Mr. sledgehammer | Teen Ink

Mr. sledgehammer

By thden566678, Ceader City, Utah
thden566678, Ceader City, Utah

Author's note:

this my first time doing this the reason why i am doing this becuase of my faveret horror righter stephen king

Chapter 1

It was an average day in Cedar City, Utah. Not a soul in the tranquil City suspected a thing when something frightful happened. Katie, a 14-year-old outcast, was walking to the library when she was abruptly swept off of her feet. Everything that followed was only a blur. 

4 hours later

Bill had just woke up and started to get ready for school. He is a kid that had short hair and would wear a shirt and ripped jeans. He was texting his friends Jake,  flin, Connor and they were telling Bill about the missing kid. it was weird, because  this never really happens in Cedar City. They all wondered how it was like to be in a crisis like that. Bill started to head to school and then they all met up together at the front of the school like usual. Flin was wearing his favorite leather jacket,Conner was wearing his lucky baseball cap and shirt with some ripped jeans and Jake was wearing shorts with a shirt that said “I Don't Care!” Then they went inside the school building the rest of the day. Rylee however was running way late for school so that was her main priority to get there asap until her phone went off with an Emergency Alert from the Local News Station so she peered at her phone to check what the Alert was about. It showed that a girl in town named Katie Smith has gone missing which is Rylee’s best friend’s name so that's when she started toworry and asking herself could it be? She realized that after all she hadn't seen her best friend in a few days and she wondered why? She  needed to know if it was really her best friend Katie Smith and how this could happen to her in Cedar City where these things don’t usually happen.

Chapter 2 

The guys met up at the Ice Cream Parlor then they went over to Connor's house to have a sleepover but Bill couldn't sleep so while laying there wide awake he started thinking about the missing girl then realized that name Katie Smith sounded really familiar only felt like it he knew her but as if it was a distant memory for him. 

He started to feel the urge of  needing to know more about this girl but wasn’t sure why either. The next morning when all the others woke up except Bill who hadn’t gotten any sleep at all. They remembered hearing recently about an old  farmhouse on the outskirts of town where multiple murders had occurred over time. They decided to go there just for laughs. They stood there in front of the farmhouse where the only smell the four kids could smell was rotten food coming from the old broken down house that had  most of the windows broken out so we were boarded up and dead grass around it but the air had tasted like sour milk. In the only window that wasn't boarded up stood a  figure of a man standing in the onewindow just watching us. The man had grinned at us showing his rotten teeth that were nasty overly rotten that smelled of rotten food  . The kids started to see other children with rotten clothing and maggots in their hair. They had closed their eyes for just a moment then the figure and the children were gone so the four kids decided to approach the house but when they got to the porch everything went black. When Bill woke up, he saw him and his friends all tied up and saw the missing girl covered in blood. The girls legs were broken, as if they were smashed to pieces with a hefty sludgehammer. Her bone was sticking out of her skin like glass. Bill tried to untie himself, a man walked in the room and Bill just stared at him for a moment before the man punched him in the gut. The searing pain in his gut made him dizzy, then he heard a voice. Though he couldn't ignore the pain, he knew that something  was coming. Something much, much worse than what had happened to the girl next to him. There were only more children like him to come only for them to possibly die. The voice sounded like the screeching  of a crow. When Bill was able to focus a little bit more, he noticed that the man was talking to the girl. It didn’t quite seem like Bill was ever going to get out of here, either. Bill told the man to shut up and the man stared at him until he picked up a knife and stabbed Bill in the chest. 

