Narrowmindedness | Teen Ink

Narrowmindedness MAG

By Anonymous

   What causes narrow-mindedness? Is it laziness, stubbornness, or just a lack of intelligence?

People can be so blind to what others live by, such as beliefs, customs, etc. They can't look deeply enough into their souls to understand that people are all different, they believe what they want to believe, and they practice their own religion because it is theirs - their way of life.

It's easy to understand that the world has millions of different people, some black, some white, some straight, some gay, etc. These differences will never go away, so what are these narrow-minded people doing wasting their time fighting against them? They just fight their way through life hating everyone who is not like them. They'll never change. They will just stick to what they think and never open their minds to learn, change, or understand. What a way to live.

Hitler killed millions of Jews because they didn't have the same beliefs as he. He gassed them, starved them, executed them all because they felt differently. What did they do to deserve that?

Gay bashing? You beat the brains out of a person because they prefer to date people of the same sex? Great concept. Where or what does that get you? They are not going to turn straight after that. Anyway, it's their lives. If you don't like it, then just don't talk about it. You can't change the world. Hitler tried to and look how he ended up.

I don't judge people by who they have sex with or if their skin is darker than mine. If they believe in a different religion than I do, I just say "that's interesting," because it is. Who would want to live in a world where everyone is exactly the same?

I don't think you have to agree with everything in the world ... but at least accept it. ?