The Secrets Beneath The Surface: War of Peace | Teen Ink

The Secrets Beneath The Surface: War of Peace

By KhloeRAlvarez, Visalia, California
KhloeRAlvarez, Visalia, California

You are not alone, and you never will be

Erick was angry now, his plans to use probably the last Humalien in the universe to destroy all of humankind were foiled. But now he has another version of probably the last Humalien alive, a clone that is both evil and annoying.

Erick then tried to strike me with a green blade but I of course avoided it with ease. Megan also avoided it with ease, once you fight Erick as many times as Megan and I have, avoiding those blades is just like you’re dodging a dodgeball that wasn’t even supposed to be thrown at you. It’s also worth mentioning that once Erick continuously starts trying to kill you, you start realizing he’s not so great at combat. 

Aqua washed away the blades with her water powers and quickly ran to our side. Erick was now even more angry. If you ask me, the color of this planet could make him angry even if it looked positive, Erick had some unexplainable anger issues that were a secret to nobody.

Erick then summoned this huge gigantic orb almost the size of this planet that was red and surrounded by glitching effects. We stared at it. Aqua shot out water from her hands and immediately it went away. 

I knew Erick could be weak and pathetic sometimes but I didn’t think that it could get this bad. Erick’s like that one kid in school who tries to act and look tough but they’re really just some guy who can’t even bare tripping over his own shoelace, so I’m pretty sure that you can imagine that fighting Erick just feels like taking on some nine-year-old who is at the brink of rage quit on a video game.

Just then, the clone of me decided to join in the battle (I don’t think any of us realized he was here until now). He jammed his sword into the surface of the planet and it immediately turned into an earthquake. I wasn’t going to abandon Megan and Aqua for the skies, nor the rest of my friends, too. 

Erick was up in the sky, looking down on us with burning rage in his eyes and facial expression. His dark, Maroon hair swayed in the air and his wings commonly set a breeze. 

“This ends now!” Erick yelled.“What ends now? The annoying clone or whatever other conflict there is?” I asked. “Surely the clone couldn’t have been that annoying. Aqua said. “You’d be surprised.” I replied.

Erick then charged at the ground towards us. Aqua and Megan quickly used their powers at the same time to create a stone wall to shield us.

Kevin and Bryan were trying to sneak up on Erick. Erick quickly turned around and shot blades at them. They immediately flew back towards Me, Megan, and Aqua. Delmar was still out there fighting. He came towards us after a hard fight with my clone.

“Erick with that clone is too strong!” He announced.

“I know, which is why we have to somehow get rid of that clone.” I replied.

“But how?” Megan asked, “That clone won’t go away on his own.”

“I know that.” I replied.

There was no way in sight that I could possibly think of how we could win this. I teleported me and my friends back to Giplantis, where we would all be safe from Erick and the clone.

“We can’t just stay and hide here forever,” Aqua announced, “the longer we stay away from Erick, the more lives he is ruining!”

“I know that,” I replied, “I just can’t think of how to beat him this time.”

“Erick had always been trying to kill us, the only thing that is different about this time is that he’s actually gotten us stuck.” Kevin announced.

“What if we don’t win this time?” Bryan asked.

“We have to, otherwise Humanity will be no more, and that probably includes Humaliens.” I replied.

“But Erick’ll stop at nothing to ensure that peace is never brought back.” Megan said.

“I know.” I replied.

“So how do we beat him?” Delmar asked.

“I just said that I don’t know how we will beat him this time.” I replied.

“There’s got to be some way we can beat him.” Megan said, “We’ve beaten him before.”

Everyone then began sharing ideas all at once. Just then, I had a vision. It was a vision of the past, but only back during the days of the earth. There was a spaceship out in space.

It looked very different from now, having such unadvanced oxygen systems? Good thing I’m only imagining it and not actually a part of it. Walking right through me was a guy who looked a lot like Erick, only his personality was NOTHING like Erick at all.

He was kind to those around him. Just then, glitch particles appeared out of nowhere and were heading straight towards the guy. He then lost all full control and blew up the sun which then exploded and blew up the entire solar system that humans knew. Only the ones in space, which was quite a lot of them as there were many huge ships, made it out alive. 

I then remembered one time when mind-controlled me looked at Erick’s to-do list. There was this sun outside of the planet that held a solar system (sometimes it was called Liako systima). It had this atom-like thing that swirled around it.

I finally realized what Erick was trying to do, he was trying to destroy the sun that kept all of us alive. He was trying to get rid of all beings except glitches in the universe, and with an evil and annoying version of me; he could.

I can’t let that happen, sure, humankind was rude, but nobody deserves to die because of their actions. But, back to Erick’s plan; could this possibly be the beginning of the end for us all? Could we be out of luck and the future is inevitable?

To make matters worse, I had another vision. It was on a planet right next to the sun. I looked in a direction. Erick (the nice one) was down on his knees. In front of him was a demonic glitchy figure.

“Please don’t!” Nice Erick begged.

“For my kind!” The glitch yelled, before kicking him to the side.

A bright neon green beam shot out like a bullet from the evil Erick’s hand. The minute it hit the sun, the sun blew up. Everything got destroyed. It was yet again another universe gone, and this time, humanity did not survive.

The vision then ended. I wouldn't have imagined that would happen, what if we were the last species in the universe, no, not just the universe, in all of space? What if when we die, then space will just be empty and there won’t be anything left. If that was the case, then I HAD to stop Erick. I had to stop Erick in order to save everyone including my friends and myself. The only question is, how?

Erick’s been waging a full rampage on the humans. We’ve gotten to the point where we hid in bunkers and hoped that the aliens wouldn’t be able to hurt us. Some bunkers unfortunately couldn’t hold the aliens back. Recently, Aqua, Megan, and Delmar have constantly been trying to kill humans. Luckily, we’ve been able to calm them down. They’ve also reported that whenever they seem to lose control due to their alien instincts, which they thought that they have long since overcome, they were more powerful than usual.

This must be the work of Erick, I know him, there was no way he could blow up the sun and not have any distractions. But still, I haven’t even tried to fight him, and the more we go without fighting him or making sure that he doesn’t do anything to end all existence, the closer he probably is to getting rid of our races.

