Internet Real - Name System | Teen Ink

Internet Real - Name System

May 31, 2021
By taehyeon SILVER, Tirana, Other
taehyeon SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   The Internet has become an indispensable existence in modern times. Most electronic devices, including smartphones, computers and cars, use the Internet, and there is even a system for studying and studying information and stories from around the world. And on the Internet, you can use a nickname for someone who wants to protect their information or be called a nickname rather than a real name. However, there are many people who use it to cause crime. Many people have been harmed by such crimes. That's why some people want the Internet real - name system. This system is a system that registers an account by using one's real name in various Internet systems such as blogs and website bulletin boards. You can use it by providing your ID card or legal name.  
   So why do some people want the Internet real - name system? Using a nickname guarantees anonymity, so no matter what you do, you will not be identified. That is why it is less likely to be caught even if you abuse it to make bad comments or do bad things. However, if you use your real name, these things will be reduced and it will be easier to respond, so there are people who want the Internet real-name system. Also, if this is introduced, the credibility of online information increases. There is a lot of information on the Internet, and some of this information is obviously false. Such information uses false information with a shield of anonymity. However, if you introduce the Internet real - name system, your identity will be exposed, and you will be able to post reliable information, and you will be able to obtain and use more accurate information from the Internet. 
   Also, some people object to this. They argue that the Internet should be viewed as a public sphere where anyone can freely communicate. Therefore, anonymity is the core of the public sphere. Online where anonymity is guaranteed, you can participate freely without social pressure. They claim to be able to communicate genuinely because they can comfortably express their opinions and have no fear of retaliation when refuting others. If the real - name system is used on the Internet, the information of the suspects or victims related to the crime is easily exposed, and even people related to them, or their photos are indiscriminately disseminated, thereby violating their human rights and privacy, so they oppose the Internet real - name system. 
   I also thought about my own opinions while organizing both opinions. I am against the Internet real - name system. This is because they think that various information can be exposed based on their name. This is because using the Internet real-name system does not mean that all crimes on the Internet will disappear. I think there are more crimes that cannot be prevented than those that can be prevented when using the Internet real - name system. I think the situation will worsen even if you catch someone who has spread something illegal for the first time, because all the illegal distribution that has already spread cannot be removed. Therefore, I am in a position against the Internet real - name system.