Curling? | Teen Ink

Curling? MAG

Curling is a very unusualsport that somehow ended up in the Olympics. This weird sport was invented inancient Scotland and is played with a 42-pound stone, a captain and two sweepers.Why were all the curling games in the Olympics shown on cable TV at prime timewhen no one cares about it? Why is curling even in the Olympics?

Curlingis a sport, but it is not exciting. It is actually more of a joke than a sport.When I watched, all I could see were old men and women (who are not fit) sweepingthe front of the ice so the stone could get in the middle of a circle. This sportdoes not require fit bodies, a lot of skill, or much equipment.

Curling is more of a game with no real action. It is really funny hearing peopleget all excited, but it just shouldn't be an Olympic event. Curling should betaken out of the Olympics, or at least it should not betelevised.

Shouldn't an Olympic event demonstrate your country's teamworkand hard work? Curling shows only small amounts of each. As an Olympic viewer itis frustrating that I couldn't watch all the hockey games, but curling was primetime. I hope in the next Olympics, the Olympic Committee will say no toprime-time curling being televised and yes to sports like hockey.

Sarbear GOLD said...
Sarbear GOLD, Milan, Ohio

--Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes.
--When life gives you lemons, squirt them in people's eyes.

Oh, well, I think that since you've probably never tried curling that you shouldn't stomp on it. You're an olympic viewer, not an Olympic athlete. Those athletes are so fit and hard-working that you have no room to talk. They represent our country and for that I admire those people who play on America's team for a couple of weeks to show what a great country we are.