Adaptation | Teen Ink

Adaptation

By half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta

Summary:

Johanson is one of many Adapted people who are used as identical puppets doing all the dirty work in a New World. Johanson is fine with his role of converting Un-adapted outlaws into one of the Adapted, until a girl named Keela is able to resist the painful Adaptation. Is Adapting everyone really the best choice? Johanson has to decide whether or not he'll risk his life to save Keela's.

half.note

Adaptation

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
Haha, both I guess... :P

Dynamo DIAMOND said...
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

So should I be a teasing blot or a strict critic? :P

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks, I really appreciate that. And I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

UglyMushroom GOLD, Columbus, Ohio

"It's a monday. I got nothin' goin' on..." ~O. Rogers

I dont have enough time to read it all yet, but I sure will! This is a very intriguing start to the story. Cant wait to read more!

IsabelleRamsay SILVER, Oakville, Other

Whats the point of living, when you are just going to die anyway?- me.

np, than you for posting it :3

half.note said...
half.note, Edmonton, Alberta
Hey there, I really appreciate the praise as well as the criticisms. To tell you the truth, when I first started writing this I had planned on it being a short story and had no idea where it would end up. When things started to get out of hand, I realized it would be better off as a novel. I totally agree that it would be nicer to show more of a background to the characters, but by the time I decided to turn it into a novel, I already had the characters developing and had started kind of in the middle. I'm glad you liked it anyway and I'm thankful for the advice.

IsabelleRamsay SILVER, Oakville, Other

This is a really well written story. it has a good plot and such, and you have really good grammar. But (yes, the horrible 'but') i think you should stretch it out more, maybe letting the readers see some of Keela and Johanson's past, maybe even The Captian? i think you should also let them see thosse days in Keela's cell, let Johanson and Keela's relationship stretch out more, become stronger. Hope those suggestions help! You should keep writing stories, you're really good at it!!!!! Byeee!!!