The Keeper | Teen Ink

The Keeper

By futurenovelista SILVER, Staatsburg, New York
futurenovelista SILVER, Staatsburg, New York

"But I being poor have only my dreams...I place my dreams at your feet. Tread softly for you tread on my dreams." -Yeats

Summary:

Phoebe had always been special. She could feel people’s emotions, had electrifying blue eyes, and could force people into feeling intense emotions like pain, fear, anger, or happiness. In the human world, she had thought of herself a freak. Until her mother takes her into Zelbrem, the temporary dimension of the Zemblers.
Phoebe was a hybrid. Half human, half Zembler. And just when she thought things couldn’t get any weirder, she get’s chosen to be Keeper, the one that will lead the Zemblers to war against their long time enemies the Kranalins. Phoebe goes through tough training and is forced into marrying Ben the Warrior, who hates her because of her status as hybrid, and the fact that she stands out from the rest of them.
Can Phoebe overcome all challenges and do what’s right for her people and herself?

futurenovelist1577

The Keeper

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

Also my book is up now so if u could check it out that's be gr8 I'm gOnna check ousone more of ur work now

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

I love this story. Very discriptive;) and the plot is very original and the characters agree so deep. Great job. ;)

CountryPopGirl PLATINUM, Lawrenceville, New Jersey

"You love someone, you open yourself up to suffering, that's the sad truth. Maybe they'll break your heart, maybe you'll break their heart and never be able to look at yourself in the same way. Those are the risks. The thought of losing so much control over personal happiness is unbearable. That's the burden. Like wings, they have weight, we feel that weight on our backs, but they are a burden that lifts us. Burdens which allow us to fly..."
-Dr. Jack Hodgins (Bones)

I love this story, although you really left me wanting a sequel.

One question:

Did Phoebe's mom ever tell her dad about what they were?

I just thought that might be an explanation why Phoebe's dad was so abusive.

Allicat001 SILVER, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Love is not someone you can live with, love is someone you can't live without."

"Always stand up for what's right even if that means you're standing alone."

So intriguing!  You sucked me in right from the start!  I love it!

marchbutterfly GOLD, Orange, New Jersey

"When you play God, you get screwed."

This story is so interesting. I'e only read the first chapter but so far I think it's really good.

SummerSkies BRONZE, Antioch, Tennessee

"If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?"- Lily Tomlen

I'm in love with the first chapter. It's always hard to start off right but you knew exactly what to do. Amazing job. :)

evnewman BRONZE, Lake Oswego, Oregon
This is amazing! intriguing and suspensful! i like the characters and the writing! its very descriptive and just good writing in general! keep writing

Eshshah PLATINUM, Galloway, New Jersey

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." -Robert Frost

This is very good! great read! It sounds a lot like a short story I'm working on right now. it intrigued me when I read the summary about phoebe, the one thing I found strange was the use of "Momma" so many times you might have been able to use pronouns for some of those. but overall very good job!