Megan, Aqua, and Delmar have decided to stay away from us for a bit, at least until they can once again come over these stronger instincts. I really had to do something now, there was no way that I could expect a day in my mind to be normal without Megan around. Kevin and Bryan would always look for people who weren’t in the bunkers that kept people safe from aliens. I decided to try and find a way to stop the vision of the future from happening. As I was doing some research, I suddenly had another vision.

It was all dark and empty, all around me was endless void and darkness. There were stars all around me. Then, I noticed a round blue object coming around where I got closer. It was Earth. My eyes widened. I had thought that Earth got destroyed by its solar system’s sun a long time ago, a very long time ago. I decided to go see what Earth looked like in-person (well maybe not in-person, fully, since it was a vision.) It at first looked nothing like the few pictures we had left of earth, but then, it got closer to a large star. It instantly warmed up and I saw everything that we had left, the buildings weren’t made out of technology, not fully at least, there was this strange tall tower that I saw. Then there was this huge clock tower that still somehow worked. I then saw this huge and fancy building that was white. There was an odd flag there that had this blue square in the corner and on the blue square there were about 50 stars (I think) and about 13 stripes that went in a red-white pattern. It was weird but somehow it all seemed like a beautiful dream that I once had as my real life. Then, I turned around. There was ash all around, and everything looked destroyed. There was this one huge rocketship that had this yellow and black symbol on it. Surely this couldn’t have been earth, I thought everyone took care of it, not destroyed it. Then I realized, what if humans weren’t as innocent as I may have thought they were? Could it have been that neither side is the good guy? I finally realized it, many humans on this planet hurt and even killed others for their own gain. Earth humans were just like the aliens except much colder and cruel. 

The vision ended. Bryan and Kevin had just returned home. I looked at the time. I was in that vision for five hours. It really didn’t feel like it was that long, I’d even say that it was 30 minutes if I didn’t see the time.

“Anything new?” Kevin asked.

“Nothing yet.” I replied.

“We’ll have to try and speed things up a bit, otherwise humans will die.” Kevin announced.

“I know.” I replied.

“I hope Erick isn’t getting creative already.” Bryan announced.

“Surely he isn’t.” I replied, “He usually does something right away the minute he thinks that he gets a good idea, we all know from personal experience, especially for me.”

“But that’s the thing,” Kevin announced, “if he’s realized that acting on a good idea right away was a bad idea, he could be waiting to find a moment where we won’t be able to stop him.”

Kevin was right. Usually Kevin just says stuff like that to pick a fight he doesn’t have to but this time, he was right, Erick could have been learning from his mistakes, every time we’ve fought him, he’s seemingly always closer and closer to victory. Just then, everything started to glitch. Kevin immediately went to Bryan’s side. Like I mentioned in the very first book, Kevin and Bryan share a friendship like no other. 

I got up immediately and ran outside. The sky was glitching and the clouds were slowly fading into different bright colors. It started raining, only it was raining hacker-blades. Some were red and the rest were green. Kevin immediately pulled me inside. This was the work of Erick. 

“He’s gone really far now.” Bryan commented.

“Do you think it’s too late?” Kevin asked. I stopped.

Too late . . . No. . . It surely couldn’t have been too late, surely I still have time to stop this, this can’t be the end yet. . . can it? Without even thinking I ran outside like a trackstar. Kevin and Bryan immediately chased after me. “Charlie, are you crazy?!” Kevin yelled, “You’ve already been hacked by Erick once! The last thing we need right now is for you to get hacked by that psychopath Erick again!”

“I’m not going to let it be too late, even if it already is!” I yelled back.

I almost got hit probably more than 100 times. I finally made it to the headquarters of SpaceSloths. I had to go seek Erick out. I tried to use one of the spaceships but none of them were working. 

I activated my Humalien form and flew into space, dodging the blades all around me. I looked around me and flew all over a bit until I finally found the base. I looked everywhere for the number 0010010. Finally, I found it.

I got in the spaceship and left. However, when I arrived there, it was different, it was just some planet. I felt something coming up behind me. I immediately ducked down. Right there in front of me was my clone.

“Where’s Erick?!” I demanded, getting my sword out. “Right here!” I heard Erick shout from behind me. I didn’t have time to move out of the way before Erick threw a red hacker-blade at me. I immediately collapsed on the ground.

Blood started to leak from my side. I tried to wipe it away. Erick approached me, holding yet another red hacker-blade towards my face.

“I knew you’d try to come after me, so I just had to lure you back over here myself!” He yelled, kicking me towards some ravine. I was grasping onto the ground with my life on just one hand. I was too weak to be in my Humalien form so flying wasn’t an option.

“I can’t believe I’m actually seeing you like this, you’re usually the one that defeats me, but I guess this time it is the other way around now!” Erick announced manically.

“At least I don’t have to create an evil clone of someone that only knows how to say two sentences only!” I yelled.

Erick just rolled his eyes and stepped on my hand. This was the end, there was no way that I’d survive this time.

My body then hit the ground. Surely I was dead. Just then I kept hearing a familiar voice. It was my little sister, Rosie. She kept telling me to wake up. Finally, I did.

Things were starting to go wrong, Kingsley (who nicknamed himself Killy since he wanted to sound more intimidating without changing his name too much) had to keep himself away from me because he kept getting this instinct to kill me. I was once again now all alone. I wondered if my brother, Charlie, was still okay. Hopefully, he’s been staying away from aliens and being safe. I would hate to have to hear or see that he was dead. He’s my older brother and unlike our parents, he actually cared about me.

I was walking around. My pink skirt that had pink straps that went around my shoulders was wet because it was always raining on this planet that I was on. It started thundering, that’s never happened before. I was underneath a tree. This was weird, nothing like this had ever happened before.

It most likely had something to do with Erick. Just then, I don’t know how I didn’t realize this at first, but the rain was made up of these blades, some were red and the rest were green. 

This definitely must have been the work of Erick, he’s always trying something new to get rid of the humans. I don’t blame him, I’ve never really been a big fan of humanity, you might think that I’m just being cruel but if you were put through what I was put through by humans, you’d understand.

I just hope Charlie doesn’t get affected by this, I hope that whatever Erick is planning will fail. It kept raining and raining blades. I found a piece of wood that was round and long. I then placed a stick under it and went out. I explored a bit, the planet was filled with trees with thick leaves that covered the sky.

