Solutions: Child Abuse | Teen Ink

Solutions: Child Abuse MAG

When people decide to have children, the general idea is to love and cherish them. But unfortunately this isn't always the situation. There are parents in this world who abuse children whether they are babies or teenagers. People like this are not fit to have children.

Whether it is physical or mental, abuse is wrong. Parents who abuse children should stop and take the time to get help, because the child will suffer in the end. Many children in this world die or become emotionally unstable because of abuse in the home.

Peers, educators, legislators and others should take the time to help not only the child who is suffering but also the parent. There should be counselors in the schools who specialize in these situations and other organizations to help the parents.

We as students can take the time and write letters and articles to newspapers and legislators to help our friend, relative or just another human being who is suffering, rather than just to talk about the issues. Innocent children should not be victims of child abuse. ?

hills said...
Child,you are a good one (good writer of essays)this essay lifted my spirit to go out and protest against child abuse

hills said...

hills said...

Rainbow_Princess, Columbus, Ohio

"I can accept failure but, I can't accept not trying." ~ Michael Jordan ~

W.O.W. I just about cried reading this you are so brave. I can't believe that this is true. How can your parents abuse you like that. I'm glad you are in a better home.

Beila BRONZE said...
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

Thank you for pointing out that the parents often need as much help as, if not more help than, their children. A well-written piece worth reading.

mylifeasapincushion GOLD, Redlands, California

"Extremist have shown what frightens them most: A girl with a book"
-Malala Yousafzai

I'm not trying to be mean, but honestly this is written in the essay format we learned in 5th grade. A little confused why this is being printed. Not terrible just not the best.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is true. Most people do this, this doesn't mean that everyone abuses their children, but this does and is happening a lot. You're really a brave person. This is also beautifully and truthfully written. Thank you for sharign this. 

Longlegs GOLD said...
Longlegs GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
Is that all you ever say? Lalalalala...?

Longlegs GOLD said...
Longlegs GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
Yes! Exactly. Hurtful words are as bad as physical abuse.

Longlegs GOLD said...
Longlegs GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
Oh...poor little kid.

Longlegs GOLD said...
Longlegs GOLD, Greeneville, Tennessee
W.O.W. Both of you. Your stories are so touching.

loveisntreal said...
:,,,( you are so brave. thanku for telling ur stoy. im a foster kid nd i can relate to u. my story is similar to urs. i am just not brave enough to tell it yet. thanks again:)

Nicole Lovett, Oakland, California
Man...you are so brave. I hope you a bright future <3 

Deej6595 BRONZE, Billerica, Massachusetts

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference.

Your right instead of talking about this we should be doing something. Instead of feeling pity we should try to empathize. That is why I write.

Go you SparrowFeather. Calm down getalifebastard it was a legitimate and completely accurate comment.

yourstruely said...
yourstruely, Belleville, Illinois

i never said life was easy.... i just said you have to work with it. a quote that i came up with.

I am a foster child now due to my biological family's abuse toward me.  it is not the first time i have been so either.  when i was living with my biological mother, who was a drug addict alcoholic prostitute, she ran off with me when i was born and when i hit the age of about 2 or 3 she started to drug me up and sell me so she could get more drugs.  i was taken away from her when i was 5 and put into 8 foster homes in4 months time until my biological dad got custody of me.  it was okay there for a while until my uncle started to molest me at the age of 8  until i was the age of 10 when i finally found the courage to tell.  you would think that would have solved everything but it did not in fact it made it worse because no one believed me so in the process i made my life worse.  after i had told everyone hated me and i was sent to my room and spent the duration of 5 years in a room with nothing but a metal chair, a bed with out sheets, 3 pairs of cloths, and an alarm clock.  the only time i was allowed out of that room was to go to school.  i was beaten on a regular basis and burned on my back on many other times. i ran away so many times but i was always forced to go back until the last time i ran away. i finaly was put in a home were i am loved and love them back and have begun to call them mom and dad. no matter who you are there is always hope and always something good to be waited for. <3

kmkjj said...
i know how you feel. i am in foster care because of my biological family

that is scary and sad,...

Bruskknight said...
i am writing a speech for my english class..i choose child abuse as my topic because i want to shoe what the consequence of child abuse are and give awareness of the issues to the people around.