Sleep Deprived | Teen Ink

Sleep Deprived

By TheUnluckyFish, Rolling Fork, Mississippi
TheUnluckyFish, Rolling Fork, Mississippi

Author's note:

I don't know where this story is going either, so bare with me ya'll. Also I tried writing this story once before on a different platform, but I didn't know how to write then.

didn't have time to finish this chapter. sorry.

"School starts too early!" Josie Rose cheered. Josie is my bestest friend in the world. But since she doesn't like her name, I call her Jo. 

"I know right." I tried to sound as excited as Jo did, but I ended up sounding like a cat thrown into the Artic ocean.

"RAWR!" Screamed a familiar voice from behind. It was Jo and I's other best friend Brett. 

"Hi, Brett." Jo said rolling her eyes. 

He play punched me in the side of my arm, scooting his way in between us, "Did you do your part of the project last night, Roxy?" 

"Yeah. I'll e-mail it to you tonight." I replied.

We continued talking to each other until Brett got pulled away from us by his dude friends. 

We finally reached the school after what felt like hours of walking, but it was only five minutes. But then came the hard part. Wellington High had 7 flights of starirs. That's 654 steps in all. I. Hate. Stairs. I already have them at my house. I hate having them at schoold, too.

Exhausted, we reached our lockers, which luckily were at the front of the hall, and put away our things for the day.

These next 3 weeks of school we would basically be doing nothing because they are the last 3 weeks of school. We are basically just going to be watching movies, talking, and eating in class throughout them.

The bell rang loudly alerting all students to get their butts to class. Jo and I walked calmly into Ms. Gemini's room. 

Boy, did we love Ms. Gemini. She's our first period math teacher. We love her because she's kind, makes learning fun, and talks to us like her best friends. Also, math is my favorite subject.

"Okay class. Today we will be watching my favorite movie, Grease. I'm going to turn on the movie, but you will be allowed to do other things like talk, eat, or draw. But please do not be too disruptive." Ms. Gemini explained.

Of course Jo and I talked the whole time. We'd already gone to see Grease with Brett when it came out for it's 40th Anniversary.