I then heard some people nearby who were talking. I ran to the scene, then hid behind a tree to see what was going on. There was this orange figure that looked very familiar. I sneaked tree after tree further, taking a minute to peak from behind it.

I heard a voice that was very, very familiar as if I had once known them well. I peeked out from behind a tree. My eyes widened. It was my older brother, Charlie! But he wasn’t in the best form, he looked pretty beat up. Just then, Erick then let him off down a deep ravine. The second Erick turned around (and yes, it was actually one second) I bolted downwards and into the ravine.

Charlie was probably dead. I cried. I had just found my long-lost older brother just to see him die. I begged for him to wake up, but he didn’t. I quickly left afterwards, heartbroken by what I had seen. 

Then I realized something, Killy had no alien instincts whatsoever, and that it was Erick that had the ability to do something like that. Erick had taken all my friends and everyone else that I cared about. Charlie was dead because of Erick, and I would not let that slide.

Just as I began plotting the slow and 

painful ways that I could kill Erick, suddenly Charlie got up. We both stared at each other for a moment. I burst into tears of happiness and ran to hug him.

“Charlie, I’ve missed you so much!” I exclaimed, tears falling from my eyes so fast they probably broke the sound barrier.

“I’ve missed you too, Rosie.” Charlie replied.

We both knew that there was no way that we could just stay here and have a cute little reunion scene. Erick was on the move and he was causing chaos all around, we had to stop him before it was too late.

Charlie told me that Erick has been trying to defeat him and his friends for months now, on top of that, he even discovered that he was the last Humalien assassin alive. I decided to reveal to him that I was also somehow Humalien. 

Charlie was surprised to hear that I was Humalien as well, he thought that he was the last one left alive. We both then suddenly realized that we didn’t have a way to get out of this planet. Charlie was still kind of weak so he couldn’t fly through this system with his Humalien form, and I didn’t even know how to activate my Humalien form at all.

We would have to wait for a spaceship or something to crash here in order to escape. I decided that since Charlie was a Humalien who knew how to use his powers, I could possibly learn a thing or two from him, that way I could fight alongside him against Erick. 

Charlie did teach me how to use some of my powers, but I guess some Humaliens wind up with different powers than other Humaliens. Charlie also said that I shouldn’t fight alongside Erick. I would have told him that I already have, twice, but I didn’t want his rage to end up enabling him to make a mistake.

I knew that every Humalien form was different. Charlie’s was a Human-Dragon, it’s

kind of common to have a mystical animal form, but also kind of rare, really a 50/50 in most cases. Charlie and I were starting to catch up on what we were doing. I decided to not mention that Killy was an alien and just used his real name, Kingsley.

No, I never wanted to hurt Charlie or anyone, but recently there've been moments where I couldn’t feel like I was in control. In order to keep Charlie and the others safe, me, Aquatic, and Delmar separated ourselves from the rest of the group.

We also had to pretend like we were under whatever it was that was causing the aliens’ instinct to kill that was enlarged, 

otherwise the aliens would think that we were humans. Sure, showing our form worked but whenever we did transform, there was no control at all unless we transformed back into our human form, so we all just decided to stay in our human forms most of the time.

I really hope this ends soon, I do know that Erick was behind this, I couldn’t name anyone else capable of this. I’ve always known that Erick wanted to destroy us all, that’s why he hid the undead aliens, because he believed that they’d be the ones to stop him, but everyone thinks that it was just the people that did it.

Erick was now more determined to win, and he even had his own version of Charlie. Things were bad, if Erick wins, we’ll be forced to say goodbye to life as we know it. I would have never thought that Erick would be able to do something like this.

Aquatic and Delmar were bonding by the water. I sighed. I missed Charlie so much, I

would go see him again but I can’t if I want him to be safe. The instinct comes whenever we’re around humans so we just isolated ourselves from town.

I looked at the sky, it was clear and full of stars. I could see that atom sun. If you’re wondering what the atom sun is, it’s basically just a small version of earth’s sun that has an atom-symbol-shaped thing swirling around it. 

I looked around me and there was grass everywhere and one large tree. It was one of those trees that had vines for leaves, you know, the kind that is always shown at least once or twice in some epic or retold fairytale story. Underneath those leaves was a very small pond, so small it could have been a puddle with slight depth. I stared at the pond. A leaf fell down from the tree. It landed right in the center of the pond. It created a ripple. I watched as the ripple grew from tiny little rings to huge rings. Then I realized something, the ripples start out small, then they get bigger and bigger, but something has to start the ripples in order for that to happen, just like grandmother willow said in the Disney movie; Pocahontas.

Maybe just waiting and hoping for this to end isn’t enough, maybe I’d have to start my own ripple and make myself a miracle. 

Just then, I heard splashing Aquatic and Delmar were gone, I assumed they jumped into the water, that’s when it started raining. Any plant here can just generate its own water so we didn’t really need too much rain for the crops. Only thing was that this was no ordinary rain, it was hacker-blades instead of raindrops. This was definitely the work of Erick.

I stayed under the tree, but that was a bad idea because the blades tore through the leaves. I decided to make a run for it. I shot out lava from my hands in hopes that it would eliminate the blades. I took the closest shelter that I could find. It was an abandoned Catholic Church.

I looked at the glass painting in the 

window. One of the glasses on the side was broken. The window art showed Mary when she gave birth to Jesus. There was nobody there. I’m pretty sure that should have been obvious considering the fact that it was abandoned. 

There was a spider crawling around. It was a very big spider. I moved out of its way in hope of not being bitten, the last thing I needed was to get bitten by some spider and end up becoming some spider comic superhero. Being a lava monster that can transform into a human at will is already enough for me.

Just then, the spider started taking the form of a human, only it wasn’t a human it was an alien assassin. I knew that because if it was a human assassin, it wouldn’t be a spider, they’d still look human but they’d have powers, and Humaliens only have parts of them that look like a creature. The alien got out his sword and started to come after me. 

I just can’t catch a break, can I?

“I’m an alien just like you.” I said.

“Prove it then.” He replied.

I sighed and unleashed my lava monster form, or as I called it, my Molten form. I chose the name Molten because it’s kind of a fire term and it sounded like Megan, most of us just slightly changed our names to something that sounded like our names.

