Midnight Man | Teen Ink

Midnight Man

November 8, 2018
By MyaFortune BRONZE, San Pedro, California
More by this author
MyaFortune BRONZE, San Pedro, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

We begin our story not that long ago. In the LA area where six dalcop teens, living together, who imprudently brought me back for another game to play…

“Ding-dong! Daddy’s home!” his voice echoed through the large house pulling all that lived upstairs to greet the man with the green eyes.

“Yo! It’s my daddy Brennen! You finally made it!” the brown haired boy with piercing blue eyes identified as Colby howled. They hugged and walked to the gaming room to continue their conversation.

“Bro, did Sam text you about tonight?” Colby asked.

“Yes, but it’s like the fifth time this week.” Brennen groaned in annoyance.

“But each time you said no and we had to reschedule.” Colby chuckled.

“But my mommy wouldn’t let me out on a school night!” Brennan teased. The two boys laughed then looked at the doorway to find a very eager Sam.

“You boys ready for tonight?” he beamed. Brennan and Colby looked at each other then back at Sam.

“Yeah dude I’m ready.” Colby admitted, and Sam nodded.

“Cool, Kat should be here in about an hour and we’ll have everybody. We can start then.” Brennen smiled nervously and turned on the Xbox to play Rocket League.

Exactly one hour later Kat returned to the house.

“Hey Sam! Boys!” Katrina exclaimed earning a look from Brennan.

“Girl you are way too excited for this.” he chuckled. Sam walked up to his girlfriend to give her a quick kiss.

“JAKE! Kat’s here it’s almost time to start!” Sam shouted at his other roommate.

“Okay yeah! Give me a sec I’ll meet you guys in your room!” Jake responded. Just then Corey and his girlfriend Devyn came down.

“Wait you guys aren’t staying?” Sam questioned sadly.

Hell no dude, have you meet me?” Corey exclaimed wide eyed. The couple walked out leaving the house. Then the four friends walked upstairs to Sam’s room. Not long after Jake joined them wearing five necklaces with crosses on them.

“I’m not even going to question that.” Sam snorted then proceed to turn his camera on and started talking

“What’s up guys I’m back with another three a.m. challenge video. Tonight I have the lovely Katrina!” he sang “And then there’s Colby, Brennan, and Jake.” the three boys looked at the camera with hurt expressions. “So tonight we are going to do a couple of things. First we are going to play with the ouija board and then the midnight man challenge game thing. Okay you guys ready?” Sam turned around asking the group

“I just wanna say if I die I’m coming back to haunt you people. And, Colby, you can have Kobe.” Brennan said wistfully

“What about your followers” Colbys eyes lit up at the question.

“Come on guys it’s time to start.” Sam and Jake set up and everyone sat around the board.

“Okay we have to spin the planchet around the board three times.”Sam instructed. They each counted every spin. Brennan looked at the camera with an eerie look on his face

“Demons of the underworld we summon you here tonight to play.” he croaked

“Okay I’m not excited about this anymore.” but the five friends continued with the game.

“Who wants first question.”

“YOU!” everyone simultaneously shouted at Sam.

“Okay. Is there anyone here with us.” Sam questioned but nothing happened. The rest of the game went like that. So they waited until eleven-forty to set up for the midnight man game. They got everything set up and it was eleven fifty-nine and got ready to knock. They all knocked on the door twenty-two times and the last knock was on twelve. Sam opened the door blew out the candle and lit everyone else's candles.

“Alright the Midnight Man has been summoned lets go.” the five friends wandered around the dark palace. Kat looked over at the nearest window and saw a slender shadowy figure with shrill, flaming red eyes.

“Sam! Look!” She gasped. Everyone turned to look in the direction she pointed at.

“Bro that’s not okay!” Brennan shuddered. The ominous character suddenly fritzed out and disappeared from the window.

“Yo where did it go?” Jake choked. The air around them became chilled. A thundering demonic voice blasted throughout the house.

“YOU HAVE MADE AN ATROCIOUS MISTAKE. YOU HAVE BROUGHT ME BACK FROM MY GRAVE. NOW IT TIS TIME TO PLAY. MY GAME. MY RULES.” It sounded like this voice was coming within the house. Suddenly Kat was dragged out of the room by her hair.