Chapter 3

Bill tried to pull out the knife but it was too painful to get out. As Bill  stared at the bloody girl  she started to look familiar. Finally the cruel man left the room, and this was Bill's chance to escape; he  ripped the knife out of his chest. He used the knife to cut him and his friends and the girl free. They opened the window enough to slip out through it. They carried the girl back to Bill’s house, They cleaned the girl up and gave the girl water. she finally woke up and they picked her up and put her on the bed so she could rest. After she got rest they took her to the hospital. She was finally released from the hospital a week later. They went to the girls house and they had a chat with her about the evil man and what that thing he did to her. All the boys left except bill. Bill and Katie were talking a little more. They were catching up about what had been going between them then Bill realized he used to date Katie. He had forgotten all about her. He thought she had moved away. Bill finally went back to his house  laying awake all night. Thinking about Katie, how she got to that abandoned house. He also would not stop thinking about the killer and what he looked like. He looked disformed with little hair and bloody overalls and black gloves. Bill and Connor thought they would go back and investigate as Connor grabbed his dad's double barrel shotgun For protection. They went and busted down the door and there was nothing in the house at all so they decided to go check the second floor. They found a body hanging in the closet they screamed they backed up into some wall but it was no wall. It was the killer! Connor shot him with the double barrel shotgun he fell tothe ground he got back up and chased Bill and Connor out the door, they looked back and he was gone they looked in the window where he stood  waving with a human hand. They went to Jake's house and told him all about the house and what happened when they were in the house. Jake was very upset that they went in the house without him. So Jake punched them in the arm. Jake told flin about Bill and Connor going in the house without them. Flin was mad but he was glad they were ok. They told Rylee that Katie was ok. Rylee was relieved that she was ok. Though Katie was ok, Rylee wanted to make sure that the killer would never do it again so Rylee grabbed her sword and pistol to go and take care of the killer. When she arrived Rylee shot the killer in the head but he just pulled the bullet out of his head and grabbed his  sledgehammer. He took a swing and missed, Rylee stabbed him in the chest but he pulled it out and threw it across the room, he grabbed Rylee by the hand, He picked up a mushetet of the ground and chopped off some of Rylees fingers. With all the strength she had left she ripped off his mask and threw it across the room when she looked at his face it was disgusting it was all bloody and he was missing an eye with little amount of hair. As he looked away he gave a gralle Rylee picked up the sword and ran out the house she told her parents but they did not believe that was true they said she cut her own fingers off. So she went to Bill's house like ushiwell Bill's little brother Noah was giving him crap about who ate the last donut. Rylee finally got to Bill's house and she told him what happened when she was there. Bill was very weirded out. Bill told the guys about what happened to Rylee they were all weirded out. They wanted to meet up behind the old clock tower but of course lucis and his friends were there drinking and smoking. The kids that were with him were Jack, Francisco, and corbin. They told Bill and his friend to beat it or they will beat the crap out of them while they were trying to find a good place for their group to hang out. They saw a new kid. They stopped to talk to him. His name was David. He was a kid fat with glasses. They told him that Lucis was looking for him since he is the new kid in town. They also told him to never be alone sense there is a killer on the loose. They know where he is, the police just don't believe them. David believed them and said that he would stick by their side no matter what. David asked what happened to Katie. They said they were broke with a sledgehammer. He was scared because he did not know what to expect. They were all scared and did not know what was going to happen next. They decided to try to stop the killer. They thought they needed to give the killer a name though the name should be MR sludgehammer. The reason why they would call him that was because his main weapon is a sledgehammer. Bill thought trying to kill the killer was too dangerous and so did Katie they convinced everyone that they were not ready.

Chapter 4

Rylee was sharpening her sword  when Bill came in. Bill said I know we have not been properly introduced. I am Bill. Rylee replied I know I am in your history class. Mr. Henningsen is an awesome history teacher. Rylee could not hold it in any more she told Bill that she had loved him for a long time. That she could not stop thinking about him. Rylee ran to Bill and kissed Bill and said I can't do this. What would happen if he took you next? How would I live with that? I think that it is all my fault that he took you. I would not be able to live with that. Rylee said i don't care all i want is you Bill said you think i don't want you i have always loved you for a long time. Bill kissed Rylee Katie walked in the room and saw Bill in the room kissing Rylee Katie ran out of the room with tears in her eyes Bill ran after her he said what is the matter Katie said Bill you were kissing Rylee said Katie Bill replied with ya so what we are not dating or any thing Bill said. I still like you though Bill you are what kept me going that is why i was still alive when you rescued me from that house i knew you were going to find me at some point in time but if you want to be with her that is fine. They were all loaded and ready for when it was time to take out Mr sludgehammer. They thought to celebrate they should go out to fix the ice cream store. Flin invited everyone for a sleep over the girls had their own sleepover at Rylees house. Bill finale was able to get sleep that night. Bill woke up and went back to his house. To ask his brother if he wanted to join his friend group knowing the loving brother Noah is said yes but on one condition he had to admit he ate the last donut. So Bill admitted it so Noah would join his friendgroup. They all met up at the middle school and Bill introduced Noah to everybody. Noah was happy that he finally got to hang out with his brother and his brother's friends and that he is finally getting closer to Bill. Bill told Noah to go home. He thought it would be too dangerous for him to be there so Noah went home. They went to Rylee’s house Rylee had told them that the killer was at the front of her bed just staring at her. He finally said something and he said that he was coming for her. Bill said that he is not going to let this happen again. Bill stayed the night at Rylee’s house to make sure that she would be fine he woke up to someone pounding on the door but it was 2:00 am but he answered the door anyway Mr sledgehammer hit him in the side on the head his ear was bleeding he went upstairs to get Rylee  and take her back to the pool’s mansion Bill grabbed Rylee’s sword and took a sing for the killer head but he missed and with his sledgehammer he hit bill in the gut. And picked him up and through bill down the stairs with all the strength bill got up and crawled up the stairs as he got up by the railing by the stairs with all the strength he had left he stabbed the killer in the back and picked Rylee and ran to jake's house so they would be safe he put Rylee in Jake's guest bedroom bill past out on the floor right next to Rylee so if he came back he could protect Rylee but the thing was he had no protection if he can back. In the morning Jake took Bill to the hospital to get him checked out. Jake was woried becuse bill has been friends with Bill sence kindergarten but Jake wanted to be more then friends Jake loved bill but the thing Bill was strait and Jake was gay. He wanted to tell Bill but he was afraid if he told Bill he would not be friends with him any more just because he was gay. When Rylee woke up she wondered where she was because she fell asleep at her house. She went down stairs to ask where Bill was. Jake's mom told her Jake took Bill to the hospital.