He immediately left the church. I sighed. I began walking around the church. There were sculptures from stories of the bible all over the place. I looked at one where Mary and Joseph were having their wedding. 

I wished that I could still be with Charlie, while I’d probably never mention it, and I don’t think I have already, I loved him. As much as I loved him and wanted to see him, I also wanted him to be safe, too. 

It stopped raining after a while. I began to come out of the church. It was daytime already. I hoped that Charlie was still okay, 

hopefully he didn’t get hit by a blade, the last thing anyone needs right now is for Erick to have another evil clone of Charlie or anyone, really.

I decided to visit town. It was all destroyed, though. There was fire in some spots, small fires, though, there were buildings taken down, and graffiti almost everywhere you looked. There was even a building that was on fire. It almost looked like the aliens had purged this entire place and destroyed it. 

As hard as it was for me, I had to ignore it, if I looked like I cared, that was an automatic alert to aliens that I might be human. I mean, deep inside I am, but not on the outside anymore. 

Neither Delmar nor Aqua were in sight. I assumed that they were still underwater. I began to explore town some more. There were dead bodies everywhere, including one with someone who looked like a young child.

I was almost horrified, I would have 

been but I’m a lava monster so nothing is really horrifying to me anymore. I decided to leave, but I knew that probably almost any other town nearby was doomed. 

I remembered the ripples, something had to start them in order for them to grow. I decided to head back to space to go and battle Erick, but I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do it alone. I decided to get help from Delmar and Aqua.

I will never forget that day. (or days, I was in space). That day when I was on a space mission. I don’t know what happened, all I know is that I almost ended humankind, my own kind. I would never want to hurt anyone, not even a fly.

I remembered what it was like for me growing up, I’m not saying I had a bad childhood, I was very social and had many 

friends, caring parents and siblings, I always did well in school, etc. I was like any other child in the world. My parents, however, weren’t my biological parents, they were my aunt and uncle so technically my siblings were my cousins. I only pretended they were my family because I didn’t want the other kids to see me as a freak. It’s not that my real parents didn’t want me, they did, but they just couldn’t, I never found out why.

I was always into space and astronomy. I loved studying the stars. I could name almost all of them. I remember whenever it was nighttime, I’d always run upstairs into the attic and watch the stars through my telescope.

I also loved playing video games, too. I would always play them whenever my friends were over. Sometimes they’d be playing with me, and sometimes they’d be watching me. I usually played Sci-fi games, they were always amusing to me.

I remember one day when me and my 

family went camping. Our campsite was near a river. One of my older cousins decided to cannonball in. I watched him jump in. Of course I didn’t want to but then another one of my cousins pushed me down anyway, then cannonballed in right after me. 

“Seriously?” I asked annoyed the minute my other cousin, Miguel got up.

Miguel chuckled.

“Oh come on, it was just a little drop!” He exclaimed jokingfully. 

“You know Erick’s scared to death of jumping in the water like that.” My older cousin, Damien announced.

Yep, that’s right, I’m Erick, the bad guy of this series, only I never wanted to be. I’m pretty sure you can tell because I don’t have any tragic or dark stories to tell about my past. 

My youngest cousin, Elizabeth came running in at the speed of sound and jumped off from a high rock. She didn’t come up for a moment. My cousins and I got worried. We 

swam towards where she jumped in. Elizabeth immediately popped out of the water. Water splashed on our faces like a volcano.

“Don’t ever do that again Elizabeth!” Daimen demanded, “You could have been hurt!”

If you haven’t noticed already, Daimen’s that one older relative that always acts like it’s his responsibility to keep us safe. But you wouldn’t know that unless you actually knew him because he had the brightest blonde hair, freckles on his face, blue eyes, and he looked like one of those boys that would die of fright from just talking to somebody.

Miguel’s concern about any of us (except Elizabeth) was far less than Daimen’s. He really could care less about us not. He had black hair that was so slick it looked like he used all kinds of products (his hair was just naturally like that somehow), tan skin and dark brown eyes that looked black sometimes.

Elizabeth very much orange hair, it was 

basically impossible for you to have actually not been able to tell that her hair was orange. She also had pale white skin with some tan patches on it, freckles across her face, and green eyes that looked just like well taken-care-of grass when it was in the sunlight. She didn’t look like a daredevil, heck she was 10, yet she looked like she was seven, but she was a daredevil, you gave her a dare, she’d find the trickiest way to do it and complete it successfully. Elizabeth was adopted. My aunt and uncle didn’t just want to have boys so they adopted her.

Just then, I saw my mother. She’d sometimes come by to visit us, but of course, she couldn’t keep me herself because of that reason that I never found out about. I swam out of the river. 

“Why were you in that river?” She asked.

“Because SOMEONE,” I said, while turning to Miguel, “pushed me in.”

“Miguel!” My aunt yelled marching towards the river. Elizabeth was covering her 

mouth, and also her laughter too. Daimen didn’t give a reaction.

I just shrugged and went back to the river anyway. That’s when we heard something coming. It was the sound of waves crashing together. I looked where the sound was coming from. My eyes widened. Apparently there was a small (by depth) dam nearby and it somehow broke. Elizabeth, Daimen, Miguel, and my aunt got out of the river and towards the campsite at the speed of sound. 

Luckily, it was only a small flood and there was a medium-sized  drop from the river, too. There was a set of stone-carved stairs that led to the river. That night, I was in the trailer. There was the sound of an owl hooting, but that could have just been a cricket or something like that.

The stars glimmered and shined in the sky, at least that’s what it looked like. I knew that those stars simply just looked like they glimmered and shined, but in reality, they were burning.

I got out my telescope and began watching them. My aunt was making dinner in the kitchen. Elizabeth and Miguel were playing tag outside. Daimen was playing chess with some boy who’s lot was right next to ours. 

My mother was sitting on the picnic table. She looked like she was looking at something in her hands. The moon was half-full. I looked through my telescope to see the moon. An asteroid shot across it. 

Just then, my aunt called all of us down for dinner. I immediately left the small room in the trailer and sat down at the table with the rest of my cousins. 

She made us hot dogs tonight. 

That was one memory I loved from my childhood, but now, it is all over. Something powerful took over me and I couldn’t control myself at all. 

