Forever Is A Reality | Teen Ink

Forever Is A Reality

February 28, 2011
By xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia
More by this author
xxLivixx PLATINUM, Mason, West Virginia
21 articles 0 photos 9 comments

I was devastated standing over my parents coffins. I had no idea that things could be this tragic, but that is just my life. I always used to believe that my parents would live forever, now I know different. I walked up to my mother’s coffin, “Mom, I know we had our differences, but I will always love you, I wish I could’ve made that clear.” This is the second set of parent that I had lost. I was at the funeral for my foster parents, Kelly and Rick. When I was a baby they adopted me, but they never told me I was adopted until last year when I was fifteen. I asked them repeatedly to tell me why real parents gave me up, but they said they didn’t know. I knew the truth, I could see it in their eyes. They were trying to protect me from something.

People gathered around me to try to comfort me, buy it didn’t ease my pain. They would say things like,”I’m sorry for your loss. Things can only get better. Kelly and Rick were great people.” Eventually I just blocked everything out. My grandmother was the only living family I had left, so I was going to have to live with her. My grandmother and I have always been close, we had a lot in common and I didn’t mind living with her.

Since the crash, I will admit, I have been acting way different. How do you expect me to act when my parents car went out of control and crashed off of the bridge? That my sister’s body was never found and some magical way I was pulled out of the river by gentle hands. I was suppose to die in that crash, but something saved me, or somebody, but I don’t remember. I only remember water from the river filling up the car, and cold gentle hands caressing my body as I moved through the water, then I must have passed out. When I woke up I was lying on the river bank with cops surrounding me asking me if I was okay and the distant sound of sirens coming toward us. I must have passed out again, because I woke up in the hospital with my three best friends surrounding me. Selina, Victoria, and Katherine were my best friends. Selina and I are the closest though. They all jumped in the little hospital bed with me and hugged me, while I cried. That was the first time in awhile that I had felt safe. I have been having the feeling that something has been watching me, but when I turn around to look there is nobody.

“Darcy.” A voice screamed. I turned around to find my self running into Selina’s arms. She held me tight. She always knew how to make me feel better. I was glad she was here with me. “We’ll get through this, I swear.” I felt bad about getting a combination of tears and mascara all over her jacket, but she didn’t seem to mind, she just held me closer.

“You have no idea how glad I am to see you right now...” I pulled out of her grasping arms and looked her in the eyes. “You are the best friend I could ever have.” I told her. This time I pulled her in for a hug, by now she was crying. I could hear them lowering my parents’ bodies into their graves. “I wish I could live with you instead of my grandmother.” I told her.

“Then move in with me. My mom already gave you permission. You know she loves you as much as me, maybe more.” She smiled.

“I think I’ll take you up on your offer. I don’t want to have to deal with family right now. Can we leave?” I asked her.

“Yea, lets go tell your grandmother.” She started to walk away but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

“No, lets just go. Please.” She nodded and we walked slowly to her car. I needed to have a good time, to get my parents’ cold dead bodies out of my head. I’ll never forget that day, it was when my life started changing.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 1 comment.


on Sep. 11 2011 at 4:13 pm
MiNdLeSsLuVeRgIrL BRONZE, Kenly, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 120 comments

Favorite Quote:
If you love something let it go, if it comes back its yours if it doesn't, it never was!

Dude finish it!!!!! or imma be sad :(