The Kidnapping Tree; Short Story | Teen Ink

The Kidnapping Tree; Short Story

October 31, 2018
By Anonymous

Before Halloween of 2007, the town of Chattanooga was a ordinary town. It got its name from the absence of communication, nothing ever happening, nobody coming out of their house, and nobody talking to each other. However,  one group of friends did not follow the rest of the town: Britney, Maria, Mia, and Jennifer were the light of the town. They constantly moved and always stayed outside late at night. The girls have been friends since they could even remember. Their parents grew up best friends, that's how they met and grew a unbreakable bond.

In the early fall of that year, the girls were all at Maria’s house home alone. Maria’s mom went on a business trip while her dad was at work at the time. Britney looked out her window while playing a board game with the rest of the girls, she sees a figure across the street in the woods. This bothered Britney so much to the point where she had to tell them how scared she had become. Mia and Jennifer began to call her crazy and told her that she is just seeing things. However, Maria kind of believed her from past experiences. A while back in the 4th grade, Maria and Britney had a sleepover at Britney’s house. During that night, Maria getting in bed, but Britney had already fell asleep. Once she came out of the bathroom, Maria seen Britney levitating which scarred her for the rest of her life. She never said a single word to Britney after that incident, however, she believed her when she said she seen something unusual.


“ Hey guys.. Call me crazy but I swear I just saw something in those woods.. “, Britney said with a mumble while looking freaked out.


Jennifer replies, “ What did you see? “


“ I’m not really sure, I.. I.. I’ve seen it before in my basement “, Britney says while tears start to roll down her cheek.


Mia yells “ OH c’mon now, monsters aren’t real, so stop trying to scare us!”


“ Mia stop, quit being so mean..” Maria says with anger.


Britney then realized that no one would believe her.. Not a single one of her friends and definitely none of her family.


“ You’re right guys, Im sorry, it was a bad joke.”, Britney mutters.


They continued on with their sleepover by going outside to the treehouse, making smores, and telling ghost stories. While the rest of the girls began to get ready to go back inside, Maria seen a similar figure back along the treeline.


“ Britney.. Come here, Maria yells.

“ Yes? What’s going on?”, Britney says with concern.


“ Come back here with me, I think I saw the same you did.. “, Maria stuttered.

 

At this time, Mia and Jennifer begin to clean up. They brought the chairs and food inside that they were using the past 3 hours outside. Britney and Maria went back by the treeline discussing what they saw while the other 2 girls went inside.


Mia and Jennifer soon realized that they still have not came inside yet after 30 minutes.. They decided to go outside and check. As soon as they stepped outside, they began to yell and holler for Maria and Britney, they heard nothing.


“ Guys stop. This isn't funny. Just come inside so we can go to bed “, Jennifer yells loudly.


After 10 minutes of constantly yelling for the girls, they really started to get worried.


“ Oh my gosh, Jennifer what do we do?? should we call their parents, or the police??”, Mia said shakingly.


“ I think we should call the cops first.. “


Jennifer and Mia run inside and call the cops without hesitation. They tell them that Britney and Maria were outside talking and all of the sudden they were gone. The girls explain their location and tell them Maria’s address, the police rushed and soon were over at the house.


When the police arrived, they started to question Jennifer and Mia about everything they knew.


Sheriff Benson asked, “ Do you know what they were talking about? Did they plan on running away? “


“ Sir all I know is that they saw something in the woods and got very scared but we just thought they were joking around with us, we all began to clean up our mess but Mia and I came inside because we were tired. “


“ Do you know what they saw? “, Benson questions.


“ Britney seen something this afternoon across the street.. She said that she couldn't make up what it was, It just was a faint figure. “, Jennifer replies.


“ OH.. Britney told us that she has seen the same figure in her basement before.. “, Mia exclaims.


Sheriff Benson calls in a search service immediately. Sooner or later, the entire town of Chattanooga is searching for these two poor girls.


They start by looking behind Maria’s house, back in the woods where she had seen the same figure Britney saw. Sheriff Benson was looking around, and had seen this weird gooey substance on a tree. Benson calls in crime scene investigators to examine the substance and figure out what it is.. it wasn't tree sap, no where close.


The CSI arrived and started to analyze the tree.. and sooner or later the team of men found a shoe, it was the left foot black converse, which they didn’t know that Britney had owned a pair of them.

The town of Chattanooga continued the search. After the CSI had informed others of the shoe they had found, Jennifer let everyone know that the black converse shoe had belonged to Britney.


Deep into the woods, covered in goo, a tree stood out more than others. The tree had branches the length of a football field, a discoloration and overall had a extraterrestrial vibe. The investigators began to examine this odd tree and discovered something incredible. There was a perfectly circled hole in the middle of the tree, which had caused a weird suspension. So, they took a long branch and began to stick it inside of the tree in order to see whether or not there was anything inside of it. This however activated a hidden portal..


The wind began to pick up, the forest started to sway back and forth continuously, a storm was starting up. A crash of lighting came and struck down right next to the large mysterious tree. The team of men had no idea what to do and what was going on. After the storm had finished, one guy out of the CSI noticed something peculiar.. He started to walk over to “ the tree “ and seen two young ladys, covered in goo, stuck to each other like glue, on the ground. Tears of joy began to run down his.. He immediately tried to get a response out of Britney and Maria. The first thing he did was try to uncover the two girls from the goo, then he stared to do CPR.


Maria was the only one to wake from this tragedy.. Britney had been consumed from the inside by a demon within the dimension they had visited. No one knows how or why this happened, just stay away from the kidnapping tree.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.