I shot something into the sun. It blew 

up, now the earth blew up. Only 15 million (estimated) people survived. So yeah, that’s the tragic backstory of the villain, though I guess it wasn’t the darkest villain origin.

Hey to all the people who’ve read the first book of this series, it’s me again, Zander! Yeah, I didn’t interfere much with the story after that until now. I had no reason to. My duty was to keep humans safe from aliens, nothing more, nothing less.

Everyday was just the same, though, I’d kill some aliens, save some humans, yadda, yadda, yadda. It kind of got boring but this 

duty wasn’t exactly my choice. Trust me, I would rather be a dependent normal human being than this. Charlie was one of my friends, as you know if you read the first book. 

I still cared about him even though he had two major problems. 1. He kept blaming himself for things that were out of his control. 2. He’d risk his life for nothing. Other than that, he was a great kid.

I know I act as if he’s 12 or 11 or something, but he’s in his 20s (I think). It’s just that there aren’t many other people who are in their 40s like me around here, and by this point, anyone who looks like youth is defined as a kid, at least based on their personality. 

I’m not saying that I’m fully grown up on the inside, I’m really not, but still. I actually don’t think anyone really knows I’m not a grown up on the inside, I mean, I kill aliens, kill monsters, and I even had my own family until a monster killed them.

I decided to never have any friends or fall

in love ever again after that, I didn’t want people to get hurt, and they would if I was close to them. That’s why you’ll never see or hear me talking to anyone, really. 

Growing up, I never had a family, I didn’t have any care taker at all. I grew up surviving on my own. I surprisingly did well on my own, but still, I’d look at other kids and they always had an adult with them wherever they went, and I just wished that maybe one day, I’d be able to have someone to care for. But then I did find that person and now they’re dead. It’s really not what I intended but this is what I get for being a human assassin not by choice, just can’t have life’s luxuries so that others have some.

I’ve gotten used to it by now. Ever since I met Charlie, I’ve worried about him, but I didn’t want to get any closer to him as just someone who I saved because most likely, I’ll fail my duty of saving them next time, and then that time when I couldn’t save them almost 

came but I was there for it.

To you, I may as well have just lived the impossible, I mean, human beings can’t live without saying at least over 50 trillion words to someone each day, can’t they? And who is a man or a woman without a lover or at least a friend? Trust me, you’re better off acting like your mute and can never learn sign language.

Sure, sometimes I wish my life could be so much more than killing aliens on a daily basis but that’s just what life’s gonna be like until pigs stop flying (yes, pigs on Giplantis can fly, that caused a LOT of chaos when the first Giplantis settlers arrived).

One day, all humans that were not human assassins were required to leave. I wondered what was going on, our next break wasn’t until five months later. I went to ask people if they knew what was going on, neither of them had a clue. There were even people who didn’t reply at all.

I stayed behind as the human assassins 

were instructed to do so. I tried asking a few of them but they didn’t have a clue as to what was going on either. That’s when the big boss came in. Some backed up. Our boss didn’t really look scary, it’s just that nobody was used to seeing a powerful (by wealth and success) man approach them, not even people who kill aliens who nobody thought existed until about three or more centuries ago. 

The big man came to a stop.
“So, you all are human assassins, correct?” He asked.

“Yes sir.” Every one of us replied.

I decided to ask him what was going on.

“I do not know, but the aliens have somehow gotten stronger, more deadly, more risk-taking so much that we can’t avoid them anymore.” He replied.

“Don’t worry sir, we can handle it!” One replied.

Just then, he died instantly. All the other men jumped back. Me? I was used to this 

already. I could tell that these guys were new, if they weren’t rookies, they’d have already been used to the sight of someone dying out of nowhere. Just then, when we turned back, the boss was dead, his blood leaking all over the floor. One by one they all fell, and then I noticed something, it was a red glitchy blade.

I recognized this blade, for the first time in forever, my eyes actually widened, trust me, it only took a miracle from the fiery depths to see my eyes like that. I looked up. There he was, Erick Lorck, and some evil dark red clone of Charlie for some reason. The evil clone didn’t really say anything, but he was much more aggressive than Erick and every other alien combined.

“Long time no see, never even knew your name.” Erick said grinning. Evil Charlie was holding me in place with my hands behind my back. The rookie guys already ran faster than the sound barrier.

Erick walked towards me closely, inside I

was surprised that Erick even knew how to walk, you’d always find him floating in midair no matter what happened. He summoned a red glitching blade in his hand and held it towards my chin.

“Men like you act tough, yet the sight of death and pain can make you squeal like a little girl watching a horror movie.” Erick remarked aggressively.

I wanted to say something, no, not just something, there were probably over a million things that I wanted to say, but for some reason, words just couldn’t leave my mouth or even at least my mind. I just looked at Erick with aggressive eyes, aggressive eyes that burned brighter than a Phoenix.

“You think you're a tough guy, yet you keep getting beaten by a guy who’s in his 20s and still getting a grip on his powers let alone everything else in his life!” I remarked, finally.

“Not anymore I’m not! Charlie is finally dead!” Erick yelled.

I went more silent than a dead person, surely that couldn’t have been true, surely he was just trying to act tough. Then I realized, Charlie was still just a kid, he may have known how to heal himself unlike me, but he only knew how to heal himself on the outside, not the inside. 

I tried aggressively jerking my hands away from evil Charlies’ grip. Erick backed up a little.

“You son of a (if you know, you know)!!!” I yelled out.

“I’m afraid I created myself and that term should usually be used on females, not males.” Erick replied calmly.

What was this guy’s mental problem?

I kept shouting and cursing as he calmly walked away with his hands behind his back. I eventually realized that shouting and cursing wasn’t going to do anything, let-alone bring Charlie back. I sighed. I should have never had a conversation with that kid, this always 

happens, I could simply walk by someone and simply say, “hello” and the next thing I know, they’re dead one way or another. Medusa stared into people’s eyes to kill them, all I had to do was have a conversation with them and they’d die.

Evil Charlie then threw me to the ground and held his foot on my head. He then just teleported me away. I felt awful. 

Great, the kid’s bad habits have  rubbed off on me now.

I know I shouldn’t be blaming myself, but for the first time for goodness knows how long, I cried.

This more likely than not was not my fault, but still, I couldn’t help but think that if me nor Charlie had met, maybe this wouldn’t happen, and if it did happen it wouldn’t affect me in any way, shape, or form.

