question.” I said looking down.

“Ok ask,” he said, moving a branch so we could walk. I saw a campfire and tents and people kept staring at us. 

“Nevermind. It’s none of my business.” I said, as we walked to a big tent and stopped. 

“Wait here.” Beck said then he walked inside the tent.

“Hey, man. You’re back.” a person said behind me.

“Hey, Justin, how are ya?” he asked as he gave him a bro hug.

“Good, who’s the beautiful girl?” Justin asked.

“Uh, this is Carissa. Carissa, Justin.”  he said as we shook hands.

“Nice to meet you, we will get along.” he said, kissing my hand. I looked at Nick and he looked at me, shrugging his shoulders. Then he looked into my eyes. 

“Dude, don’t imprint on her.” he said and I looked at him.

“Ok, but she’s cute as hell.”  he whispered. 

“What happens if a wolf already imprints on a girl and another wolf does that, too?” I asked.

“Well that’s called that a soft spot. Every wolf has to experience it before they are able to leave the pack, well when you are 19 years old.” Nick said, holding my hand.

“So you missed a lot,” he said. “Tyler sent people to find you but we couldn't find you and then Tyler left to find you and there was no one to take charge and so he took charge.”

“Do you know where he went?”  he asked.

“Umm, well, he’s in the tent. He got shot.” he said and I gasped.

We went in, without permission, and we looked at him. I put my hand over my mouth so I didn’t scream and run.

Tyler looked at me then at Nick. Nick looked at Beck and he shook his head. Nick dropped to his knees and grabbed his hand. 

“You need to be the next leader.” I went outside so I didn’t have to see him go. I sat down on the cold hard grass and wanted to sob.

Justin came out and sat next to me, as I played with my bracelet.

“You ok?” he asked, looking at me.

“Uhh… ya I’m fine. Just things that people will not understand.” I said, He touched my face like Nick did. 

“It’s okay, I understand.” he said and he got up, taking my hand. “Come with me.”

I got up and went with him. I had this bad feeling that I was going to get into trouble. 

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You’ll see.” he said. I wanted to go back to the campsite and go find Nick, but if I did, Justin would say something. Even though he looks cute, he’s tougher than he looked.

“I just want to be happy!!!” I said to Sam. 

“You know, being happy is spending time with family and that’s it.’’ Dean said.

I looked at them. “I was only 2 minutes late.” 

“So what? 2 minutes is a while.” 

I sighed and sat down. “This bunker can keep you safe from anything. Wolves, demons, archangels, vamps, you name it.” Dean said.

“Can it keep away 2 annoying brothers?” I whispered, I closed my eyes and remembered the wolves when I was young. I looked straight into his eyes and saw me when I’m older. The smell of my blood and the cold snow on my arms and legs, it felt so calm. The wolves enjoyed my blood and I wanted to see heaven, if I ever go there.

I remember looking up at the gray sky and thought about all the angels watching over me, they would let me go to heaven, but instead they put me back into this shitty place, but I shouldn’t say that because I know I will find a man and have a good life. That was just a dream I had and always will have.

“Carissa! Earth to Carissa! Carissa to Earth!” Dean said, snapping his fingers.

“I’m done. I’m going to my room.” I said and stomped off.

I sat on my bed and looked outside my window and saw my friends waiting for me. 

I opened the window. “Hey guys.” 

“Hey you coming with us?” Nala asked.

“Where?” I asked. 

“Woods.” 

That was when I met him. My wolf. He followed me everywhere I went and he just stood there, looking at me and every time I got close, he would pull back.  I want to know his name, but he never answers me. Months went by and still he was watching me. He never got close to the bunker. He only watched me when I left the bunker and walked back to it. 

He’s been in the woods when I walk to school, walk home from school, and everywhere I went. He would follow Dean’s Chevrolet Impala everywhere we went. Well run to the Impala. 

I went outside the tent, and looked for Carissa, but I couldn’t find her but she left her bracelet on the ground. I picked up her bracelet and sniffed it. 

“What the hell are you doing, Justin? You know what’s going to happen.” I said to myself. “Beck?! You need to come with me!” 

“Why? Where’s Carissa?” He asked and I showed him her bracelet. “Oh, but he’s not the type of guy.” 

“Well you might be wrong.” I said as I turned into a wolf. “You coming or not?” 

We walked slowly as we heard animals in the woods.