Chapter 5

Rylee went to the hospital to visit Bill. Bill lost a lot of blood that night and he passed out on the hospital bed. Rylee was not happy at all. She told the rest of the group that Bill was in the hospital. They all asked who did this nobody know except Bill. Flin told Katie that Bill was in the hospital. Katie was freaking out because she did not know who did it and when she found out she was going to make them pay for what they did to Bill. Rylee and Flin went back to Rylee’s house to look for the sword there. It was on the ground covered in blood. Flin went to pick it up but it Burt flins hands. Rylee got some water and poured it on the sword so they could pick it up. Flin grabbed it and took it to Jake's house where Jake, Katie, and Connor were. They told them they got the sword they needed the double barrel shotgun and the pistol the pistol was going to be a lot harder to get sece Rylee left it in the house. They all needed to get a weapon to stop Mr sludgehammer. It has been 2 days since they finally released Bill. He was going to be fine. Rylee ran up and gaveBill a hug. Next time Mr. Sludgehammer comes around and they will be ready, Jake and Flin told Bill they are going to get the pistol from the house. Bill said that would be ok but be careful. He was not ready to lose a friend yet. Flinn and Jake finley got to the house they opened the door they found the gun on the ground Jake went to go pick it up he wiped the blood of the gun but Mr sludgehammer grabbed a machete and stabbed through the floor through jakes foot Jake fell down to the floor Flinn ran and grab Jake by the arm and dragged him out the door and cared back to his house they finally got back Bill asked what happened Flynn said that Mr sludgehammer stabbed him through the floorboard. Bill told them that they needed to be careful. You need to shut up Flynn said don't tell me to shut up. Flin back off Bill said Katie get out of here Flinn well if Flinn leaves I leave. Rylee said that they can't leave. Ok but  Flinn is not in charge anymore because of what happened to Jake, said Bill. Well we need to clean the blood  from Jake's foot. After they cleaned up Jake they all went back to their house. Rylee laid awake thinking about Bill and what happened when he stayed the night and what the killer did to Bill. Well school was almost over they had one more week till school. They were very happy because they will have a lot of time to stop Mr sludgehammer to stop any more kids going missing. Lucis and his gang where hedging to the pools’s mansion so they could have a party there they finale got there whey went inside to see what they could do but they could see something laying on the ground Lucis told there newest member Rider to go look and see what it is he approach it it grabbed his leg and pulled him down to the basement lucis and his gang ran out the door you could hear rider screaming at the top of his lungs from the basement. As Rider was in the basement Mr.sludgehammer picked him up and threw him down the well. Lucis and his gang ran into Bill,  Rylee, Flin, David, and Katie. Lucis shoved Bill to the ground and ran off. David helped Bill back up to his feet and wonder what Lucis and his gang were running from.