I couldn’t hold back anymore. I had to know how Charlie was doing. I decided to go to where he lived. Kevin and Bryan were there.

“Megan?” They asked confused, “What are you doing here?” 

“Is Charlie here?” I asked. 

“No, he ran out when it was raining hack-blades.” Kevin replied.

“He what?!” I asked, concerned.

“You know how Charlie is, he always does the riskiest things sometimes even for no reason at all.” Kevin chuckled.

“Where did he run off to?” I asked.

“SpaceSloths HQ in space, I assume.” Kevin replied.

I bolted towards the HQ they had here, on Giplantis. It was the only way to get into space. I somehow got one of the ships working and headed to their base in space. (well, technically it’s in a planet, but still).

I had to find Charlie before it was too late, I’m not sure what I really mean by “too late” right now, but I guess I’ll have to find out for myself pretty soon.

There were human assassins everywhere. It was impossible to hide your alien identity from them, they were born with alien identifying senses.

“Freeze!” One of them commanded weakly. 

Oh thank goodness they’re rookies.

I simply just showed them my lava monster form, but that didn’t scare them. 

That’s weird, that always works.

“Listen, I come in peace.” I announced slowly transforming back into a human.

“Sure you do!” One of them remarked.

“I mean it.” I replied.

“Your kind is cold-blooded!” One of them yelled.

“Not all of us are—”

“Yes they are! If it weren’t for your kind, we wouldn’t have to stay here wondering what the people we care about are going through! You would understand if you had someone that you cared about!” One yelled.

I paused. I almost cried, but I didn’t.

“I do. . .” I replied quietly, my hands in the air, “I didn’t choose this race, none of the aliens did.” “I was a human just like you and. . . I lost everyone I loved, then I lost my own life due to suicide and became this.”

They all dropped their guns, I couldn’t hold back my tears.

I never told Charlie that the reason I ended up in that lava pit was because I jumped in there. There was nothing threatening me, I jumped in on my own so that I could die because I didn’t want to lose anybody else, and now I might be going through those losses all over again.

I just ran past them. They were frozen like statues.

I cleared the tears from my eyes and immediately went looking for Charlie. He had to be around here somewhere. I decided to look where I believed he’d be, 0000123. 

He wasn’t there, but it was chaos. There were asteroids breaking the barrier, and soon would be destroying the undead aliens.

Chrono appeared behind me.

“Megan, do you know what happened?” He asked.

“Most likely Erick, but right now I need 

to find Charlie, did he come down here?” I asked.

“No, I haven’t seen Charlie in a month or at least just a few weeks.” Chrono replied.

I immediately left. Chrono followed after me.

“Megan, wait.” He said.

“I have no time.” I replied.

“I know you want to help Charlie, so…” 

I was then teleported to an odd world. I was looking around for a bit. I suddenly bumped into Charlie.

“Charlie!” I exclaimed.

“Megan?” He asked.

“Yeah.” I replied.

“How did you know I was here?” He asked.

“I didn’t, Chrono teleported me here.” I replied.

“Who’s this?” A little girl in a pink skirt with pink hair asked.

“Megan.” Charlie replied.

“This is just my little sister, Rosie.” Charlie said.

“How come I never heard of her?” I asked.

“Because she’s kind of my long-lost sister.” Charlie replied.

“What do you mean kind of, I AM your long-lost sister.” Rosie replied, “and how come I never heard of your girlfriend?”

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Charlie replied.

“Yeah, we’re just friends.” I replied.

“Sure. . .” Rosie replied, “That’s what they all say.” 

“Well anyways,” Charlie said, “we need to find a way out of here if we ever want to stop Erick.” 

“I’m here for that.” Chrono said, coming out of nowhere. Rosie jumped back.

Chrono teleported us back to 0000123. 

“Thanks.” Charlie said.

“Any time.” Chrono replied.

The chaos had calmed down because someone finally realized that the old weapons room that they used to destroy asteroids still worked perfectly fine. Charlie, Rosie and I decided to stay there for a bit. Nobody even tried to kill Charlie, I guess if Charlie was good with me, he was good with everyone. I’m not saying I’m everybody’s favorite, but I’m not saying I’m their least favorite either. We’ve all been through hurt in our lives and we all have had our human identities taken from us, so we all had to look out for each other.

Rosie wouldn’t leave me and Charlie alone unless we were having a deep conversation, but we both knew she was secretly peeking behind something.

I liked Rosie, she was a cute little child who cared about her brother. 

Just then, the atom sun started to flicker. 

“Erick’s getting closer to his plans.” Charlie said.

“What do we do?” Asked Rosie.

“I don’t know yet.” Charlie replied.

“We have to do something.” I said.

“You’re right, but we need to figure out what first.” Charlie replied.

“It will be unsafe for the three of you to be here right now.” Chrono said, once again coming out of nowhere and Rosie once again jumping back.

“Can you please stop doing that?!” Rosie remarked.

“You’ll get used to it.” Chronos replied.

“Anyways, I’ll teleport you back to Giplantis.” Chronos said.

Within an instant we were back at Giplantis. It looked less chaotic than before, some aliens were getting along with humans again. 

“What happened here?” Rosie asked.

“It was a lot worse than it is now.” I said.

“That doesn’t answer the question.” Rosie replied.

“The aliens wreaked havoc here.” I 

replied. 

Rosie grabbed Charlie’s leg.

“Don’t worry, it’ll all be under control.” Charlie said.

“Nothings under control just because it got better.” Kevin said.

“Can everybody not come out of nowhere?” Rosie remarked sarcastically.

“She’s not used to people using their powers so often.” Charlie explained.

“Who is she?” Bryan asked, appearing from behind Kevin.

“My name is Rosie.” Rosie replied.

“Never heard that name before.” Aqua said, appearing out of nowhere.

“Trust me Aqua, this girl doesn't like people teleporting out of nowhere.” I said.

“I was right here the whole time. .” Aqua said.

“Anyways.” Charlie said, “Erick’s been getting stronger, I almost died to him.” 

“It’s true.” Rosie said.

“Charlie, please be more careful.” I said. 

“I will.” Charlie said.

Hopefully he keeps that promise.

