The letter | Teen Ink

The letter

September 30, 2018
By 20cooperc, Republic, Missouri
More by this author
20cooperc, Republic, Missouri
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The letters


On a farmstead known as "Greenacres," a farmer, Jack Brown, and his family, his wife mary brown, his adult daughter Viktoria, Viktoria's seven-year-old daughter also, named Mary, her two-year-old son Josef, and a live-in maid named Maria were brutally attacked and murdered. The brown family bodies in the barn were stacked on top of each other and hay was thrown over them.

“Terrible isn't it?”

“How could someone be so cruel to do such a thing. To continue on with that image in their head. I simply can't let him run free. I'm going to the scene to see what I'm able to find.”

“Any thoughts detective?”

“This is the worst I've seen since I've been in the field, at this point I'm not even sure of the motive, or if he had one at all. Have we gotten a photo yet?”

“Not that I know of, you might want to get to the department and see their progress. But Mr, Quinn good luck, I hear he doesn't talk much. Can't blame him.”

“Documents of Noah Parker, no relation to the victims”

“So that's his name”

“Noah what can you tell me from what you know about this case. They say you saw him.

What's he look like.”

….

“How did he go about committing this crime.”

….

“I'm aware he used a knife.”

….

“Look, I understand its a sensitive subject, but if we can communicate, it will be a big first step to finding this guy. Don't you agree?”

“….Are we done?”

“So he does talk”

“Listen punk, This is serious, he's still out there and he can do this over again.

You keeping quiet doesn't help us.

So am I wasting my time?”

“….mhm”

“Alright, then I suppose I've done what I can.”

“If you ever feel like saying anything I'll see you back here. I hope to see you again Noah.”

“Detective, Sorry to interrupt”

“No, we were just finished“

“Sir you have a letter. It's written to you and you alone.”

“Why don't they just call?”

“Well, they've left it anonymous, and give no information as to who or where they are from what I can tell, here it is detective.”

Dear. Detective Quinn,

I know of the terrible crime you've been investigating and I’m willing to help. I know some about it. I was a friend of Jacks the owner of Greenacres. Terrible what happened. Unfortunately, I am unaware of who killed Jack and his family. But something as terrible as this seemed to be pointed specifically towards his family. And it may have been a personal vendetta against Jack. That could have caused the killer to attack him and his family. The reason I am suspicious is because jack had hinted at someone in his life that created great strife with him.

Look to who jack and his family was acquainted with, it may be a very good start.  

I'll inform you if I find anything. I'll be watching the news.

Sincerely, _____.

“No name huh? Though he has a point. Of course, it's a good start, who does he think he is?”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.