Bologna And Life | Teen Ink

Bologna And Life MAG

By Anonymous

   Have you ever eaten a bologna sandwich? What did it taste like? Under what circumstances did you eat it? Let me ask you another question. Have you ever eaten a bologna sandwich at the top of a mountain? If you haven't, what do you think it would taste like? Would it taste better?

If you have ever eaten a bologna sandwich at the top of a mountain, you know that it tastes much better. Savoring every bite is a lot easier up there than in your kitchen. Life when lived with passion and involvement seems magically better, just like that mountain top sandwich. When you live your life without desire, you become distant, and life loses its flavor.

Usually when we see a person who is happy and one who is sad, we think that the happier person has an easier life. When in reality, the cheerful person might just have a better attitude, and live their life with more vigor and commitment. It's not the sandwich, but where or how you eat it that gives it its distinction. So when given the bologna sandwich of life, climb a mountain and eat it on the peak looking over a beautiful lake, because I assure you, it's a lot more fun that way. ?