“So what do we do now?” Asked Delmar, “And before Rosie says something, I’ve also been here the whole time.”

“Maybe we should try and fight him together.” Rosie suggested.

“Not together,” Charlie said, “you’re still learning how to use your powers, Rosie.” 

“I’m a fast learner!” Rosie remarked.

This was going to be a LONG battle.

I was starting to want to return to Giplantis, so did some of the guys there where we human assassins hung out. Not everyone there was a human assassin, though. Some guys just brought their girlfriends or normal friends there.

A rookie came up to me.

“How long do things like these last?” They asked.

“I don’t know,” I replied, “this is the first time something like this ever happened.”

“How long have you been doing this?” They asked.

“Almost as long as I can remember.” I replied.

“Do girls get more attracted to you because you do this?” They asked.

Yep, they always ask that.

“Not really, it really depends on the girl.” I replied, “But my dating days are over.”

“Why?” He asked.

“Personal reasons.” I replied.

We both just sat there in silence for a moment.

“My name is Aahan.” He said.

“I won’t say mine, I don’t like getting to know people.” I replied.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Personal reasons.” I asked.

I then got up and walked away. 

Aahan followed me.

“Can I tell you something that’s a secret?” He asked.

“Sure, I don’t talk to anyone and besides, I’ll probably forget it soon.” I replied.

“I’m actually an alien assassin, but I don’t want to hurt humans.” He said.

“If you truly don’t want to hurt them then don’t go near them.” I replied.

“Got it.” He replied.

He then ran off.

I continued walking around. I usually did it whenever I wanted to get my mind off of something. Something like Charlie. I shouldn’t have been so stupid, I shouldn’t have ever had a conversation with that kid, every time someone becomes my friend or more, they’ll die when I can’t avoid it.

I don’t understand what I did to deserve to be cursed like this, no matter what I do, I can’t seem to find anybody to care about. 

I thought of maybe killing myself. This wasn’t the first time I’ve considered it, but I

haven’t considered it ever since I lost my family, but now I do. I shouldn’t be this worked up over someone. You’d think that a guy like me would have learned by now that I can’t have nobody who cares about me if I want them to live. 

Now a part of me was saying that he was lying, or it was just some misunderstanding, surely Charlie wasn’t dead, surely Charlie may have made it look like he died so that Erick would stop bothering him. 

I grow tired of these games that they are playing. I had thought that I killed Charlie, but he’s still here, and his little friends are, too. Including his own sister. I finally decided to only make this an empire of my own, and we’ll conquer any species whom dare oppose us, and Megan will (silently) be by my side as I rule.

No, not the Megan from middle school

that only the geeks and nerds found hot somehow , the Megan you all know from this story, the undead lava monster. Sure, maybe I am probably about 1,000 or something years older than her, but what does that matter? My empire, my rules. 

You see, when you’re like me, you improvise and make everyone see like you do, otherwise they’ll pay with their lives. 

Everyone will see how I rule the galaxies and everyone will see that I am higher than them all, and that they’ll obey if they don’t want anything to happen. Now I wasn’t going to let anyone or anything get in my way. Charlie would have to go because nobody can start an empire if they have stubborn and arrogant enemies such as him.

This was going to be great for me. I was going to bring glitches, which were nothing but an excuse to make fun of gamers to these humans, glory. The human race would have to go, and that included Humaliens, too. 

I decided that nobody else but me (and probably an evil clone of Charlie that I made unintentionally) so I could still say that he was dead, and nobody would correct me.

They were keeping behind all the human assassins, most likely to try and kill all aliens. I didn’t mind it too much, but I did try and crash a small party.

I recognized one of the assassins there, it was Zander, and he remembered me as well. That’s a good sign for a future emperor. As Machiavelli mentioned in his book, The Prince; “A leader should be feared, not loved, if he cannot be both.”

I decided to try breaking Zander’s spirit by convincing him that Charlie was dead. It clearly worked, unless he has some brain damage and curses out of nowhere.

While neither of them noticed, I have been following them secretly. Every time I went to check on them, they’d always be plotting a way to take me down. I knew I had to do 

something, my future throne was not a definition of what you call patient, and neither was I. My patience was growing shorter and shorter with each day that passed. 

I knew I couldn’t wait any longer. By now I should have been convincing Megan  to marry me yet I’ve barely gotten to the part where I end the revolution. I had to do something and something I shall. 

I finally decided to teleport them to my main hiding spot, 0010010. Nobody has been on a mission there in years because they never found the planet hospitable to humans. This was NOT going to end in Charlie’s pleasure.

We were all planning how we’d take down Erick. We had to in order to save humanity. While everyone else was busy talking, I had a horrible vision. Humans were dying, even I was dead, and Erick was some emperor. Worst of all, Megan was by his side, but she looked unpleasant with it almost as if she were forced into it somehow.

I was now suddenly back in reality. I 

decided not to tell anyone about this, especially Megan. I tried to not think about the vision, I didn’t want to think about a world where anyone would get hurt, and Megan would be forced to do something that she didn’t want to do. Luckily, Rosie was around. 

I could tell that she could tell that something was wrong, but she didn’t ask me about it. I guess it’s because I never really like talking about hard stuff in my life to her or anyone, really. I wanted to tell Rosie, but if there’s anyone who wouldn’t take it well, it would be her. 

I just decided to not say anything about it. We were once again deciding on how to eliminate Erick once and for all. That’s when we suddenly appeared in front of him. 

Out of all the times he could have chosen to battle us. 

I hid Megan behind me a little. There was no way I was going to let someone like him harm Megan or anyone else in any way, shape 

or form. 

“Well, well, if it isn’t Charlie and his stupid little friends.” Erick announced.

“What’s 9 + 10?” I asked.

“21?” Erick replied.

“You stupid.” I replied. 

“That doesn’t matter!” Erick yelled.

“Actually it does if you want to win.” I replied.

“Enough!” Erick announced.

He threw a red blade at us.

He really likes giving those blades a workout.

We all got out of the way. Hopefully this could just be a normal battle, but then that’s just that one kid with the orange hair in magic school bus that says, “please let this be a normal field trip” nowadays.

I stayed close to Megan. Considering what I saw in the vision, Erick most likely had horrible plans for her. 

