Engor's story | Teen Ink

Engor's story

May 4, 2022
By Dragonqueen69, Auburn, Washington
More by this author
Dragonqueen69, Auburn, Washington
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

I made this back In 6th grade(I'm now in highschool) , and I've always been a huge dragon fan 

The author's comments:

This is just a brief look back in time

"I cast this spell upon this dragon to forever protect the one who knows, find this being and protect it with all your life. Now go, find this being to save our kind." " go go, everyone out, out of the village the hunters are coming." " go find this special person."

 

CRASH! " get those dragons!" "ENGOR!!!" 

 

I was the only one to survive that attack that day. I am the only one left. 

Once upon a time there were three kids. They were on a hike one day and found a fossil, but this was not any old fossil. it looked like a t.rex,but had long, muscular arms. It also had wings. "Its a t.rex" said Otis " it's not a t.rex. It has wings, it's a type of Pterodactyl ( flying dinosaurs )" said Sarah. " it's a dragon." said Kiki. "It's not a dragon, you dodo." said otis. " yeah, dragons never existed." said Sarah, as soon as she said that the ground began to quake. The fossil began to move, it began growing scales, it came out of its rocky home. After the dust cleared, a giant figure stood in front of them. It was a dragon that came to protect the one who knew of their existence. Kiki never was bullied after that day all because of the dragon. She eventually gave him a name, Engor ( en-g-or). Engor was her friend and defender ever since that day. It was hard at first to hide him for he is so big. After Engor showed her that he can turn into a human boy she was impressed. He would walk around the school with her and would only show his true self when needed, this meant that he would stand up for her, but if they didn't back down then, he was needed. All he had to do at that point was just turn into a dragon, by then they were gone. Kiki was so happy, not only did she have a protector now but she has a real friend.

After a year went by, bullies from all around tried to break them up but they never had success. The spell could not be broken that was cast upon Engor to protect the one, not only that, but their friendship could not be broken either. " We have to do something we're sitting ducks when he's around" said rony, the leader of the bullies. " we must do something to get them apart, we must get rid of him." "maybe we can make it so that she thinks he hit her" said one of the boys from the group. "Already tried that" said another boy. " we have to think of something. I got it." rony said to the rest of the group, right then he started to whisper to the boys. " here's the plan, we get the girl away from him." " but how?" said a boy " let me finish. And then when he's not there to protect her we can get the drop on him. By then he'll be gone. And no more protection for little miss scaredy pants, no more getting our butts kicked by a smaller boy than us." the plan was set all they had to do now was wait till Kiki was alone. A while later they realized that it was almost impossible for them to be separated, the only time Kiki was alone was in the bathroom, but even then Engor was waiting for her at the door. Finally the day came. they found Kiki walking to school alone or so they thought, little did they know, but Engor has eyes in the back of his head. Engor had seen them following him and Kiki all over school. They set up a trap, Engor would hide behind a tree, while Kiki walked down the sidewalk. As soon as rony jumped out, Engor would come out of his hiding spot as a dragon. As they thought, their trap worked, rony tried to grab Kiki, but he was too slow and got caught by Engor. As they all ran away, Engor smiled at Kiki and Kiki smiled back.

The rest of the way to school Kiki and Engor weren't bothered. When they got to school, rony told the principle that Engor was bullying them and they tried to run but he didn't let them. They knew if Engor was in trouble he wouldn't be with Kiki so they could do whatever they wanted. but the principal didn't believe them. He said that Engor was too nice to be a bully, but he would talk to him. Not as much as they thought but still enough time. When Engor and Kiki got to school Engor got called to the office Kiki went with him but she had to come back for it was a private talk. It was free time and everyone was outside. Rony thought this was the perfect opportunity to have some fun. Rony and the other boys walked up to Kiki. "where's your boyfriend kiwi." rony said in a mean voice and looking around. " i know it was you, you told the principal a lie." Kiki said as she backed away from rony. " a lie, i didn't tell him a lie he was being a bully. I just did what was right." but what rony didn't know was the spell had a few kinks, if Kiki was in trouble Engor would sense it. When Engor tolled the principal that something felt wrong to him, he believed Engor and let him go. Rony wasn't expecting Engor to show up so soon. He was already in dragon form when he got there. Engor immediately got in between Kiki and rony. You could see the anger in his face. You could tell he knew their plan now, to get him away , and as fast a possible get to Kiki. he roared as loud as possible, alarming everyone in the school, even the principal. 