Chapter 6

The next morning they went to the school to look for Lucis. He finally found him and asked why he was running from yesterday he said that this guy took the new kid Rider down to the basement of the pool’s manchon and all we could hear was the rider screaming. Did you try to help him? Bill said no, I did not help him, said Lucis. You should have at least tried to help him, you idiot Bill said. After school he met up with everyone else and told them about why Lucis and his gang was running the other day. Mr.sludgehammer got the new kid Rider and dragged him down to the basement well we need to go and see if he is still alive. Me and Rylee will go, said Bill. The rest of you go to Jake's house, which is where we will all meet up together. Bill and Rylee approached the house and it gave them chills in the window where he stood waving Rylee shot but it was not really not him it was just a mirror that went in the house. They went to the second floor. There was nobody on the second floor. They wentback to the main floor where they were heading to the basement when Mr.sludgehammer shoveled the Bill to the ground. He grabbed Rylee and took her to the basement, Bill got back up and cut Mr.sledgehammers hand off. They could not find Rider's body but they found a well covered in blood. They ran and Bill grabbed Rylees gun and shot him in the head but he just pulled it out of his head. They ran to Jake's house and told everybody that they could not find the body of Rider. They need a plan to take out Mr.sludgehammer. Rider climbed out of the well and saw Mr.sludgehammer missing a hand but it was growing back fast. He got out of the well and ran out of the house as fast as he could. The next day he showed up at school and he found Bill and Rylee and told them that he saw them chopping off his hand and said that he needed their help. He is coming for him tonight and we need protection. All of them got a weapon so they all could protect Rider from Mr. sludgehammer when he comes they would be ready they would get him on his knees and chop off his head 

Chapter 7 

They were all ready for when he came, they all were by the front door. Rider was at the door looking through the eye hole in the door when the machete went right through the door into Rider he fell to the ground. Katie screamed. Mr sledgehammer came in anddropped the mushetie and stepped over Rider's body and ran to get Rylee but Rylee shot him in the leg but he was still running at her and saw that his hand had grown back. Bill told Rylee to run. Mr. Sludgehammer grabbed Bill by the neck and threw him to the ground and shot him in the back but he just pulled the bullets out of his back. So Mr. Sludgehammer threw his hammer at Connor's leg but Conner dogged it Conner hit him in the side of the head with the barrel of the gun. Mr. Sludgehammer ran and jumped out the window and ran into the pitch black darkness.

Chapter 8

After Mr.sludgehammer jumped out the window they went and tried to wake Rider up but he was dead. They dragged ider to his back yard to bury him. They dug a hole and layed Rider in the hole and buried him. Bill went back to his house Bill could not sleep because of what happened to Rider . He felt like it was all his fault that he had died. Bill did not go to school that day he felt sick. Everyone else went to school. They all wondered where Bill was so after school they went to check on the bill. When they noked on the door a young girl in a princess dress answered  the door. They asked the girl if Bill was home and she said yes he was in his room. They all went to the Bill’s room when they entered the room Bill through up into a bucket. They asked what was wrong and Bill said that it was because of the thought of Rider dieing. Well school wasfinally out for the summer some kids moved away but there was one kid that had just moved in she lived right down the street from Bill's house. To welcome them to the neighborhood Bill and his mom made them some homemade rolls. The next day Bill saw that the person that lived in the house was a girl that looked about his age and she was wearing a shirt and ripped jeans. He walked up to her and asked if she had anything she was doing later. She said no, well my name is Bill said Bill. well I am Liberty by the way meet me at the back of the middle school said bill ok said liberty. When Bill and Jake were at the store there was a kid named Daniel he overheard them talking about the pools machon he did not think Mr.sludgehammer was real so he went to the pools manchon he went down stairs when he went down stars he saw a body hanging there he ran up stairs and there stood Mr.sludgehammer he hit Daniel in the kneecaps then picked him and through him through the floor daniel was impaled with a piece of metal he tried to get off but Mr.sledgehammer pushed him down so it would be harder to get off but it was to late Daniel bled out. The next morning the police came to the school to look for Daniel but he was nowhere to be found. David was friends with Daniel. David knew what happened to Daniel. David went to the pool’s manchon to see if Daniel was there. He entered the spider web house with splattered blood everywhere he looked in the hole in the floor where Daniel was impaled with pieces of metal. David went down stairs to try to get daniel but Mr.sludgehammer grabbed davids head and pushed down on the pisces of metal that daniel was on but david did not have enough strength so the spike went through his skull and david after Mrsludgehammer did that he grabbed daniel and david bodys he through them down the well so no one could find the bodys. The next day bill tried to call david but he never pick up he was wondering if Mr.sludgehammer killed him bill was going to walk to david's house but he saw that someone was moving in to his house he walked up to the man and asked if he need any help the man said yes thank you as he cared posters into a pink looking room the stode a girl she was short with brown and blonde hair he asked what grade she was in she said she was in 8th grade he said my name is bill she replied with my name is ellie he said be careful weird things happen in this town if you want to know more meet me and my friends at the middle school she said ok. 