Erick just kept throwing blades at us,

you’d think he’d be using a tactic more useful considering the fact that he had a powerful evil clone of me. Finally, the clone came. I don’t know why I was waiting for that.

The clone struck straight down into the ground with his sword, causing an earthquake. We had to get rid of my evil clone somehow, he was so powerful that he could kill all of us. I noticed something, though. My clone was avoiding me at all costs for some reason. It was only after tripping over nothing did I see why.

If I get hurt, that clone also gets hurt which could explain why there was suddenly blood on his side before Erick made me fall. Yeah, I forgot to mention that in that chapter (now that I think about it, there was a lot that I forgot to mention in that chapter).

Just as I expected, that alien assassin who just wanted to help us out got found out and he was sent to die. They dragged him out of there, tears were pouring down his face like a waterfall. He kept begging for them to just give him a chance to protect humans or to just at least spare him.

I felt a little sorrow for him, but I knew that this would happen, it always does to the

people who I care about. Nobody gets to live when they’ve had a simple conversation with me. I sighed and walked away. The guys knew that I had that conversation with that alien guy. We all did.

He was an Indian alien boy, bronze-skinned, black hair with a blond spot that we all assumed was a birthmark, and jaded eyes that looked just like jade. We all knew him, and we all were his friends. But now he had to go because if any of us were to speak out against them killing an alien, we would also be killed, too. His name is Aahan which is literally the Hindi name for peace. ( I might be wrong, we don’t have many of the name definitions anymore.)

Not many of the guys could move on too easily, but not too hard. There was one guy, however, who committed suicide after it, but we’re still not sure if it was because of Aahan or if it was just something else going on in his life. Of course, I probably had it the easiest because I  already knew that his fate was sealed the minute he decided to talk to me.

He reminded me of Charlie. While we were in the dorm, he also shared a secret with me, he had a crush on some alien girl named Megan. Of course, I didn’t judge him, I mean my wife, before she died, had an adopted brother who was an alien. He was very nice, but shy, though. I remember he used to be like the family’s therapist. Until he died due to an Alien racist gang. 

None of the family did very well after that. Especially me, he felt like a son to me, almost, and now he was dead. Soon after, that monster killed my family. Sometimes I wished that he could still be here, like now when I needed him the most. 

Then I realized that I killed that monster and all of those gang members to avenge them, maybe I could kill Erick to avenge Charlie as well. I decided it was worth doing, I didn’t fully believe that I could actually beat Erick, but I did believe that even if I died, at least I’d join everyone that I’ve ever lost.

Erick was most likely hiding in 0010010. He’s always in there, I don’t quite believe I’ve ever heard of a time that he wasn’t in there. 

I marched towards 0010010. If Erick wasn’t there, he wasn’t anywhere. It looked a little different this time. There was some sort of amazon jungle, but it was really, really short and I soon appeared on the familiar landscape of a red planet that almost looked like what the planet Mars used to look like when our original galaxy blew up.

It was finally time. It was finally time to kill Erick once and for all. I mean, technically it's always been time for that, we all just never really used it. Erick teleported us in the middle of us making up a plan to kill him.

Great timing, wasn’t it?

Erick began acting like we came to him. I wasn’t surprised he did that. I also wasn’t surprised that he thought that 9 + 10 was 21. I

do know that villains usually are dumb, I just didn’t think that they could get this dumb. Some villains are geniuses, though.

Anyways, back to where we were at. 

Erick threw a red blade first thing. That was the least surprise of the least surprises, it’s always a blade he throws first. Erick just kept throwing blades until evil Charlie came. Guess this is halftime now.

Evil Charlie kept charging and attacking all of us except Charlie (the good one). I kind of felt suspicious about that but I just ignored it because we are in a battle and evil Charlie probably just didn’t notice Charlie or Charlie was just so good at dodging that it looked like evil Charlie wasn’t even trying to attack him.

Erick was just watching at this point, he even got out some popcorn to literally say that this was entertaining to him. Of course, it’s only entertaining because he’s not fighting for his life.

Out of nowhere, a guy who looked like

he was in his 40s, appeared. I guess Charlie knew him somehow. That didn’t matter right now, though, what really mattered was that we defeated Erick, but that was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, that didn’t even have a needle in it because of this evil Charlie clone.

I guess Erick got bored of just watching and began to join the fight. He immediately launched probably over a million red hacker-blades at us that were crammed together. Me and Aqua combined our powers to make something to block it, but one red blade got through.

That red blade hit Charlie. I bolted towards him so fast, if you blinked, you might have thought that I just teleported over there. 

“Charlie!” I cried.

“Megan. . .” Charlie said weakly. 

The others were still busy trying to keep the stone wall from breaking.

“Charlie please don’t go. . .” I said, tears starting to form in my eyes.

“Megan. . . I . .” Charlie said weakly, “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” I said, hugging him. Charlie was now dead. 

Rosie ran towards where I was holding Charlie. 

“Brother, please don’t go…” She said, crying once again. Her hand was on his arm.

Just then, some pink light started swirling around us, Rosie started turning into some partly human Phoenix. 

I didn’t know that Rosie was a Humalien, too.

Suddenly, Charlie woke up. My tears turned into tears of happiness.

“Charlie!” I exclaimed, hugging him.

Without even thinking, the two of us kissed. 

“Alright, come on, Romeo and Juliet,” Aqua said, “this is a battle, not the Renaissance.” 

Me and Charlie immediately got back in

mood. Suddenly, we all realized that Charlie’s evil clone was dead. I guess that’s why evil Charlie wasn’t attacking normal Charlie. Now it was just Erick. We all knew that Erick was nothing without the evil clone of Charlie. 

Erick kept trying his best to take us all down. When Erick tried to get away, Charlie stopped him. Charlie then stabbed his blade through Erick. Erick was now dead. Outside, many colored orbs rose up and split ways. After the colored orbs left, a white ghost-shaped one came out and ascended straight into the sky.

Charlie knew why. It was the true Erick, not the evil one that almost killed the entire universe. He was now free to be with the ones that he lost centuries ago. 

Charlie and I smiled at each other, then kissed in front of everyone.

“I knew you both were dating!” Rosie said out loud. Me and Charlie just laughed and kissed again.

Surely now the story is over, right? Well, you’re wrong if you think that. Why? Because this story isn’t over, it is only just setting up the beginning for another.