Are We Criminals - Or Kids? | Teen Ink

Are We Criminals - Or Kids? MAG

How would you like it if you couldn't go outside, couldn't walk down the street, or go out to eat with your friends? How would you like it if the reason was simply because you weren't born before 1978? This is not some science fiction movie or book, this is reality for millions of kids across the United States. This reality is called the curfew law.

The curfew law says that children (not people) under the age of eighteen are not allowed on the street after a certain hours, unless going to or from work or school, or if accompanied by their parents. If you break this law you could be spending the night in jail, and repeat offenders could face a trial.

Do you consider yourself such a danger to society that you shouldn't be allowed to be in a public place at night? Ask yourself what you did to be treated like a criminal. Remember, this doesn't effect all people, just those under age eighteen.

This isn't something way in the future or too far away to affect you, this is happening here, now, in New England. Do you think it should be legal to discriminate against us for something we can't control, our age? Also, being older doesn't make you better, it just makes you old. ?

zioN said...
okay you go outside at like 2am and see what happens kiddo

tota.kh said...
i think you took this law the wrong way. in my opinion it was made to protect you instead of stopping you. i mean there could be some weirdoes walking around at night and if you're without an adult then you might be in trouble. ofcourse thats not an everyday case, but still there is a good reason behind everything.