Gun Control vs. Crime Control | Teen Ink

Gun Control vs. Crime Control MAG

Today when someone is killedby a firearm, people immediately say we need more gun control. I think it is oddthat we think gun control is the answer instead of crime control.

Duringthe last ten years, firearm manufacturers have been attacked with lawsuits. Manycompanies have lost large amounts of money, and some have been forced intobankruptcy. The reason people blame firearm companies for these deaths is beyondme. I believe that the one behind the gun kills, not the gun. Some seem to thinkthat guns are so harmful they kill people by themselves. I can't understand howsomeone could think a mechanical object that must have another involved to makeit work can kill.

There are over 20,000 laws restricting the useand ownership of firearms. Some think that more laws are necessary to protectcitizens. But really, these laws only infringe on the rights of Americancitizens.

I believe crime control makes more sense and is more effectivethan gun control. If we eliminate the criminal, then naturally crime willdecrease. If we try to eliminate the gun, the criminal will still be able to harmothers. Both Australia and the United Kingdom have eliminated citizenry gunownership. But in both cases, crime has increased. The criminals find a way toget guns, and honest gun-owners are deprived of their right to own afirearm.

If a criminal wants to harm another, they will find a way, evenif gun ownership is outlawed. But if we get the criminals off the streets, theywon't be able to harm others.

123Sesame said...
123Sesame, New York, New York
I completeley agree with you! :)

john white said...
great oppinion. i totally agree gun control is f*%&#d up