Chapter 9

They all met up behind the middle school jake was there flin was there ellie, liberty, and Katie ellie brought her younger brother tommis. Bill asked who that was ellie said it was her younger brother she also said that he was in 7th grade bill really don't care but he told ellie about Mr.sludgehammer and that she need to be careful his ellie asked how will she know if it is him well he wears overalls and has a diss formed face and cares a sledgehammer everywhere he goes and don't go to the pool’s mansion that is where he lives or something. Tommis wanted to go there to see if he was real but Ellie did not want him to go there. After the death of Rider Katie wanted to kill Mr.sludgehammer so at 12 am she would go tothe pool's mansion to get rid of the killer that killed her friend. She was on he was she brought a flare and a pistol, and a knife she entered the house she saw the hole in the floor she walk past it he went to the second floor Mr.sludgehammer was following her up the stairs when she saw him she ran into a room and slammed the door but he broke the door down he grabbed her by the jaw and grabbed his machete he shoved it in her mouth and came out the back of her skull. Bill went to Katie's house to see how she was doing after rider died he snuck up through her widow he noticed that she was no there he went to her shed and noticed the pistol was gone and so he call jake and finn and jake so they could go get Katie from the pool’s mansion there around their bikes there they looked all over on the first floor they could not find her on the first floor so they checked the basement Mr.sledgehammer anywhere they heard Katie scream from the second floor they ran up there they saw Mr.sledgehammer stick the machete in Katie's mouth flin through up Mr.sludgehammer looked at them and gave a grin they ran out the door and hoped on there bikes and went back to flins house. They called liberty and Ellie and told them what happened to Katie. They cried and said they killed this guy, then Bill said it was not that easy. I chopped off his hand and it grew back. Well how do we kill him then said liberty we had a plan to chop his head off but it did not work one of our friends died because he was too close to the door and the machete went through the door and through him to. We are trying to find out how to kill him but most of the planes are not working; they all fail somehow. I think i might have a plain that might work said Liberty do you know that hole with that piece of metal we could make him trip on that and fall onto it that way he is stuck and he can chop off his head he told Rylee about the plain to kill Mr.sludgehammer and told her about Katie she was glad about the plain she was ready to do this same with ellie, liberty and jake and flin were all ready they had to figure who would lead him into the house Rylee said that he would.

Chapter 10

Now all they had to do was wait till 12am as they waited they went to the fix it ice cream store to celebrate. As Rylee laid on her bed hoping this plan would work she grabbed her family sword just so she could cut off his hand. If he grabbed her she was scared because if this plain doesn't work she didn't know what she would do. She told every that she was ready so she went into the house looking for Mr.sludgehammer she saw him through the hole in the floor she said come get me you idiot he grabbed his sludgehammer and ran up the stairs Rylee ran out the door and hoped on her bike and peeled back to her house she went up the stairs and stode at the top of them waiting for him to break down the door he hit the door once he made a hole in the door he looked in through the hole in the door he saw Rylee standing at the top of the stairs. Wilel Rylee wasdoing that Bill, Jake, Flin, Liberty, Ellie, and Tommis were getting the house for when Rylee and Mr.sludgehammer come through the door they put a wire so when Mr.sludgehammer comes through he would trip on it and fall in the hole and get stuck on the sharp piece of metal so they could cut his head off. Back at Rylees house Rylee was waiting for him to break the door he stuck his hand through the hole in the door unlocked the door and came in he was charging at Rylee up the stairs Rylee ran and jumped on the chandelier and let go so she could get down faster she notice that her bike tires were popped well she had to run to the house as she ran she felt like she was going to pass out but she knew that if she stopped she would die some way so she kept running. Bill made sure that everything was ready for you when Rylee and Mr.sludgehammer came running through the door. They made shor that the wire was tight. Rylee was almost there they could see Mr.sludgehammer right behind her she made it up the porch jumped over the wire and ran to bill she passed out on bills arms Mr.sludgehammer walked through the door and tripped over the wire it went right through his heart bill ran down stairs he told Mr.sludgehammer that he would never hurt another kid in this town again then bill chopped his head off. Blood got all over Bill's shirt. They walked out the door like nothing happened; they were relieved that he was finally gone for good. After they went back to Rider's house they went to his backyard they told rider that they took care of Mr.sludgehammer that they are sorry for what happened they all made a promise if he is not dead that they would come back to kill him again. Ellie was the first to leave, next was liberty, then Flin left after flin was jake then Rylee and bill left together when high schools came around nun of them really talked anymore they all cared about in high school not talking to each other at all.