“I don’t think Justin would do this to Carissa. She’s not his type.” he said, looking at me.

“Really? Did you hear what he called her? No you didn’t so I know that’s his type.” I said, sniffing the ground.

“I still honestly don’t think he would.” 

“Ok drop the subject and once you see him with her doing whatever to her, I’m going to tell you that I was right and I won’t talk to you for a bit.” 

“Fine, I’ll drop it and I don’t know if you will be right.”

I rolled my eyes and thought of a plan.

“Ok, here’s the plan.” I said, “I will see if she’s with him and if he’s doing anything to her I will fight and you will take her. Got it?”
“Ya, I get it.” 

I looked at him and then at the ground.

“Carissa, I’m coming.” I said to myself.

I remember when some nights, she would leave the window open and she won’t even know that I sneak in and sleep under her bed or on top of her bed and snuggle with her. She was so warm and when her alarm went off, that’s my queue to leave. 

I would wait till she’s fully up and she realizes that her room smells like me. And she would look at the tree I’m behind. She doesn’t even realize that I’m there.

****WARNING******

THIS IS FOR MATURE PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 15 SO IF YOU AREN'T 15...DON'T READ!!!!!!!

We were deep into the woods when… something happened…. 

He pushed me into a tree and I looked at him as he kissed my lips. I tried pushing him off of me, but he grabbed my arms and pinned them to the tree.

“Justin, get off of me.” I said as he kissed my neck. He grabbed both arms in one hand and started to touch me in places I didn’t want him to, with the other.

“Shh, you’ll be ok.” he said, as he took me off the tree and laid me on the ground where there was a blanket on the ground.

“Please Justin, don’t do this!”  I begged. I was about to cry, and then a couple tears dropped. 

“Shut your mouth before I do.” He said and I closed my eyes and thought about a happy place. 

He started to take off my shirt and kissed my stomach. I started to cry. I didn’t want this. I didn’t want any part of this. Even though I’m 16, I didn’t need to be in this now.

He unbuckled his pants and took them off and I tried to move my way out but he took my arms and pinned them to the cold hard ground. And that’s what was happening. I wanted to be home in bed with my two big brothers and have them confront me.

When he did it, I didn’t move. I wanted to move but I couldn’t. It was like I was paralyzed and I couldn’t do anything. I didn’t even say anything. I know what people are thinking, why didn’t you do anything? Well the answer to that question is: I wasn’t able to move.

A couple minutes later, I heard a stick crack. He stopped and laid on the ground beside me. I grabbed my clothes near my leg and hugged them and turned so I faced the woods, not him. I sobbed silently and thought of why he did this to me. Out of every girl he had to pick me. That wasn’t fair. 

I wanted to run away. I made a plan that when he gets close enough, I will kick him and make a run for it. But I knew that wouldn’t work, but you have to have a little faith, right?

He came closer to me and I told him to stop but he didn’t. He touched me and I didn’t want him so I kicked him but I sorta missed the spot I wanted to kick him.

“Oh, you little b*tch!” He said as he pinned my legs down and he got on top of me.

“No! Please! Let me go!” I screamed and cried. His hands were turning into wolf hands and he clawed me. He put his hand over my mouth as he cut my arm, little by little. I screamed and cried wanting him to stop. 

Then I heard a growl. He did, too, and he let go of me. I cried and I held my wrist so the blood would stop. He cut so deep that I’m guessing I need stitches. The cut went from my wrist to my elbow. I want Nick here to help me. He got back on me and started to cut deeper and deeper and the next thing I know, he was doing it to my legs. 

He kept cutting me. I screamed in pain and if I had something to stab him with, believe me, I would. 

I thought of the blood on my dress when I was 6. I didn’t cry. Why didn’t I cry? I’m crying now, why not then? Maybe because I had someone with me. I know that he bit me, but when he looked into my eyes, I felt a spark inside me glow. 

Nick leaped out and snapped at him. I moved after he looked at me. I grabbed my clothes and put my shirt and shorts on. Justin turned into a wolf and a trail of blood was starting to form. Justin smelled my blood and looked at me. I walked backwards and I tripped over a branch. Damn, I’m covered in my own blood. It’s all over me.

Justin ran over to me and then Beck came to the rescue. He growled at him and Nick growled back. Nick was at my side, his eyes wide. 

