2021 Kindness Contest: Cafeteria Curly Fries | Teen Ink

2021 Kindness Contest: Cafeteria Curly Fries

By lincoln10 BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island
lincoln10 BRONZE, Lincoln, Rhode Island

The greatest act of kindness one teenager can bestow upon another is the charitable donation of cafeteria curly fries. 

The teenage body needs ungodly amounts of food to satiate its desire for sustenance. The skimpiness of school-served entreés is not nearly enough to appease this ravenous, adolescent hunger.

The dreariness of the school day can be so well broken by such a simple, yet great action. That wanton desolation is shattered for just a bit by the small spot of light in a proverbial abyss.

Such a donation of by far the best food in the cafeteria, displays an unparalleled degree of selflessness. I know that I could never personally bring myself to such a sacrifice. Not many can.

Even those who, for some outlandish reason, do not find curly fries to be a gift from heaven; the degree to which they are willing to give is a model for the rest of us. 

This extravagant giving is enough to restore even the most nihilistic of individuals to the realm of moral certainty and faith in his fellow man. There is nothing more valuable that a developing mind could learn from school than the moral lessons taught by these great philanthropists. 

Those who are given power over society should take note of these magnificent individuals. Anyone who is willing to increase their hunger while struggling through the tundra that is the public education system, just so that their peers may have a slightly easier time are deserving of great recognition. If society had its priorities in line, the most popular people would always be those who donated cafeteria fries to others. 

Those with their heads far out of whack may suggest that cafeteria fries are not actually that good. These people obviously brought lunch from home as a youth. Those who do not know the pangs of hunger will never understand how such small items could contain so much power. In fact, it is only a bit hyperbolic to say that the combined value of cafeteria fries donated at one school in a given year is greater than that of the uranium in the first nuclear bombs. 

The authorities at some schools throughout the country have banned food sharing within cafeterias. These people are blind, frankly speaking, to the positives brought on the world by cafeteria curly fries. This sharing of food, shows children that their fellow man is just like them, with just as complicated inner workings. 

The praise that one can heap upon such a great act of kindness exceeds any sort of words or artistic expression. This essay, as such, has not done justice to this greatness. The only thing that can be professed from this point is a desire that hopefully everyone shares, that everyone may experience the donation of cafeteria curly fries.

This was submitted for an assignment in my 9th grade English class.