Rony and the whole gang were suspended, but that wasn't the last off them.back at ronys house they were thinking of a new plan. " what can we do now, we have tried everything." said someone from the crowd. " please, quiet down, rony is trying to think of something." titan, rony's first hand man, told the crowd. " right?" he said with a worried face. " they're right we have tried everything, from whacking her upside the head, to getting him in trouble. He's caught us every time." rony said in a disappointed voice. " may I say something." said an eerie voice from the back of the room. Rony instantly got up and looked at the back of the room. "I must say, all superheroes have a weakness, all you need to do is find his." said the voice, still hiding in the shadows. " who are you?" rony asked " oh come on, it's me, Ashley" she said as she walked out of the shadows. The room was in gasps as the girl walked into the room a little more. " i thought that voice was familiar, what are you doing here. This is a boys only area." said rony as he walked into the crowd. " do you know this girl." said titan. " unfortunately, yes she's my sister." " i want some action in my life, this Engor boy problem, i want to be apart of it." said Ashley. " he's no boy, he a monster. But now that i think about it a girl on girl conversation that might be a little better than us you can talk to Kiki..." why me." Ashley said " because they don't know you they won't think you're a threat. And when he's alone we'll cage that monster." "yeah" the crowd screamed. " she can still see him, AT THE ZOO. that monster will be gone let me tell you we'll be back in business in no time." the whole crowd cheered as Ashley walked out the door in terms of faking as a friend.

 When Ashley found Kiki she went right up to her. Once again it was a trap Engor was behind a tree, not thinking Engor jumped out in dragon form scaring the life out of Ashley. As soon as Engor notice he immediately change back into a boy and apologized. Now Ashley knew what her brother was talking about. He is a monster. She thought in her head. " i'm so sorry, i thought you were someone else. Yeah my brother. Ashley thought once more. " i recognize you." Kiki said as Ashley was brushing herself off. " i'm pretty sure you don't. Any ways i'm Ashley." " i'm Kiki." Kiki said as she held out her hand to shake. After a while Kiki became fond of Ashley and soon enough Ashley became fond of Kiki. the two chatted on and on about each other's lives. And soon enough Kiki felt so into her that she wanted some time alone with Ashley. Right at that moment Ashley remembered the plan. Kiki tolled Engor that she wanted to get to know Ashley better alone " ooh he doesn't have to go why can't he stay maybe you can introduce me." " no i was pretty sure you wouldn't want to be introduced on the count of he's been following us everywhere." Kiki said. At that point Ashley really wanted to tell Kiki about the plan but thought it might hurt her feelings that she was supposed to be part of an ambush on Engor and she didn't want to lose her only friend.

Back with Engor, he was walking along the road when he heard something in the bushes from behind him. He stood there for a second but nothing happened. When he turned around rony was standing in front of Engor with the rest of the boys in the group. Engor turned around to run but more boys were behind him. He had no choice. he thrashed as a dragon, the sad part was Engor didn't know that rony called the authorities and the animal control. The police started shooting at Engor, AC (animal control)threw their nets at him. Finally Engor noticed he wasn't just fighting rony, he tried to stop but he couldn't it was too late, he had shown every one what he really is he stopped fighting and let them take him down. Kiki and Ashley heard the sound of gunshots and rushed over as fast as they could. When they turned the corner Kiki almost bust out in tears, she ran over and asked the police what had happened, but he didn't answer. Rony walked up to them and said " good job sis." that when Kiki realized who Ashley was. She was filled with anger, " you were part of this, you were only a distraction from that." she said in tears as she pointed at Engor. You could see the anger in her. "I'm not part of this i swear." Ashley said as rony looked at her in confusion. " you were a part of this you were the distinction." rony blabbed out. " and you did a perfect job." he blabbed again. Ashley hit her brother, trying to tell him to be quiet. She tried to talk to Kiki but didn't get to. "Why would you do this. Never mind i don't want to hear it." Kiki said as she walked toward Engor and said one word "sorry."

Kiki watched as they took Engor away. "I'm so sorry, i promise you that this was not part of the plan. I had no idea..." Ashley was cut short when Kiki started to say something. "Were you involved in this, that's all i need to know." Ashley didn't want to tell her the truth, but after that experience she had to. " yes. But after i meet you and talked to you for a little bit i didn't want to be, and i had no idea that it was going to happen like that. I'm sorry that Engor's gone but please don't take this out on me. I want to be you friend, i also wanted to tell you about the attack but didn't have the courage to."Ashley said in a sad voice. The room fell silent for a moment. Ashley sighed, then all of the sudden Kiki through something at Ashley. " i know you're mad but you don't have to..." Ashley stopped short when she saw what Kiki throw at her. She looked up. " if you want to be my friend, you have to help me get back mine." Kiki said with a smile.

