Redfish Lake | Teen Ink

Redfish Lake

By LakeTownGirl GOLD, Lake Stevens, Washington
LakeTownGirl GOLD, Lake Stevens, Washington

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss

Summary:

As a sophomore in High School, Mia is sent to a summer camp in Idaho, thankful to get away from her mother for the summer. While she predicts her stay to drag on with boredom, it is just the opposite when she meets Nolan, a boy from her school back in Washington.
Their experiences together never seem to leave Redfish Lake even as real life progresses with school, friends, and home life. The secrets they keep and letters they pass always hold a deeper meaning than what they portray. But with their eventful secrets, they may break a few hearts along the way.

Sarah W.

Redfish Lake

Yes!!! I hate that! I so wish I could! I would have some of the most perfect pictures for my stories! haha

Timekeeper DIAMOND, Cary, North Carolina

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over a garbage can and says 'That's Punk'?, and I say 'No that's trendy'!"- Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day

I do like the picture, I was just curious as to whether or not it would actually play a role in the story.

(Don't you hate it that you can't simply upload your own cover?)

There really isn't much of a significance to the cover. I wasn't really able to find something that would suit a meaning behind the story. So I chose something that felt like summer to me. This picture was warm, somewhat inviting, and had that summertime glow.

This is interesting and sweet, but I don't understand the significance of the cover. Will it show up in the story?

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA and leave your thoughts on it. Thanks :D