“Nick! No!!” Beck said as he moved towards me. He sniffed my blood and licked the blanket. He came closer and Beck stood right in front of me. He growled and Beck clawed him. Nick snapped out and his eyes went back and looked at him. Justin flipped Beck and Beck whimpered. 

“Why?! You don’t do that!” Nick said and then I felt a wet nose on my arm, where my scratch was at. I looked at Beck and he turned human. He was hurt so I helped him up.

“Don’t. Your blood.” he said and I looked at him. He got up holding his side.  

“Follow me, you don’t need to see this.” he said as he took my hand that wasn’t bloody.

I moved my hand from his. “No, I’m waiting for him.”

“Look, you had it coming. You know what happens when you bring pretty girls to the campsite.” He yelled. I tried getting up but with all that blood, I couldn’t. 

“You just don’t rape girls, Justin!! You’re my brother, and you’re family of the pack!!!! And I can change that, fast!!!” He said and Four ran to him and clawed him in the eye. 

“How? When you’re not the leader?!” he asked and looked at me. I turned away from him and he chuckled a little. 

“I am the leader. The new one.” 

“You don’t want to see this, Carissa. Please come with me.” He begged me and I shook my head.

Nick went straight to the chest and knocked him down. 

“Haha! You call that fighting?! Let’s see what you are made of!!” Justin teased.

“I don’t want to do this, Justin, just stop and we can talk about this.” 

“Really? I know what you’re going to do, you're going to lock me up, well guess what!? This isn’t me! There’s something wrong with me and you thought it was my depression, but you’re wrong, don’t you think that every time you put me in that cell, something was talking to me? Well, this is what it was telling me. To rape a girl that was going to be you’re imprint and to get into a fight with you and see if you’re going to win.It was a Prophecy.” 

Justin bit Nick’s leg and he yelped. Then when Justin snapped at him, he turned human and he flipped him. Once he flipped him, he landed on his leg. 

“Now, we are done.” He said, as Beck helped me up. I can tell Beck was trying so hard not to bite me.  Nick grabbed Justin and looked at me.

We walked back and I sobbed silently so Nick wouldn’t hear me. I was in front of him and I held my wrist on Beck’s back. I felt so depressed and I hate this.

When we finally got to camp, Beck stopped so I could get off of him. I tried to run anywhere away from people I didn’t know. Nick tried stopping me but he couldn’t because Beck grabbed him. 

I ran and found a tent that had Nick’s name on it so I went in; there were 2 beds, one on the left and one on the right, a shelf of potions and books, and there was a closet for clothes, sheets, blankets, and pillow covers.

I plopped on the left bed and grabbed the pillow, hugged it, and cried. I felt like a slut for not doing anything. But to think about it, I couldn’t do anything if I could, then I would have. I thought that I wasn’t good enough for the world. I wanted to say “F*CK YOU WORLD!!!!!!! LET ME DIE ALREADY!!” but I couldn’t. I hate life right now. If I didn’t meet him, then none of this would’ve happened.

All my thoughts got me overwhelmed and I closed my eyes tight and thought about things I didn’t want to think about. After a few minutes, I fell asleep.

I walked home from school like I always do. School, then the bunker, and the cycle will happen all over again every single day, but this time, this time it felt different. I felt like someone was following me. 

I turned around and no one was there, so I turned back and started walking. I thought if I had a staker then he/she might like me.

I heard a twig snap and I stopped and I didn’t turn around. I wanted to turn around and see who it is but I couldn’t. Just couldn’t. 

I started walking slow at first, then I heard the person coming closer. I turned around and then it stopped. 

I turned back around and I saw Aiden and his gang. And a pack of wolves. The wolves that bit me when I was 6. And the one who stayed with me till the ambulance came. When he saw me he turned around and walked away. I stared at him and then looked away.

“Well, who do we have here?” Aiden said and I kept walking. 

He walked behind me and  he touched my arm.

“Don’t touch me!” I yelled at him. 

“Oh come on. I’m trying to be nice and talk this out.”  he said.

“Bite me!” I said and kept walking. 

He yanked my arm and I fell to the ground. They laughed at me all because I fell. 

“Hold her.” he said, and two people came up behind me and grabbed my arms.

“Let me go!!” I said and I kept squirming. 

He brought out a knife and now I know why he’s doing this. I took someone away from him. Bling was Aiden’s brother. I liked him once. We dated till I needed saving. 