“SAM HELP ME! PLEASE!” She kicked and clawed the ground screaming. Tears of fear streaming down her face. Then the screaming was replaced with a loud crunching noise. Hot tears streamed down everyone's faces.

“ONE DOWN FOUR TO GO.”  Brennan shot for the door, anxious to leave, only to find that it wouldn’t open.

“THEY ARE LOCKED FROM THE OUTSIDE.” The voice spoke. Sam was paralyzed, Kat was gone and he couldn’t save her. Jake shook Sam out of his trance.

“Dude Sam where’s the salt?” Jake trembled

“Oh yeah um here.” he stuttered as he fumbled getting the salt out of his back pocket. The remaining four rushed to the living room. Jake made a large salt circle surrounding him and his friends.

“There that should do it.” he turned to face the three boys. Sam was a mess, his eyes were wet and red from the tears. Colby and Jake tried to comfort him. Colby looked over at Brennan who was crouched down in front of the line of salt

“Hey Brennan. You good man?” Brennan slowly stood and turned around revealing a pair of shrill red eyes.

“HOW CUTE YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD HIDE FROM ME.” The voice was coming from Brennan’s direction but his mouth wasn’t moving. He threw his arms out getting rid of the circle of salt and all the furniture in the house started floating. Brennan fell to his knees and a black smoke escaped his mouth. The lanky figure appeared behind Brennan and it snapped his neck.

“TWO DOWN.” The figure didn’t have a face but you could hear it’s cold, sick smile. Then it dissolved into nothing.

“Sam this is all your fault! None of us wanted to do this and now what! Brennan is gone! Kat is gone! And it’s all because of you!” Jake bellowed. A voice started whispering to Sam. repeating the same words over and over.

“Kill him. Kill him. Kill him. Kill him…” Sam’s anger rose with each second.

“Don’t you talk about her like that!” Sam spat with venom in his voice. Jake took a step toward Sam.

“Oh yeah. And what are you gonna do about it.” You could practically see the testosterone fuming from the two. Colby decides to do what he could to stop the two boys.

“Hey!” he shouted tired of hearing the two argue “Listen! I know what’s going on is crazy! And I know that we have lossed a few people on the way! But I sure as hell know that we are not turning against each other! Not know.” he looked at the two but they remained silent “Good. now do I make myself clear.” all they did was nod their heads.

“HOW SWEET. I MEAN REALLY THAT WAS VERY TOUCHING.” the voice rattled the house.

“What do you want!” Colby proclaimed. The figure appeared in the middle of them. Looking at all of them at once.

“Let’s make a deal. You give me what I want and you boys get what you want.” they were speechless

“What would you want from us? We have nothing.” Jake finally spoke up

“Trust me you do have something I might want, and I have something of yours.”

Sam looked up “Our friends…” Sam started feeling hopeful. He could see Katrina again.

“What do you want” Sam spoke with confidence.

“Well I’m old and I need some energy.” Colby became sceptical

“What are you saying” Jake questioned

“I’ll let you have your friends back if you let me feed off of you. Not enough to kill but you will be weak for a couple of days.” Colby and Jake looked at each other unsure what to do

“Deal!” Sam blurted. The two boys were furious but understood why he hastily made the decision.

“Then a deal it is.” The figure disappeared. Right before their eyes the house cleaned itself up from its messy state.

“Sam! Sam where are you?” Sam’s face lit up with pure joy and ran to the voice

“Katrina! Kat babe!” he meet eyes with the girl that he fell in love with. She sprinted to him and they hugged crying. Jake and Colby stood in the doorway watching the cute couple. Just then Brennan wrapped his arms around the two boys

“Good thing we don’t have to see that thing again.” nobody answered Brennan’s question.

“Right we aren’t doing this again?” Sam looked over at his four other friends

“Yeah never again.” Sam, Colby, and Jake looked out the window seeing the midnight man leave but deep down they knew he would come back eventually.

This is where I stop the story. But don’t worry the five of them lived wholesome lives. Trust me I know. Because I like myself a good deal.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.