Shush . . . | Teen Ink

Shush . . .

By its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania
its_just_me PLATINUM, Greensburg, Pennsylvania

Life is not measured by the amount of breath's you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Summary:

Sarah, a southern girl that lost her father when she was young, is now a senior in high school. She's excited for the school year, but she's terrified at the same time. She has a bad feeling about this year.
Her fears are confirmed when the new kid, Dean, appears in her classes. He makes her stomach churn, but those aren't the only feelings she has for him.
When Sarah's former boyfriend, Scott, keeps appearing, memories return from the summer before. Unpleasant memories. She hasn't spoken to anyone about that night. Not even her best friends. But she might have to tell someone if she wants to stay safe.

Kelcey L.

Shush . . .

natygrace1217 PLATINUM, Jefferson, Maryland

trying is failing, doing is succeeding.

how about putting little moments between the two throughout the book to make it seem longer.  and through that you can show a gradual build on a relationship.

.The.Skys.Rainbow., Glenbrook, Other

Live.Love.Let Go.

This is an amazing novel. I am now addicted. You have to continue it I can't wait to read the rest <3

I'm working on chapter 7, but i've been busy lately and haven't gotten much done. I already  have something planned for the end of the book (I can't tell you what it is, that would ruin the whole book), but I was going to do something like that soon.

Hey, are you going to write more about this novel? It is really good, but I think at the end you should have Dean talk to the head guardian and say how he made her fall in love with him.

XxDream_in_ColorxX SILVER, Ocean Springs, Mississippi

“It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined.” -John Green, Paper Towns

You're very welcome.  =]

Thanks for the suggestion:)

I know how that is, when you just start writing and can't stop.  Sometimes it takes a while to fix things like that; I like to write a piece and then go back after a few weeks to revise. 

To make it more realistic, you could say something in the beginning when Dean gets his 'assignment'; it could maybe be about how he uses some sort of angel power to make her fall for him.  Haha I don't want to tell you how to write your book or anything; just use your imagination. =]

Thanks for the great comment! I thought it happened too fast also, but I don't know how to fix it. It flowed right out of my fingertips onto my keyboard, and just happened. Any advice on how to make it more realistic?

Wow!  I read the whole thing, and I can't wait to read more.  I love the plot, but how fast Sarah falls for Dean is a little unrealistic.  There were a few spelling errors I noticed- but I think most were just typos.  I hope you post more of this soon! =]