I remember that day, like it was yesterday. It was a Thursday night and a gang of people came after me. Bling thought he could be the hero till he got stabbed and they ran, looking for me. I didn’t want him to die, trust me. I went back to him and held him, his brother came a couple minutes later and saw me crying with him in my arms. Aiden hates me ever since he died.

“Aiden, I didn’t mean to take him away from you. I swear on my life.”

“I don’t care. This is for Bling and you will die for what you did!” 

He stepped forward and when he did...a growl caught his eye. 

He stopped and looked at a gray wolf. 

“Ah, well if it isn’t Nick. The champion. Thought I told you to go a different way.” 

Nick, that's his name. 

Nick growled and stood in front of him. 

“Why are you here?” Aiden asked. 

Nick barked and he scoffed. “This girl was the girl we tortured when she was young. Why do you care about her now?”

He sat down on the ground and looked at me. His eyes are more brown than the last time I saw him. 

“Not gonna talk while your girlfriend is here? Ok, well, I’ll make you.” he pointed at me and nodded his head. The man that was holding me took out his knife and I flinched back. 

Nick barked and the man stopped. 

“Now, you’re to talk.” 

“Bark bark!!” he said. I didn’t understand him. 

I stopped staring at him and tried squirming my way out of the men but, again, can’t since they were strong.

“Stop moving.” I heard someone say. It’s not from the boys that were holding me, it’s not Aiden, so I might be hallucinating, but I think my wolf spoke in my head. 

I stopped and watched him. 

“Let her go.” Nick said. Now, I can hear him when I don’t want to. 

He laughed. “I see why you lost that fight. You went soft again. What a shame. I guess Tyler was right. You are a load of shit that isn’t worth being a wolf.”

He snapped and went after him. Aiden turned into a wolf and started a fight with him. 

Aiden jumped on his back and started biting him. 

“Come on, Nick.” I said to myself. 

Aiden got off his back and jabbed his paw under his armpit. He yelped and fell to the ground. 

Aiden turned human. “Pethic. You can’t even fight. How the hell are you gonna protect your little girlfriend from me?”

NIck looked at me and I looked at him. It looked like he was smiling. 

I had tears in my eyes and he closed his eyes. Aiden looked at the rest of the group. “Give me a knife.” 

“No!” I wiggled my way out of their grip and pushed Aiden out of the way, then grabbed my wolf and ran. 

“Go after them!” I ran to the back of the bunker and looked for a place to set him down. He was really heavy. 

I heard wolves howling and I kept running away from the bunker.

I didn’t even get sleep. I just watched her. I forgot that it was morning. I was so mad and all the feelings I had mad and sad in it. I watched Carissa sleep and she was so soundly asleep, her breaths were heavy and she was sore. I hear her heart beating slowly and her blood is running through her veins. It was like a virus. I wanted to bite her so she doesn’t have to be hurt but if I do, then I have to not tell her.

I went to her and moved her long brown hair out of the way. I touched her skin where I’m going to bite her, her skin is so soft. I pulled out my teeth and slowly moved my head down so I could bite her. Once my teeth hit her blood, it tasted so sweet and there was my breakfast.

I sat back down to think and I whipped the blood off my face and thought about things. 

Why? Why would he do that? He’s my brother and she’s my friend or my girlfriend but I don’t think she will like that. I saw her wound and I grabbed her arm without even waking her. There was blood on the bed and on her. 

She held me as she ran up the hill. 

“S-stop.” I whispered in her ear. 

She stopped and put me down. I looked at her and she was still crying. She sat on a rock and tried to catch her breath. 

I walked over to her but my whole body was sore. Even though I'm a wolf, I still feel pain either way. 

She came over to me and rubbed my back. That touch made me never want to leave her. She looked up at the sky, it was nearly dark. 

Shit, I got to go.” she said, wiping tears away from her face.

I nodded my head and put my paw on her hand. I wanted to speak but right now it hurts just to breathe. 

She got up and ran then stopped. She looked back at me and smiled. 

“I promise I’ll come back tonight.” 

I looked at the shelf of potions and found one that was healing. 

I turned around and she was awake.

She looked at me with blood on her face. I looked down at the floor and then walked over to her. I pulled up a chair. “How are you feeling?” 

She shook her head. “My stomach hurts and this scratch hurts more than my stomach.” 

“Ya, well I have something to heal your arm and leg, but it will sting for a couple minutes.” I said holding the potion up.