i don't know where he would be." "Ashley, come on just find the biggest cage. That's sure to be him." "once we find him, and if we find him, how are we going to get him out." Ashley said once more. They both called out his name, in a whisper. "Engor. Where are you." Kiki said. As they walked down the eerie halls of the animal containment senator. All of the dogs barking in every kennels. It started to get quieter as they got closer to the end of all the cages. At this point there were no animals in the cages for a while after things quieted down. Kiki and Ashley both looked around, the animals weren't they. Now they knew where Engor was at least somewhat located. Kiki looked around the corner, there were guards everywhere, and they were guarding the biggest cage Kiki had ever seen. Kiki didn't see anything, until she saw changes connected to something in the cage. At that point Kiki knew that had to be Engor, they had figured out that he could change color. They had only put chains on him just to be able to see him. " OK, you distract the guards. And i'll get Engor out of there." Kiki said. " why me, did you not see how good i am at that." Ashley said back. " you got Engor into this mess. It's time you got him out of it." Kiki told Ashley. Ashley thought for a second, she had a point, Engor was in this mess because of her. She finally agreed to distract. " hey you, all of you, i'm trying to break that out." Ashley said as she pointing at the cage Engor was in. " come on, come get it." Ashley yelled once more at the guards. At that point the guards chased after her, and she ran as fast as possible. When Kiki knew they were far enough away she rushed over to Engor's cage. " Engor, Engor can you hear me, Engor, Engor, Engor please no are you alive." Kiki said to the cage. Engor from around the corner, coming out of hiding, for he recognized that voice. " Kiki, i'm so happy to see you." Engor said as he ran over to the gate. " but you have to get out of here. They could come back at any time." " I have to save you, you want to be here." Kiki asked Engor. " no but I'm worried that you'll get caught here. You have to get out of here, it's not safe." Engor tried to reason with Kiki, but she wouldn't listen. " what were you doing back there. I thought you were in those changes." Kiki said to Engor. " I thought I could trick them if they thought i was there i could get out, and they would think I'm still here." Engor explained to Kiki his plan to get out. He went on and on about the plan. Kiki stopped him so she could talk. " dude, i have a key." Kiki said as she held up a key. " I got it when the guards went past me they didn't even notice me." Kiki said as she unlocked him.

Ashley was still running from the guards. she turned a corner and ran into another guard. She panicked. The guard in front of her didn't have a weapon, so she turned back and showed the other guards which way she went. As soon as the guards followed her into the hall, the guards tried to shoot her but there tranquilizers missed her and hit the other guard. Ashley ran once more, but this time the guards didn't follow her. They all ran to the guard who got shot. She ran back to the cage. she was still running when she saw Engor and Kiki walk around the corner. Kiki saw Ashley running and thought she was still running from the guards. She pulled Engor aside to hide. Ashley was confused, she turned around to see if anyone was following her and if that's why they were hiding, but nobody was they're. She came over to the hiding spot and told them that no one was behind her. Once Ashley told them what she had done to get away, Engor asked "OK that was interesting, um, can we get out of here now." Kiki and Ashley looked at each other and smiled. They all started to run down the hall. As soon as they were out, Engor was so happy to see the outside light again. He thanked Kiki and Ashley for saving him.

I wish I could keep going, but I think I have some explaining to do when I get home. I think my brother will be mad, too" Ashley told Kiki and Engor that she had to go. " catch you on the other side Kiki." she yelled once more as she ran to her houses. " thank you. this has really been the best few years of my life, except for when i got kidnapped." Engor said. Kiki had a sad look on her face. " where are you going?" Kiki asked Engor in a disappointed voice. " i must go to my world and tell the dragon queen that the mission was a success." Engor told her. " you leaving me alone, well i guess i have Ashley." Kiki said as she started to walk away. " Kiki, where are you going..." Engor told her. Kiki turned around. " you're coming too." Engor said as he used his powers. Little specks of sparkles floated around Kiki. after all the sparkles went away, Kiki didn't feel any different, but when Engor held up a piece of broken metal that acted like a mirror. She didn't see anything different about her until she turned her head. She was in shock, on both sides of her head were two pointed ears. " you made me an elf!" Kiki screamed at Engor. Engor eventually calmed her down. " you're not a Santa elf, you're a mythical elf, and you don't want to be yourself where we're going." Engor told her. Kiki gave Engor a confused face. " the queen will want to meet the chosen one." Engor said as more speckles floated around both of them. For a quick second everything went blank. When Kiki opened her eyes she was stunned. " wow, what is this place." Kiki asked Engor. " this is my home,where i came from." Engor replied. " the queen awaits.". Kiki followed Engor through the enchanted lands. Finally they reached the castle. They entered and Engor immediately changed into a dragon. They walked through 2 big doors and a beautiful site appeared. The Queen dragon was sitting right there. Lets see what otis and Sarah think about this. Kiki said to herself. She reached for her phone but it wasn't there. " your majesty," Engor said with a bow. " Engor? I tout i lost all dragons from that attack. I'm so glad you're OK." the Queen said " the chosen one has arrived." Engor said back to her as he stepped out of the way of Kiki. Kiki waved. " oh, Engor this isn't the one she's an elf." the Queen said " no she's a human, i had to transform her so she would fit in." Engor said. "Well then your job is done." the Queen said. Engor said goodbye to Kiki. " what you're leaving me here. I can't go back, back to my friend." Kiki started yelling at Engor again. " once a creature has seen our world, we can not send them back for it is too risky, they might tell they're world about it and then we would all be in danger." the Queen told Kiki " trust me dear."Kiki didn't know what to do, Engor was gone, she couldn't go back home, and she was lost in the biggest castle she'd ever seen.

 

" what can i do, what can i do. I got it" 

THE END

To be continued

 

next book is coming out soon.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.