“What is it?” she asked. She looked at me and then her scar.

“It’s something that will help, now let me see it.” I said and she put her arm out. I opened the bottle and poured, little by little.

I waited there for her, like she promised and I closed my eyes. F*cking A, this hurts. 

Eventually, she came back with a basket of bread and bandages. 

She wrapped a bandage around my side and arm and gave me the bread. 

“Thought you might be hungry.” she said. 

I nodded. She pet my head and to be honest, that felt good. 

I heard the others calling for me. I looked at her and she looked at me. “I get it. You got to go. Bye.” she said and I limped my way back to my pack. Even though I know I’m going to get into trouble.

“Owww!”  she said and put her hand on my hand. I looked at her. “Sorry.” 

“No need to apologize.” I said, looking at her.  “Let’s clean you up.” 

I got up and put the chair away and grabbed a wet towel. I handed it to her. “What were you thinking last night? You could have gotten hurt more than you did.” I said, and she looked down. 

It’s been 2 months since she held and helped me. And 2 months since I almost got kicked out of the pack. I looked at her through her eyes. She’s so alone and tired of being alone. I got out of her eyes and sniffed my way to her. It took about an hour when I saw a car. 

The car stopped and the person looked at me. 

“Sam?” 

“Ya?” he answered.

“Why is this wolf looking at us? And is it hunting season?” 

He looked at me and I looked at him. I looked deeper into his soul and saw him, his brother and Carissa. I looked away from them and started walking. 

After 20 minutes had passed, I found a bunker. 

Sh*t there’s a door. How the hell am I going to open the door? So I waited. I sat under a tree, waiting for Carissa to get out. Till I heard something in the woods. I looked the way the noise came. Nothing was there. I turned back and stayed still watching the door. Then………..

BANG!! A gunshot hit me on the side of my stomach. I fell and I turned human. I wanted to scream. It hurts and I wanna cry. I put my hands on my stomach to stop the bleeding, and started walking to the bunker. 

Tears start rolling down my face. I didn’t move for a while and when I decided to move slowly and moved down to the door. My god, I’m in so much pain.

I knocked on the bolted door. I kept knocking till it opened just a crack.

“Hello?” she said and looked at me.

“Please, let me in.” I cried, looking at her. She saw that I was bleeding. She opened the door and helped me in. I’m so cold and sore now.

I sat down in the kitchen while she gave me something for my wound. 

“You’re that kid from the book store, right?” she asked, putting the warm damp towel on my side of my stomach.

“Ya.” I said. “Oww!” I said and put my hand on hers. “Sorry.” 

“It’s fine. Where do you live?” 

“I...um…” I wanted to explain everything to her, but I don’t know how she’ll react. “It’s confusing and you won’t believe me if I told you. It looks like you did this before.” 

“Yes I have. My brothers get wounds out the wazoo, and I’m the only one that is a ‘medic’. Hold this. I’ll be right back with a bandage.” she said as I put my hand on the towel and she walked out. 

A minute later, she came back. “Now tell me where you live.” 

“I told you, you’ll think I’m crazy.” 

“Try me.” she said, putting the bandage on me and sitting with her legs crossed.

“Ok well, I don’t have a home. I live in a cabin during spring/summer, but in winter/fall, I don’t live anywhere. And I’m the wolf you saved 2 months ago.” she looked at me. But she wasn’t confused and she looked like she believed me.

“You believe me?” I asked.

She nodded.

I looked at her. Her eyes were the same when I looked into them when she was 6. I still see her with me ever since I imprinted on her. We sat there in silence and I thought of the people I saw in the car while I was coming here. 

“Who were those people in the car?” I asked.

“Those people were my brothers. They’re overprotective when they see you.” she got up and washed her hands. 

I looked at her back. There was a scar that went up to one shoulder and all the way down to near her pants. 

“What happened to your back?” I asked. 

She turned off the sink and she turned to me. 

I got up and went to her. I turned her around so I could see the big scar on her back.

“I had a bad history. This wasn’t from my parents.” she said. 

I touched it and she shivered a little. She turned to me and looked at me. I leaned and kissed her. Her lips are so soft and they tasted like strawberries.

She looked at me. “So where’s your home? It’s still winter.” she asked. 

“Let’s talk about that later.” I said.

“Well, he wanted me to go with him and it wasn’t my fault. I thought he was bringing me to a river and that’s his happy place.” she said and I thought if I never imprinted on her, she would never deal with this.

I sighed and looked at her. She looked tired and upset about what happened. 

“You know that this wasn’t your fault.” I said and I looked down and thought if I never met her, this won’t happen and sh*t wouldn’t have gone down.

“I’m sorry. I-I don’t know what I was doing.” she said and looked down. I came over there and sat next to her. She looked at me, her blue eyes were so pretty and they were like the Caribbean Sea, she was my whole other half. I love her and she doesn’t even know that I do. I wish I could tell her but this is how I am when I’m around girls that I like, and I thought it was the perfect moment I could kiss her but as soon as I leaned in, people were running.

“Nick!” People were running and we went outside.

“Max, what’s going on?” I asked. 

“Justin got out! And his scent is gone.” Max said. My heart sank.

“Follow me.” she said, as she started walking.

“Where?” I asked. 

She stopped and looked at me and smiled. “Just follow me.”

I followed her to her room. I smiled. "This is your room?" I asked.

"Mhm. I know you would go through my window and sleep with me till it was almost time for me to get up." She said.

I sat on her bed and she sat next to me, and looked at each other.  I wanted to kiss her. F*cking stupid imprinting. I hate it. F*ck it, no one is home. I leaned in and kissed her. Oh my lord, her lips are so soft. She leaned back onto the bed and I looked at her. She smiled, so I kissed her neck.

"Carissa we're home!" I heard someone say, but I didn't stop. 

They came to her room and saw. That's when I stopped.

"H-hi Dean and Sam." She said. I knew we would be in trouble...

I was worried if he was coming back for me but if he did then his scent would’ve stayed. 

“Stay here. I’ll be back.” he said and I grabbed his hand.

“What if he comes here and you’re not here?” I asked.

“He won’t, I promise.” he said and he kissed me on my forehead and I let go of his hand.

I sat on the bed and cleaned myself up with a washcloth and I realized that the mark is still there but now it’s a scar.

“Well, me damned. He wasn’t lying.” a voice so familiar said. I turned around and there he was standing right in front of me.

I moved back and he moved to get me. 

“Well this is a surprise, the girl I raped should have been in so much pain. Well let’s deal with that later.” he said.

“W-what are you doing here..?” I asked. 

“Don’t worry, I’m not here to rape you again. I’m here to make you an offering.” he said sitting on the bed to my right. 

“What’s the offering?” I asked. He looked at me as I walked backwards to the shelf. I was looking for something sharp and I found something that would work. It was a blade. A small blade that was really sharp and thank god. 

I kept the blade behind my sleeve so he won’t know that I have one. 

“So what’s the offering?” I asked looking at him.

“Your brothers are looking for you.” He said and I was confused.

“So?” I sat down on the other bed and looked at my hands.

“So, if you don’t tell them that I killed a human, I won’t tell your brothers that you are here with the wolves.”

“Why would I not tell them that you killed a human in the first place?” I asked.  

“Don’t worry about that. Is it an offer?” 

“First of all, that’s not an offer, second, even if you want an offer, I will never do it.” I said, turning around to the book shelf. I tried to stab him with the blade and before I knew it he grabbed a chunk of my hair and pulled me back. I dropped the blade. He let go.

“Well, I didn’t want to do this to you,” he said.

“Do what?” I asked and I turned around and he had a knife in one hand and in the other, was a potion.

“You don’t have to do this.” I said, looking at his feet. 

“You know, I knew about you before you even met me. I’ve been watching you ever since you were born. Your mother knew about all of us and so she put you with those 2 knuckleheads, I knew I couldn’t take you till Nick found you and he did. Your mother saw what I could do, and didn’t trust any of us except NIck and the leader. ” 

“Look Justin, you don’t need to do this. I will go with you and that’s it.” I said and then I saw Nick standing there, hiding from him.

He sighed and grabbed my arm and held me with the blade to my neck. “You can come out now, Nick. No need to hide. I already have your scent.” he said as he moved forward. 

He comes out and looks at me.

“She’s coming with me. No matter what you say.” Justin said. The blade was almost cutting into my neck.

“Justin, why do you want her?” Nick asked and we started to move out of the tent. 

“She’s not what I want, someone wants her.” He said. “Also,” he held up a potion, “you know what this is and I will use it.

TO BE CONTINUED....